• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard(Hellsing) Immortality and Vulnerability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, we are closing on soon. Just a wait a bit longer.
Brother, you've been going on since April 4th and have devolved into talking about meth addicts. I'd say it's a pretty ******* good time to conclude. Obviously, good discussion on the topic of the thread has long since ceased, and I don't think anyone's bringing up anything new to the already gargantuan text walls here.

Last edited:
Brother, you've been going on since April 4th and have devolved into talking about meth addicts. I'd say it's a pretty ******* good time to conclude. Obviously, good discussion on the topic of the thread has long since ceased, and I don't think anyone's bringing up anything new to the already gargantuan text walls here.
It was that long? wow and I didn't really deviate from the topic but there are these last few points that need to be addressed.

y'all I realized something I had acquired certain info which was forgotten until now. I think the reason why the major said that Walter did not have any chance to beat Alucard after he started absorbing the blood of London was that Blood strengthens Alucard(or true vampires in general) and it would make him more powerful and Walter would have no chance to beat him because of his progressive buildup of power due to blood absorption. This correlates to when The Major stated that he still doesn't think Walter can beat Alucard without souls because he doesn't have what it takes to beat him and Alucard absorbing blood negates all possibilities of Walter winning because of the rise of Alucard's strength.
As for the dialogue Alucard said to kill him repeatedly in a multitude of times was a metaphor to try and beat him and it won't work even then.
As for the dialogue when the Major addressed Alucard being alone in his castle after lvl 0 release; it had no correlation to his immortal and regeneration abilities because Abraham Van Helsing referred to Dracula's servants as his castle. Sort of a metaphor for Alucard being the king and the souls(or servants like the 3 brides, Renfield) are just the soldiers of his army and kingdom.
If we correlate and arrange these points to mine. It affirms that Alucard does not use souls to regenerate.

y'all I realized something I had acquired certain info which was forgotten until now. I think the reason why the major said that Walter did not have any chance to beat Alucard after he started absorbing the blood of London was that Blood strengthens Alucard(or true vampires in general) and it would make him more powerful and Walter would have no chance to beat him because of his progressive buildup of power due to blood absorption. This correlates to when The Major stated that he still doesn't think Walter can beat Alucard without souls because he doesn't have what it takes to beat him and Alucard absorbing blood negates all possibilities of Walter winning because of the rise of Alucard's strength.
As for the dialogue Alucard said to kill him repeatedly in a multitude of times was a metaphor to try and beat him and it won't work even then.
As for the dialogue when the Major addressed Alucard being alone in his castle after lvl 0 release; it had no correlation to his immortal and regeneration abilities because Abraham Van Helsing referred to Dracula's servants as his castle. Sort of a metaphor for Alucard being the king and the souls(or servants like the 3 brides, Renfield) are just the soldiers of his army and kingdom.
If we correlate and arrange these points to mine. It affirms that Alucard does not use souls to regenerate.
Insert Walter halfway splitting Alucard in two lengthwise here.

If Alucard would die from having his heart poked Walter would've been able to kill him outright.

Were his wires blessed?
Don't need to be, unless of course you want to argue that Walter is the biggest ******* idiot this side of vampire slaying despite doing it for most of his life for trying to do it with a ****** pipe

So your damned if you do and damned if you don't, sorry

Regular vampires can be killed by conventional weaponry. Hellsing organization experimented on Alucard to be immune to that leaving him vulnerable to holy weapons only. Also, Walter was not there when the experiments were taking place on Dracula and he was not the one who mediated it. So an error in Walter's knowledge.

I'm pretty sure his knowledge would be up to date on the guy who he wants to kill more then any other, cause, unless you want to make extra assumptions, there's files somewhere that would detail wtf was done to Alucard

Also doesnt change the fact he WAS staked before any enhancements

If his knowledge was indeed up to date, and he thinks souls are the source of his powerful regen, why did he think that using a pipe would work or bisecting him would kill him when he didn't have souls but at the same time Dracula could not regen a stake in his heart despite having thousands of souls at his disposal to regenerate the damage and retaliate back against Van Helsing?

