• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amphibia Revision: Better Justifications, More References: Part 3: Marcy Wu's Profile (Staff Input Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, Marcy Wu's new profile has come.

Old Profile

New Profile

By the way, I also propose the following change:
1. The abilities of "Calamity Form" are shared by the Calamity Trio. Therefore, the change in said ability section applies to the Calamity Trio (Anne, Sasha and Marcy)'s Calamity Form.
2. The Calamity Trio's Lifting Strength upgrades to Class 50 because of Frobo's Class 50 feat.

That is a LOT of quotes.

But anyways, this all makes sense to me. Though I'm not staff, so that probably doesn't count for much.

I think that its pretty good overall. I do have a few minor complaints though.

1. I don't think just surviving an electricity based explosion is enough to qualify for an electricity resistance. If she shrugged it off with no injury then it might be a resistance but she doesn't. She even mentions that it injured her in the following paragraph "Bright side, I'm learning a ton. Every crossed wire- and accompanying self injury teaches me something new about his surprisingly complicated and sophisticated engineering" (Marcy's Journal Entry 73). It's just a durability feat.

2. The "Spell To Increase Your Luck In Farming" doesn't control luck. It just generates a small rain cloud. Marcy even has a small note saying "Not even sure what type of luck it entails tho". It's Weather Manipulation, not Supernatural Luck.

3. I feel Note 3 is kind of redundant. I understand 1,2 and 4 but 4 feels unnecessary . Instead of giving the clumsiness a whole note , you could just adjust her weakness section. You could make the weaknesses section say something along the lines of "Is very clumsy, though this could be just written off as a gag".

Otherwise, I think it's really good.

1. I don't think just surviving an electricity based explosion is enough to qualify for an electricity resistance. If she shrugged it off with no injury then it might be a resistance but she doesn't. She even mentions that it injured her in the following paragraph "Bright side, I'm learning a ton. Every crossed wire- and accompanying self injury teaches me something new about his surprisingly complicated and sophisticated engineering" (Marcy's Journal Entry 73). It's just a durability feat.
Actually, I was originally thought as what you thought, until I have checked that standard of resistance:
Resistance is the power to withstand the effects of certain abilities through varying means.
The reason why I decide to add it is because I feel that Frobo's electricity has the potential which is above an average human could withstand. Also, Anne, Sasha and Plan has their resistance to electricity feats. Since Marcy has own electricity-resistance feat too, I do feel that Marcy can have resistance to electricity too.
That is a LOT of quotes.
Does she need that many quotes?
The quotes are selected by me and they are not randomly selected. The different quotes represent Marcy's personality shown in different period, allowing reader better grasp Marcy Wu's personality, and a Marcy Wu fan's passion.
2. The "Spell To Increase Your Luck In Farming" doesn't control luck. It just generates a small rain cloud. Marcy even has a small note saying "Not even sure what type of luck it entails tho". It's Weather Manipulation, not Supernatural Luck.
I do admit that the justification of Supernatural Luck is weak, but at least it is in its name. The "Weather Manipulation" is Marcy's assumption of the actual effect of this potion, and it is unknown if it is the actual effect of the potion. I don't have a clear idea. I do think that removing Supernatural Luck and keeping the description of the potion in equipment section is a good idea. What's your opinion?

By the way, what about the following change?
1. The abilities of "Calamity Form" are shared by the Calamity Trio. Therefore, the change in said ability section applies to the Calamity Trio (Anne, Sasha and Marcy)'s Calamity Form.
2. The Calamity Trio's Lifting Strength upgrades to Class 50 because of Frobo's Class 50 feat.

Actually, I was originally thought as what you thought, until I have checked that standard of resistance:
According to Google, the definition of withstand is "remain undamaged or unaffected by; resist". Marcy mentions that she was directly damaged. Meaning that the "resistance" doesn't fit the criteria.

The reason why I decide to add it is because I feel that Frobo's electricity has the potential which is above an average human could withstand. Also, Anne, Sasha and Plan has their resistance to electricity feats. Since Marcy has own electricity-resistance feat too, I do feel that Marcy can have resistance to electricity too.
Is there any proof that backs up the idea of Frobo having electricity that is above the level of a human could take?
I do admit that the justification of Supernatural Luck is weak, but at least it is in its name. The "Weather Manipulation" is Marcy's assumption of the actual effect of this potion, and it is unknown if it is the actual effect of the potion. I don't have a clear idea. I do think that removing Supernatural Luck and keeping the description of the potion in equipment section is a good idea. What's your opinion?
Marcy mentions that Maddie is teaching her beginner hexes to build up to the Necromancy Spell. I don't really think it's an assumption on Marcy's part, I believe its Marcy writing down the spell and its effects according to what Maddie told her. It could just be a spell with a misleading name.
By the way, what about the following change?
Those are fine.

