• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An actual viable Taskmaster match

Tomfer

He/Him

Taskmaster vs Moon Knight

large-1593692.jpg
large-9189618.jpg

They have the same AP and Speed value.

Main wincon for Taskmaster:
More skillful.

Main wincon for Moon Knight:
Better hax.

Taskmaster would be able to overwhelm Moon Knight in a conventional fight. He's studied Moon Knight in the past, so unless he significantly changes his standard tactics Tasky would be able to counter and adapt to any physical attack he'd throw.

That said, I think Taskmaster might face a similar challenge that he had when they last fought. Despite Moon Knight being less skilled in a technical sense, he's got more than enough endurance to take most of what Tasky can offer here. I also don't think Tasky could really do anything to counter his magical abilities.

This is assuming Tasky doesn't just flee outright. Moon Knight could beat him through SI alone, considering he's one of the few people Tasky flat-out refuses to fight under normal circumstances. Even for money.

Before anything, while Moon Knight technically does have a lifting strength advantage, in actuality, they're both Class K because of this thread that upgrades all 9-Bs to that class. So let's just assume they're equal on that regard too.

That said, I think Taskmaster might face a similar challenge that he had when they last fought. Despite Moon Knight being less skilled in a technical sense, he's got more than enough endurance to take most of what Tasky can offer here. I also don't think Tasky could really do anything to counter his magical abilities.
To be fair, Moon Knight decided to end things as fast as possible in their comic fight, something that he cannot do here since the best he's getting is his angel-glider, not his moon-copter (MK doesn't even have it anymore because of their encounter, lmao). And yes, Taskmaster does not have any way to counter his magic but it's not that bad, Edit: even if it's a Low 1-A force, MK doesn't have really go for it unless it's a supernatural creature or near out of options.

This is assuming Tasky doesn't just flee outright. Moon Knight could beat him through SI alone, considering he's one of the few people Tasky flat-out refuses to fight under normal circumstances. Even for money.
I'm pretty sure that SBA can negate that, even if it's an in-character rule. Taskmaster will probably assume that MK is going for the kill here and knows that he can't escape him.

I'll throw my small analyze here to get the ball rolling:

While Taskmaster does have a significant skill advantage here, MK's stats amp + spatial manipulation can increase MK's AP and Speed enough to "stomp" characters far more skilled than Tasky, like Iron Fist in that Age of Khonshu event. It also shows that, while not as skilled as the top tiers, he can at least compete and not be stomped.

The winner will most likely be decided if Taskmaster can be fast enough to win at the very beginning, otherwise it would be a war of attrition that MK will most likely win.

Last edited:
Before anything, while Moon Knight technically does have a lifting strength advantage, in actuality, they're both Class K because of this thread that upgrades all 9-Bs to that class. So let's just assume they're equal on that regard too.

To be fair, Moon Knight decided to end things as fast as possible in their comic fight, something that he cannot do here since the best he's getting is his angel-glider, not his moon-copter (MK doesn't even have it anymore because of their encounter, lmao). And yes, Taskmaster does not have any way to counter his magic but it's not that bad, Edit: even if it's a Low 1-A force, MK doesn't have really go for it unless it's a supernatural creature or near out of options.

I'm pretty sure that SBA can negate that, even if it's an in-character rule. Taskmaster will probably assume that MK is going for the kill here and knows that he can't escape him.

I'll throw my small analyze here to get the ball rolling:

While Taskmaster does have a significant skill advantage here, MK's stats amp + spatial manipulation can increase MK's AP and Speed enough to "stomp" characters far more skilled than Tasky, like Iron Fist in that Age of Khonshu event. It also shows that, while not as skilled as the top tiers, he can at least compete and not be stomped.

The winner will most likely be decided if Taskmaster can be fast enough to win at the very beginning, otherwise it would be a war of attrition that MK will most likely win.
I'll lean Moon Knight FRA for now

Hasn't Taskmaster already dealt with state amp and spatial manip before tho??

SBA would negate that normally, but based on his profile SI is like...an actual power Moon Knight has, and not something that's exclusive to Tasky. So Taskmaster would still feel the effects of it even though he is technically forced to fight through SBA rules. Which is detrimental to him.

I'm shaky on how much SI can be used as an actual wincon in site matches, admittedly.

This does make sense.

like Iron Fist in that Age of Khonshu event.
Is Iron Fist really that much more skilled than Taskmaster is? They've fought pretty evenly in the past. I don't doubt he's more skilled, but I question if there's like...a large gap.

Question: Is the starting distance SBA?

I imagine in character, given Moon Knight's reputation, Taskmaster would probably try to just headshot him with his bow or a conventional firearm.

Hasn't Taskmaster already dealt with state amp and spatial manip before tho??
Stat amp of MK is quite higher than normal, high enough that he can even one-shot a 8-C like during his West Coast Avengers run, MK was 100% empowered by Khonshu atm and one-shotted Black Knight with a sneak attack.

SBA would negate that normally, but based on his profile SI is like...an actual power Moon Knight has, and not something that's exclusive to Tasky. So Taskmaster would still feel the effects of it even though he is technically forced to fight through SBA rules. Which is detrimental to him.

I'm shaky on how much SI can be used as an actual wincon in site matches, admittedly.
Yeah, same ngl.

Is Iron Fist really that much more skilled than Taskmaster is? They've fought pretty evenly in the past. I don't doubt he's more skilled, but I question if there's like...a large gap.
To be honest, fighting once and twice isn't saying much, otherwise MK would be considered far higher than he should be, lmao. We did consider him to be top 2 most skilled in marvel, where Taskmaster is 5 and MK is 7.

Edit: I think the skill gap between Task and Iron Fist is the same gap there is between Task and MK.
Question: Is the starting distance SBA?

I imagine in character, given Moon Knight's reputation, Taskmaster would probably try to just headshot him with his bow or a conventional firearm.
The biggest distance between the two last I remember? So Hundreds of Meters because of Task. And yeah, I agree that he'll try to keep a distance, but his SI will make his aim worse than usual, so that's an advantage.

Last edited:
Back