Last edited:
Or it was just the fact that he had millions of lives. Again. Which Alucard mentions. And the Major mentions. In the official translation. Again.

Dude I'm sorry but you really haven't made any progress towards disputing what's on the profiles. Like at all.

If his knowledge was indeed upto date, and he thinks souls are the source of his powerful regen, why did he think that using a pipe would work or bisecting him would kill him when he had souls but at the same time Dracula could not regen a stake in his heart despite having thousands of souls at his disposal to regenerate the damage and retaliate back against Van Helsing?
Alucard has good regen with or without souls, staking/destroying the heart takes a soul away, decapitation wasn't exactly stated too(And Walter didn't go for that when he is more then capable of tearing Alucard to smithereens, implying decap cant kill Alucard), plus, Dracula has thousands of souls, and yet still survived being staked, you'd have a point here if Alucard and Drac weren't the same guy and Drac DID die.

But I dunno about you, but literally everyone and their ******* pet cow says this guy was Dracula, he literally has nightmares about having his shit kicked in as Dracula, so I'm pretty sure he was Dracula.

As for the bisection point, Walter already knew his chance passed even without Alucard telling him it did, he was spiting Alucard at that point

Or it was just the fact that he had millions of lives. Again. Which Alucard mentions. And the Major mentions. In the official translation. Again.
No, it wasn't because of that. The Major asking how many lives he is absorbing is a testament to how much blood he is absorbing and how stronger he gets by doing it and his overwhelming power negates Walter's chances of winning coupled with the fact of Walter's reverse aging.
Also, the official translation is a bit wonky and was stated to have mistranslations also due to the translator not having any knowledge in other dialects of Japanese and it's culture and is not able to bring 100% or relative to that amount in the accuracy of translating it.
Dude I'm sorry but you really haven't made any progress towards disputing what's on the profiles. Like at all.
@Random-Helper323 Sorry but I'm gonna let some stream out so excuse me on this.

Are you seriously being this ignorant and dense? Despite being actual feats for countering the soul count and even dialogues that even refute it and me providing more factual information( Which for the record, none of you still haven't provided refutations and shrugged it off by saying "The novel isn't canon" or "We have character statements that prove the soul count( Which has now turned in my favor now) and straight up even dodged also and some didn't even read my argument and decided to give a word declaring my points being invalid) than all of you combined in your favor to advocate the soul count, you are saying I made no progress at all? Sure, you are being a debate goon at this rate.

I'm gonna be honest, the OP is using tons of assumptions that literally contradict what's shown and stated in the manga.

Alucard has good regen with or without souls, staking/destroying the heart takes a soul away, decapitation wasn't exactly stated too(And Walter didn't go for that when he is more then capable of tearing Alucard to smithereens, implying decap cant kill Alucard), plus, Dracula has thousands of souls, and yet still survived being staked, you'd have a point here if Alucard and Drac weren't the same guy and Drac DID die.
staking his heart would force him to sacrifice a soul to regenerate the damage, then why did he not regenerate the damage after being staked to fight back against Abraham Van Helsing to win the battle? Also, Dracula didn't really survive, if he was left there with a stake in his heart and did not use his coffin, he would die.
Decapitation is lethal to vampires and sends them dormant and leaves them vulnerable so it would force them to use a soul.

Also, this does not conclude that Alucard and Dracula(Bram Stoker) are two different people. It's just that Hirano made a deviation in the novel to kickstart the manga where Dracula gets staked but does not get decapitated to ensure his death.
But I dunno about you, but literally everyone and their ******* pet cow says this guy was Dracula, he literally has nightmares about having his shit kicked in as Dracula, so I'm pretty sure he was Dracula.
Yeah I agree
As for the bisection point, Walter already knew his chance passed even without Alucard telling him it did, he was spiting Alucard at that point
I know, I was trying to prove my point when you brought up on why Alucard didn't die when Walter slit him in half.