She doesn't need to be completely unaffected in order to get resistance. If Frobo's electricity really is beyond what normal humans can survive, but Marcy does, she could still get resistance

She doesn't need to be completely unaffected in order to get resistance. If Frobo's electricity really is beyond what normal humans can survive, but Marcy does, she could still get resistance
1.There’s no proof that Frobo’s electricity is far beyond what a normal human can take.
2. We don’t just give characters a resistance for something because they survived it. It would be like if we gave every character who’s ever survived an energy blast a resistance to Energy Projection. The character needs to explicitly show that they take it far better than an average person would, it’s just a durability feat otherwise.

According to Google, the definition of withstand is "remain undamaged or unaffected by; resist". Marcy mentions that she was directly damaged. Meaning that the "resistance" doesn't fit the criteria.
VS Battles Wiki does have official criteria:
Some characters are capable of withstanding damage to the point where an attack only leaves little to no damage on their bodies. In other instances, some characters are less wounded from attacks that seriously harmed others. Sometimes characters are only capable of wounding others because of using sharp attacks which are able to leave more noticeable wounds than blunt attacks.
And:
Is there any proof that backs up the idea of Frobo having electricity that is above the level of a human could take?
It is based on two things:
1. Anne, Sasha, Sprig, Hop Pop, Polly has their resistance to electricity feats (and the feat in S1E4b is calculated as 28.93 Tons of TNT, which is withstood by Anne, Sprig, Hop Pop and Polly), so it is consistent.
2. Frobo's AP is powered by such electricity.

Also, I have specifically asked this question in Q&A long before:
And the answer make me add the resistance.
Marcy mentions that Maddie is teaching her beginner hexes to build up to the Necromancy Spell. I don't really think it's an assumption on Marcy's part, I believe its Marcy writing down the spell and its effects according to what Maddie told her. It could just be a spell with a misleading name.
There are two things which may contradict to your assumption:
1. Marcy clearly writes:
RESULTS
* not sure what type of luck it entails tho
above the "Weather Manipulation". It is clearly meaning that Marcy Wu does not know the exact effects of the spell.
2. Marcy Wu's "Spell to Imbue Objects with Cloying Cuteness" pictures features the creature created by Marcy Wu herself, suggesting that the pictures of spells are based on her understanding rather than Maddie's detail description.

VS Battles Wiki does have official criteria:

And:

It is based on two things:
1. Anne, Sasha, Sprig, Hop Pop, Polly has their resistance to electricity feats (and the feat in S1E4b is calculated as 28.93 Tons of TNT, which is withstood by Anne, Sprig, Hop Pop and Polly), so it is consistent.
2. Frobo's AP is powered by such electricity.

Also, I have specifically asked this question in Q&A long before:
And the answer make me add the resistance
I wasn’t aware of the Q&A thread. If other people say it’s fine, then it’s fine.
Also, I have specifically asked this question in Q&A long There are two things which may contradict to your assumption:
1. Marcy clearly writes:

above the "Weather Manipulation". It is clearly meaning that Marcy Wu does not know the exact effects of the spell.
2. Marcy Wu's "Spell to Imbue Objects with Cloying Cuteness" pictures features the creature created by Marcy Wu herself, suggesting that the pictures of spells are based on her understanding rather than Maddie's detail description.
I also concede here. Though, I think that “Possible Probability Manipulation” fits better than Supernatural Luck. Supernatural Luck is the passive version of Probability Manipulation. Since Marcy isn’t affecting luck passively than Probability Manip fits a bit better.

I also concede here. Though, I think that “Possible Probability Manipulation” fits better than Supernatural Luck. Supernatural Luck is the passive version of Probability Manipulation. Since Marcy isn’t affecting luck passively than Probability Manip fits a bit better.
It is a good idea and I have edited it.

By the way, I have added Marcy's Frobo-fixing feat in intelligence section (Note 8).

It seems that the CRT has received sufficient approval. I'll ask if it could be concluded and applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back