• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An attempt at making an Outsider Match work #1 (Deva vs Griffith)

Griffith starts with what is basically predestined causality manip and social influencing (yes actually, he exudes enough big dick energy to make people religious fanatics of him).

Griffith starts with what is basically predestined causality manip and social influencing (yes actually, he exudes enough big dick energy to make people religious fanatics of him).
The astral deva resists both

Hey, Pepper, where are they fighting? This will determine the starting phase of the fight for the Deva, as they will always appear as animals equal to them in strength to others. This animal will depend on the sort of area they are in, as they change it based on the environment.

The animal form does not exclude them of using their other abilities.

However, the Deva might go into their true form immediately if it can determine that Griffith is evil (which they can do by using Detect Evil). Though for that, it needs to be a bit closer, as the ability only works up to 18 meters.

Scans of their overall behavior.

How good is the social influence res? It doesn't explain or give an example?

I personally don't have access to the priest spell compendium, so have asked for other supporters to elaborate.
The spells are
This spell makes the priest appear weak, sick, injured, and emotionally distressed so as to engender a sympathetic response in anyone encountering the priest. It effectively disguises any unusual physical characteristics of menacing (fangs or claws, for example) and makes any drawn weapons or worn armor appear to be on menacing objects or heavy, but tattered, clothing (such as making a sword appear to be a walking staff). While this spell is in effect any creature of Low intelligence or greater (Intelligence 5+) except a crocodile or were-crocodile, that enters the area of effect must make a successful saving throw vs. spell or immediately move to the priest’s side at its full normal moment rate or faster to offer assistance. Weapons and shields are mopped in the haste to provide aid unless already sheathed or strapped on. Should the priest choose to attack as would-be benefactors approach, the latter are automatically surprised, and the priest has a 4 attack bonus during the round of surprise. This spell lasts for up to 1 hour per level of the priest. Any attack by the priest instantly ends the spell. Those who observe the priest cast the spell are also immune to its effects.
This spell fills the shukenja with great oratory ability, allowing the priest to explain the wonders of his or her religion to others. When cast, the shukenja sermonizes about the precepts of his or her ethos, attempting to sway or convert his listeners. For the duration of the spell casting, the shukenja is considered to have an 18 Charisma. Furthermore, the caster's words are inspired, providing hope and faith to all who listen. Everyone in the area of effect must make a saving throw vs death. Those who successfully make the saving throw are uneffected by the spell; those who fail are affected. They understand the true meaning of the shukenja's words and become followers of his or her ways.
Also like, having Charisma above 18 the game just treats the character as basically magic with early versions having stuff like "If you have a Charisma score of over 18 you automatically generate a fasciate sspell-like effect" which has the following properties:
Causes the target to see the caster as a person they trust and love if the target fails the saving throw. Non-intelligent creatures are not affected. The target responds appropriately, following the caster around as long as this doesn't pose a risk to their safety. The target can be persuaded to perform tasks for the caster - each request allows the target to roll 3d6. If this total exceeds the caster's Charisma, the spell is shattered. Requests that cost the target something add +1 to the roll, and requests that put them in harm's way add +2 to +6. When the spell is broken, the target is likely filled with rage and hate for the caster who manipulated their emotions so cruelly. The spell does not end until it is broken.

The spell can be used on creatures of animal intelligence, but such creatures remain under the effect of the spell for only 1d4 days. If the caster has treated the creature well, fed it, and attended to its needs, there is a 2% chance per point of Charisma that the creature willingly befriends the caster after this duration. Otherwise, the creature simply leaves quietly (if it was well treated but does not become a friend), or attacks (if it was ill treated).
All in all a Deva isn't really going to be swayed by Griffith's words or anything.

Griffiths charisma doesn't really require words. Though some of that does sound a lot like Griffiths stuff, but at the same time, his was so potent that someone actively rebelling against him, the natural order, and basically God began having a mental breakdown being in his presence and was convinced if he made contact he'd give up everything despite literally being a war and hating Griffith.. But shrug.

Does Deva have causality resistance, I don't see it on the profile? Griffith has a passive causality res that makes it so he can't even really be touched or effected by anything and also makes it so he ultimately wins.

Griffith also just whipped out some new stuff so idk what we wanna do about that

Anything stopping Griffith's passives?
maybe Deva's reality warping, but it won't be enough with this

" Non-Physical Interaction (Easily destroyed Ganishka's fog form which exists on astral plane), Incorporeality (Cannot be harmed by any normal means), Spatial Manipulation (Could grab a space-cutting slash from Skull Knight's Sword of Actuation by warping space), Attack Reflection (Should be able, like Void, to reflect attacks via his space-warping)"
Voting Femto, as much as i HATE HIM LOL

Guts' dragon slayer was utterly incapable of interacting with him in recent chapters, phasing right through him, even after numerous attacks. And that thing has NPI and can strike beings who's true self is on the astral plane so Griffith has some layered shit going on.

But his profile kinda stinky so shrug

Guts' dragon slayer was utterly incapable of interacting with him in recent chapters, phasing right through him, even after numerous attacks. And that thing has NPI and can strike beings who's true self is on the astral plane so Griffith has some layered shit going on.

But his profile kinda stinky so shrug
layered incorporeality? think it configure stomp, now, doesn't it?

I'ts not really layered incorporeality and more due fact that guts got haxed stomped by passive casual/plot hax and was unable to do anything to him, i'm think.

I'ts not really layered incorporeality and more due fact that guts got haxed stomped by passive casual/plot hax and was unable to do anything to him, i'm think.
I can end up sounding like a fanboy, but i don't really think plot hax/script is enough to justify being against NPI+Skilled Guts+Skilled Caska+a f*ck ton of stuff
on that forest with a ton of elfs
on a story on the level of Berserk.

And even if it's not layered, those 3 things combined may not make Deva able to affect him in any way at all

I can end up sounding like a fanboy, but i don't really think plot hax/script is enough to justify being against NPI+Skilled Guts+Skilled Caska+a f*ck ton of stuff
on that forest with a ton of elfs
on a story on the level of Berserk.

And even if it's not layered, those 3 things combined may not make Deva able to affect him in any way at all
Man that sucks, i was really cheering for Griffith to get smited by a DnD celestial here.I'm don't want to give him a W vote.

Layered intangibility through passive causality hax 🤔
which says a lot given it wounded slan, who also has passives, and guts has some minor degree of resistance to that as well

Maybe we should wait for the D&D supporters to show up before making claims like that?
for it to get in equal terms it would require Deva to get layered NPI, which he doesn't have any in his powers list

and i mentioned other things that would make him harder to hit

for it to get in equal terms it would require Deva to get layered NPI
Magic does have this.

It can hit incorporeal creatures that reside on the ethereal plane. Half of the time, tbf. But it is entirely possible for the Deva to interact, even through causality (which is resisted).

Back