I'm gonna be honest, the OP is using tons of assumptions that literally contradict what's shown and stated in the manga.
Put out some instances.
If I did use assumptions, then it would go against my morale and integrity in debating and I would feel like a ********.
Also, I'm pretty sure you were the same guy who didn't bother reading my arguments first and decided to conclude that I am wrong.
And considering the fact that you barely attempted to give a refutation of my points just kills the credibility of your word in this dispute.
Yeah, this statement you gave out is full of shit honestly.

staking his heart would force him to sacrifice a soul to regenerate the damage, then why did he not regenerate the damage after being staked to fight back against Abraham Van Helsing to win the battle? Also, Dracula didn't really survive, if he was left there with a stake in his heart and did not use his coffin, he would die.
Decapitation is lethal to vampires and sends them dormant and leaves them vulnerable so it would force them to use a soul.

Also, this does not conclude that Alucard and Dracula(Bram Stoker) are two different people. It's just that Hirano made a deviation in the novel to kickstart the manga where Dracula gets staked but does not get decapitated to ensure his death.

Yeah I agree

I know, I was trying to prove my point when you brought up on why Alucard didn't die when Walter slit him in half.
Is this from the novel or from Hellsing, cause as established, Alucard didn't exactly die from Anderson turning him into a porcupine and decaping him(Integra basically said it wasnt enough), and since Van Hellsing beat his ass so thoroughly, chances are a little more then staking was done, so let's talk about all the weaknesses Alucard hasn't shown!

Can’t stand garlic: never saw that!

if he gazes upon a holy symbol he will begin to have panic attacks: Sounds like a mental thing, who is the guy that wears a holy symbol in Hellsing 24/7 again?

Described by Van Helsing as needing to experience something before becoming better at it: well we don't see him do shit he hasn't done before so... non-factor?

Can only transform before sunrise and sunset, will be stuck in a form if he is still in it by sunrise, and can't use most of his powers while in one of his three forms: We don't see him transform into one of the main 3 transformations, non-factor

Putting a rose on his coffin traps him inside. A sacred bullet fired into him will make him "True-Dead": These don't get used

Drowning him will kill him: Never shown or implied, non-factor

Using his powers too often will exert him and his insatiable thirst will increase: Yeah. Alucard totally gets exerted by using his powers. Uhuh.

Mountain ash is also described as protection from vampires: We don't see Mountain Ash.

Becomes far weaker during the daytime and loses the majority of his powers: We literally see him using mind control during day so...

When about half the Weaknesses aren't mentioned and the one that would be a mental one is never even implied, there's an issue. Especially since Anderson literally has 4 holy symbols on his person at all times

No, it wasn't because of that. The Major asking how many lives he is absorbing is a testament to how much blood he is absorbing and how stronger he gets by doing it and his overwhelming power negates Walter's chances of winning coupled with the fact of Walter's reverse aging.
Also, the official translation is a bit wonky and was stated to have mistranslations also due to the translator not having any knowledge in other dialects of Japanese and it's culture and is not able to bring 100% or relative to that amount in the accuracy of translating it.
Brother, I'm all for pointing inconsistencies and such, but first of all: on whose authority are you saying the official translation is bad? Second: unless you know a native Japanese speaker who can translate these panels the "right way", the official Dark Horse publication is the best we've got and the best we're ever gonna get (and also backed up the Portugese version, funnily enough).
Are you seriously being this ignorant and dense? Despite being actual feats for countering the soul count and even dialogues that even refute it
The closest you ever got to providing actual refutation of the soul count is, with the most charitable interpretation, a bit of early instalment weirdness regarding Alucard's regen (and at worst, outright misunderstanding).
( Which for the record, none of you still haven't provided refutations and shrugged it off by saying "The novel isn't canon"
We never said the novel isn't canon. It's canon in the same way any reimagining of any classic work is canon. There's multiple things that get differentiated, so we do not take it as a one-to-one.
or "We have character statements that prove the soul count
Provided multiple times and with you insisting on a different translation, yes.
( Which has now turned in my favor now)
Not even close.
and straight up even dodged also and some didn't even read my argument and decided to give a word declaring my points being invalid)
Well I did indeed read all your arguments. And I still believe they're largely invalid.
than all of you combined in your favor to advocate the soul count, you are saying I made no progress at all?
Not really, no.
Yeah, this statement you gave out is full of shit honestly.
I believe for the most part we've given you ample time and presented a respectable enough attitude towards gathering your arguments. I also believe the most you can do to honor that treatment is to not suddenly get aggressive for no reason. Not everyone can be as active or as attentive as you, this is a hobby for ****'s sake. Gin has liked several comments here, so I know (and you should too) that he does read what is being written. It'd be pretty damn needy to want him to respond to every single message you post when he can simply back up something someone has already said. Not to mention it just wastes time if his thoughts are aligned with someone else, as well.

