• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An android faces a haunted fencer

fencer beats the **** outta steven bills as a plastic toaster lets go

AP:​

With weapons they are equal, as both appear to be baseline street level. if Connor would be able to disarm fencer then he'd have a hefty advantage

LS:​

another one for connor, as he's superhuman vs Athletic human

Skill:​

Due to how close they are together, fencer can put his fencing into good use against connor, along with their fighting style (since he fights like Red, we can assume he's a mix of being aggressive but mostly counter-attacks like Red does) COULD kill connor in hand to hand combat. Connor is at a disadvantage of range and could make it incredibly difficult to actually hit Fencer due to the space between them. I'm not knowledgeable on Detroit: Become Human but if connor disarms Fencer its game over. Fencer also has stealth mastery apparently, which does give him the option to leave and try and jump connor.

at the end of the day, both have immortality to keep throwing punches at each other but the fact in H2H connor is going to get outranged could get him killed if he doesn't disarm. unless connor in character disarms people very early in a fight, i'd give this to Fencer high-diff due to Connor's precog and other haxs. If connor does disarm early in fight? connor wins this very easily.

at the end of the day, both have immortality to keep throwing punches at each other but the fact in H2H connor is going to get outranged could get him killed if he doesn't disarm. unless connor in character disarms people very early in a fight, i'd give this to Fencer high-diff due to Connor's precog and other haxs. If connor does disarm early in fight? connor wins this very easily.
He usually starts with trying to shoot and will usually go for disarming when faced with another gun. Resistance to pain makes him kinda reckless in melee

Good analysis, I'll count your vote

He usually starts with trying to shoot and will usually go for disarming when faced with another gun. Resistance to pain makes him kinda reckless in melee

Good analysis, I'll count your vote
I just remembered Connor's type 8 immo, is that combat applicable or does it take too long?

It's 10 meters start, Connor has a gun, and a mix of martial arts, pressure points, superior lifting strength, and high intelligence with precog, information analysis, and analytical prediction.

I know Fencer's got Type 2, but to what degree? Because that starting range is going to let Connor fire his gun (likely multiple times) and all his abilities mean they'll likely be well placed shots that can do some damage to joints if they're not killing thanks to Type 2 (something Connor seems to be smart enough, skilled enough, and has the abilities to adapt to). And that high skill plus abilities to read the situation makes a disarm seem pretty likely.

Plus, Connor's stamina describes his synthetic organs similarly to Type 2 Immortality as well, since he can apparently substain heavy damage to them without giving out.

I don't know either character well, but it seems like Connor has a lot of options, a wider variety of skill, and can take Fencer down pretty easily once he's disarmed due to AP and LS advantage, and his mix of surviveability, skill, and abilities seem to make that realistic.

I think Conner should take this from where I'm seeing it.

I know Fencer's got Type 2, but to what degree?
The normal one, the types that can just keep walking after being riddled with bullets. It is based on Slasher tropes after all
Plus, Connor's stamina describes his synthetic organs similarly to Type 2 Immortality as well, since he can apparently substain heavy damage to them without giving out.
Fencer was winning due to melee prowess and Connor simply has pain resistance. If he takes too much damage, he will give out
pressure points
I don't think that works on Type 2

The normal one, the types that can just keep walking after being riddled with bullets. It is based on Slasher tropes after all

Fencer was winning due to melee prowess and Connor simply has pain resistance. If he takes too much damage, he will give out

I don't think that works on Type 2
Type 2 isn't just automatically the same thing, character feats are still important. Not all Type 2 users are capable of tanking the same damage. Enough damage or well placed damage can still incapacitate limbs, the user, or still kill. 30 feet is a lot of distance to cover against a guy that good with a gun and all those processing power abilities (not a huge distance, yes, but Connor seems to think FAST), it's important to know what Fencer can take and where he can take it.

I understand he'll eventually give out but the stamina section says: "Androids can survive even if most of their biocomponents are damaged, which are equivalent to vital human organs such as the heart." That's still VERY substantial, similar to, but not quite, how Type 2 Immortality is described. I'm getting the impression that he can REALLY hang in there.