Can only transform before sunrise and sunset, will be stuck in a form if he is still in it by sunrise, and can't use most of his powers while in one of his three forms: We don't see him transform into one of the main 3 transformations, non-factor
Actually, we see Bats, but still lol

Is this from the novel or from Hellsing, cause as established, Alucard didn't exactly die from Anderson turning him into a porcupine and decaping him(Integra basically said it wasnt enough), and since Van Hellsing beat his ass so thoroughly, chances are a little more then staking was done, so let's talk about all the weaknesses Alucard hasn't shown!
Technically both but it was displayed in the manga. Alucard survived barely after his heart got damaged by a holy weapon. Integra said it won't work in a manner that conventional weaponry to decapitate or stake his heart won't work because the organization made him immune to it. The reason why I interpreted that way is that he could have used a soul to regen against Abraham Van Helsing but he didn't so yeah. Abraham Van Helsing didn't really kick his ass but was more of a team effort.

Also, you haven't addressed why he didn't regenerate when he had a multitude of souls to use after getting staked.

Can’t stand garlic: never saw that!
The Hellsing organization made him immune to it and Integra mentioned it to use against vampires with the wild geese.
if he gazes upon a holy symbol he will begin to have panic attacks: Sounds like a mental thing, who is the guy that wears a holy symbol in Hellsing 24/7 again?
Described by Van Helsing as needing to experience something before becoming better at it: well we don't see him do shit he hasn't done before so... non-factor?
Is this something actually stated by Abraham Van Helsing? if so, I want source and this correlates to the first point of the Hellsing organization experimenting on him. They augmented his regen so damages sustained by crosses or holy water wouldn't be much so that doesn't mean he has to be worried about it.
We did not see Alucard swapping forms in the sun so I don't know why you mentioned that.
Putting a rose on his coffin traps him inside. A sacred bullet fired into him will make him "True-Dead": These don't get used
Just because they don't get used doesn't mean that they are non-existent in the Hellsing franchise. There were no implications that it does not exist. Also, why go through that method when staking his heart and decapitation worked against Dracula in the novel and slain him(Obviously I'm referring to Alucard in the Victorian era's vulnerabilities that leave him susceptible to death)?
Drowning him will kill him: Never shown or implied, non-factor
Literally, he couldn't cross the water in the manga and used a ship to get to London.
Using his powers too often will exert him and his insatiable thirst will increase: Yeah. Alucard totally gets exerted by using his powers. Uhuh.
Didn't Alucard say he was 'hungry' to Walter and started to absorb the blood of London? If he drinks blood, his strength gets rejuvenated and he gets stronger overall.
Mountain ash is also described as protection from vampires: We don't see Mountain Ash.
Just because something isn't mentioned doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Also, why use that when there are better alternatives to retaliate against Dracula? And most likely the Hellsing organization made him immune to it.
Becomes far weaker during the daytime and loses the majority of his powers: We literally see him using mind control during day so...
Hypnosis is an ability that is a 'low' ability in comparison to his other hax as it is just mind manipulation and it's not like he is materializing himself, using telekinesis or hemokinesis, summoning familiars, etc.
When about half the Weaknesses aren't mentioned and the one that would be a mental one is never even implied, there's an issue. Especially since Anderson literally has 4 holy symbols on his person at all times
2 of the weaknesses u mentioned are implied in the manga and some you mentioned are not stated or suggested but that doesn't mean it's discredited because there are simply better alternatives.

Is this something actually stated by Abraham Van Helsing? if so, I want source and this correlates to the first point of the Hellsing organization experimenting on him. They augmented his regen so damages sustained by crosses or holy water wouldn't be much so that doesn't mean he has to be worried about it.
TBH I just don't care so I'm going for the only one I'm going to be covering

Bro, it wasn't holy weapons it was just seeing holy symbols that sent him into a panic attack, which is a mental weakness, Alucard has stared at Anderson before and that man has 3 visible holy symbols(A real Cross and two crosses on his gloves) on him and has 4 when he's moving Via Bible, so there's that.

now my memory on the Dracula novel is foggy as ****, so I went by the profile we have on him which actually goes into detail on several things, so I trust it well enough.

Brother, I'm all for pointing inconsistencies and such, but first of all: on whose authority are you saying the official translation is bad? Second: unless you know a native Japanese speaker who can translate these panels the "right way", the official Dark Horse publication is the best we've got and the best we're ever gonna get (and also backed up the Portugese version, funnily enough).
On the behalf of the reception of the manga's original translation, it received to which most people slandered.
And are you implying that these people who gave such remarks about the translations are not well-versed in Japanese(or know someone who is Japanese) and have no idea what they are talking about and just stated that some of the translations are mistranslated or the translator is poorly educated in Japanese dialects and culture are saying out of their whim? Sounds like it.
The closest you ever got to providing actual refutation of the soul count is, with the most charitable interpretation, a bit of early instalment weirdness regarding Alucard's regen (and at worst, outright misunderstanding).
But despite all of that, Hirano still continued with that "early instalment weirdness regarding Alucard's regen" because somewhere after Schrodinger was absorbed, you can see a stake inside Dracula's heart and he just laid there not regeneration despite having souls to use. And above all else, you could not even refute any of the feats displayed and you decide to downplay me saying that I have made 'no progress'.
We never said the novel isn't canon. It's canon in the same way any reimagining of any classic work is canon. There's multiple things that get differentiated, so we do not take it as a one-to-one.
Y'all talk as if the novel and manga are so drastically different in such a way that Physics in The Bram Stoker novel and in the Hellsing manga work differently when I used the novel to substantiate my points and scale Abraham Van Helsing(Hellsing) and the other 4 men with it. Only one deviation was there and that was important and necessary for the origin of the manga which was Dracula's fate.
Provided multiple times and with you insisting on a different translation, yes.
Guess what? I forgot the one interpretation and the reason behind the interpretation of the Major's words to be mentioned earlier. Also, why don't you explain why the major was referring to his souls as his source of powerful regen when my interpretation actually connected with the dots on how Alucard doesn't use souls to regen with feats substantiating it?
Not even close.
Sure, whatever you say
Well I did indeed read all your arguments. And I still believe they're largely invalid.
You find them invalid because I used the novel as a source and some dialogues that support the soul count( well not anymore now because of the other interpretation)
Not really, no.
Didn't you say I made no progress at all?
I believe for the most part we've given you ample time and presented a respectable enough attitude towards gathering your arguments. I also believe the most you can do to honor that treatment is to not suddenly get aggressive for no reason. Not everyone can be as active or as attentive as you, this is a hobby for ****'s sake. Gin has liked several comments here, so I know (and you should too) that he does read what is being written. It'd be pretty damn needy to want him to respond to every single message you post when he can simply back up something someone has already said. Not to mention it just wastes time if his thoughts are aligned with someone else, as well.
I got aggressive because of that one comment you made regarding that I made no progress at all when I provided so much more information to refute the soul count than anyone one of you can advocate for it. I even caught Gin skipping arguments of mine and I have to address them again for him because he didn't bother reading it. But other than that, fair enough.

On the behalf of the reception of the manga's original translation, it received to which most people slandered.
And are you implying that these people who gave such remarks about the translations are not well-versed in Japanese(or know someone who is Japanese) and have no idea what they are talking about and just stated that some of the translations are mistranslated or the translator is poorly educated in Japanese dialects and culture are saying out of their whim? Sounds like it.
I already left this thread because I got tired and busy with other CRTs.