Type 2 doesn't give you a pressure point resistance I'm pretty sure. Even being undead doesn't I don't think, at least it's more case-by-case i believe. Regardless, Connor seems to show great skill based on these techniques, couples with everything else I'm getting the impression it's a dragout H2H, and Fencer's at a LS disadvantage AND is helpless if disarmed.

Last edited:
Type 2 isn't just automatically the same thing, character feats are still important. Not all Type 2 users are capable of tanking the same damage. Enough damage or well placed damage can still incapacitate limbs, the user, or still kill. 30 feet is a lot of distance to cover against a guy that good with a gun and all those processing power abilities (not a huge distance, yes, but Connor seems to think FAST), it's important to know what Fencer can take and where he can take it.
because were supposed to get character feats from a verse that are nothing but drawings and a few statements?

yeah... no. the best we have is that fencer is 'too angry to die' and is very ******* angry. the second connor tries shooting him, he will soon realize he's wearing FENCER ARMOR. which, by the way, fun fact at higher levels Fencer armor is made of Kevlar (which is used to make bulletproof vests) so not only can he take a few bullets from his armor, but his immortality (which even poor type 2 immortality can take a few bullets) will make it even harder to put him down. in H2H connor is reckless meaning the second Fencer begins doing weird stupid shit Connor is going to eat every shit imaginable.

because were supposed to get character feats from a verse that are nothing but drawings and a few statements?

yeah... no. the best we have is that fencer is 'too angry to die' and is very ******* angry. the second connor tries shooting him, he will soon realize he's wearing FENCER ARMOR. which, by the way, fun fact at higher levels Fencer armor is made of Kevlar (which is used to make bulletproof vests) so not only can he take a few bullets from his armor, but his immortality (which even poor type 2 immortality can take a few bullets) will make it even harder to put him down. in H2H connor is reckless meaning the second Fencer begins doing weird stupid shit Connor is going to eat every shit imaginable.
I'm not getting a lot of this from the profiles.

Fencer's durability is still only listed as Athlete with no mention of the armor or how durable it is/should be.

Connor's guns have a description for upscaling or at least being comparable to and capable of bringing down similar andoids of his own tier.

Nothing is noted or reckless CQC for Connor, his profile lists all sorts of abilities that make him seem skilled and fully capsble of rational and effective decision making (Precog, Analytic prediction, information analysis, martial art mastery)

Fencer's Immortality is just...Too angry to die? There's no other substance or feats or refrences? I understand he was killed and came back but that's...it?

If your reply is totally true, the profiles haven't given me remotely the correct information to form an opinion with. I might have to just retract my vote due to a lack of confidence...

I'm not getting a lot of this from the profiles.

Fencer's durability is still only listed as Athlete with no mention of the armor or how durable it is/should be.
pretty sure thats because henderson nuked his entire verse to make it from scratch, so kinda hard to get our grubby fingers on anything.
Connor's guns have a description for upscaling or at least being comparable to and capable of bringing down similar andoids of his own tier.
who most of them appear to be baseline street level like most androids in the verse, who have type 2 immort aswell.
Nothing is noted or reckless CQC for Connor, his profile lists all sorts of abilities that make him seem skilled and fully capsble of rational and effective decision making (Precog, Analytic prediction, information analysis, martial art mastery)
that came from Detroit become human supporter.
Fencer's Immortality is just...Too angry to die? There's no other substance or feats or refrences? I understand he was killed and came back but that's...it?
its like doomguy but instead of looking really cool he looks like you put a wojak through one of those ai's that make things look 'more realistic'

Okay ignoring the rest for now: The verse is nuked?

Is that why basically all the links are dead and I can't use them? Are there backups? Mirrors? Archived images?

Some of this stuff feels like it needs refrences and context.

Okay ignoring the rest for now: The verse is nuked?

Is that why basically all the links are dead and I can't use them? Are there backups? Mirrors? Archived images?

Some of this stuff feels like it needs refrences and context.
Entire thing went boom boom, poor bastard never saw it coming.

its being remade or sumthin though.

Good lord that's...unfortunate.
I'm completely withdrawing, then. I may be misinformed on Connor and there's nothing to double check and confirm for Fencer without the verse and refrences. I don't think I can or should vote.

And just to get this concluded

Fencer FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back