But I want to talk about it.

I literally have another official translation of Hellsing, from another country, from another publisher and even the original 10 volume version and not this ultimate one. And this whole translation confirms the DarkHouse stuff being used here.

So unless you directly say what the other translation errors are, whatever you say about it doesn't matter. Since we are not going to just accept someone's words without any proof about it. Especially when we have two types of official translations here that support each other.

TBH I just don't care so I'm going for the only one I'm going to be covering

Bro, it wasn't holy weapons it was just seeing holy symbols that sent him into a panic attack, which is a mental weakness, Alucard has stared at Anderson before and that man has 3 visible holy symbols(A real Cross and two crosses on his gloves) on him and has 4 when he's moving Via Bible, so there's that.

now my memory on the Dracula novel is foggy as ****, so I went by the profile we have on him which actually goes into detail on several things, so I trust it well enough.
Bro, how the hell did you comprehend that in such a manner I was referring to holy weapons? I knew you were referring to crosses and holy water( Which is not a holy weapon but you could consider the latter). I tried looking for that weakness on the Wikipedia page of Dracula which has more of an in-depth explanation of his abilities and weakness along with citations and I couldn't find it so I'm not sure if I should believe this or not which for the record that Alucard has a damn fan theory for his weakness and there are some other dubious statements like Kratos being infinite in speed or defeating Cronos who created the concept of time which is not true as he regulated the flow of time so it's tough to use vs battles wiki scaling as the source.
I explained that he doesn't have to be worried about Holy Crosses or water because his regen got augmented via experimentation.
And you haven't addressed on why Dracula did not use a soul to regen after being staked.

Last edited:
I already left this thread because I got tired and busy with other CRTs.

But I want to talk about it.

I literally have another official translation of Hellsing, from another country, from another publisher and even the original 10 volume version and not this ultimate one. And this whole translation confirms the DarkHouse stuff being used here.

So unless you directly say what the other translation errors are, whatever you say about it doesn't matter. Since we are not going to just accept someone's words without any proof about it. Especially when we have two types of official translations here that support each other.
They probably translated their English version of the manga into Portuguese probably.
And I get you but now I remembered something regarding the lines of the major and I have a different interpretation that works in my favor and coincides and makes sense with the feats and the seemingly assumed 'inconsistencies' because of the belief in the soul count.

They probably translated their English version of the manga into Portuguese probably.
Yes, more assumptions that you have no way of proving. It doesn't matter what you think, if you can't prove that the two official translations are wrong, what you say about it doesn't matter.

And just so you know, my hellsing box came out two years before the Ultimate English version being used here. So if I were you I would stop assuming baseless things just to collaborate with your point.

Which original translation? Is it the same as the Dark Horse deluxe edition?
I'm implying if you have a problem with the official translation in two different languages, grab some raws and ask a Japanese person to go through it. That's it, that's the bottom line.
But despite all of that, Hirano still continued with that "early instalment weirdness regarding Alucard's regen" because somewhere after Schrodinger was absorbed, you can see a stake inside Dracula's heart and he just laid there not regeneration despite having souls to use.
I provided ample reasoning on Dracula's new philosophy after his utter crushing defeat by Abraham. Just because he didn't die doesn't mean he didn't lose, and that's the very CORE of Alucard's philosophy in the modern age: humans are stronger than monsters, and only humans can defeat a monster like himself.
And above all else, you could not even refute any of the feats displayed and you decide to downplay me saying that I have made 'no progress'.
And similarly, I feel like you have yet to disprove anything we've said. But that's neither here nor there.
Y'all talk as if the novel and manga are so drastically different in such a way that Physics in The Bram Stoker novel and in the Hellsing manga work differently when I used the novel to substantiate my points and scale Abraham Van Helsing(Hellsing) and the other 4 men with it. Only one deviation was there and that was important and necessary for the origin of the manga which was Dracula's fate.
We're talking as if the novel and manga continuities are not a one-to-one comparison, so you cannot take everything the novel says about Dracula and how his mechanics work and have it be completely applicable to Alucard or even Dracula in Hellsing. Where in the original novel is it mentioned that blood is power, that blood is life, to a conceptual level? Because that's a thing in Hellsing. Dracula's thralls aren't shadow-men grown out of the souls he's eaten, he doesn't have any ghouls aside from Renfield.

And while we're at it, Hellsing depicts a great deal of alchemical properties in its general world building. Even the phrase "The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my own wings to keep me tame" is ripped straight from Hermetic Alchemy. Bram Stoker invoked no such themes in his work, not once, and that alone should tell you that Kohto takes a great deal of liberty with the source material that CANNOT simply be ignored.
Guess what? I forgot the one interpretation and the reason behind the interpretation of the Major's words to be mentioned earlier. Also, why don't you explain why the major was referring to his souls as his source of powerful regen when my interpretation actually connected with the dots on how Alucard doesn't use souls to regen with feats substantiating it?
Brother, the whole POINT of the Major's speech is that Alucard has gorged himself on so many souls as to be immortal once more. The fortress allegory, the exclamation while he's chowing down London, the backing of Alucard himself telling Walter to suck it as he adds more and more lives to himself. THE FACT THAT HIM KILLING ALL THOSE LIVES IS INTEGRAL TO THE FINALE.

You can link as many fan translations as you want, but it's not going to change the fact that this is what is said.
You find them invalid because I used the novel as a source and some dialogues that support the soul count( well not anymore now because of the other interpretation)
No, I find them invalid because you uphold the novel as continuity gospel when it clearly isn't and keep referencing different translations, all in an effort to a prove a theory which requires far more logical hoop-jumping than just accepting that Alucard regens from the lives he eats.
Didn't you say I made no progress at all?
Yes, I did say that.
I got aggressive because of that one comment you made regarding that I made no progress at all when I provided so much more information to refute the soul count than anyone one of you can advocate for it.
Except, by the judgement of most in this thread, you have not.

I'm about done here, we're just going in circles now. Putting it to a vote, if anyone cares to.

Yes, more assumptions that you have no way of proving. It doesn't matter what you think, if you can't prove that the two official translations are wrong, what you say about it doesn't matter.

And just so you know, my hellsing box came out two years before the Ultimate English version being used here. So if I were you I would stop assuming baseless things just to collaborate with your point.
If the Portuguese translation has a different translator. Then I admit I am wrong

And it funny how you say I am assuming baseless things when all points I stated are actually being connected together and coinciding to something that is sensible lol

Bro, how the hell did you comprehend that in such a manner I was referring to holy weapons? I knew you were referring to crosses and holy water( Which is not a holy weapon but you could consider the latter). I tried looking for that weakness on the Wikipedia page of Dracula which has more of an in-depth explanation of his abilities and weakness along with citations and I couldn't find it so I'm not sure if I should believe this or not which for the record that Alucard has a damn fan theory for his weakness and there are some other dubious statements like Kratos being infinite in speed or defeating Cronos who created the concept of time which is not true as he regulated the flow of time.
I explained that he doesn't have to be worried about Holy crosses or water because his regen got augmented via experimentation.
And you haven't addressed on why Dracula did not use a soul to regen after being staked.
Recommendation: do not **** with the GoW peeps, they will eat you alive and Glass is a lot less forgiving when closing a thread then Crab here is, he could've closed it any time by this point

I love how you're still calling it a fan theory when your using a fan translation that you have literally 0 proof is better then the official translation, and refusing to give any proof of such, meaning your argument is on it's knees just to try to be on stable ground

Proof that Hellsing's experimentation effected Alucard's mind directly? Cause I do agree that Bram Stoker Drac doesn't exactly have References on this wiki cause it's a 2016 page and has barely been updated since then

Recommendation: do not **** with the GoW peeps, they will eat you alive and Glass is a lot less forgiving when closing a thread then Crab here is, he could've closed it any time by this point
I will never close a thread based only on my own imperative (and for that matter, I doubt Glass would either). I will always try to hear others out, and only close if/when most of the people have come to a conclusion they agree on/it's breaking rules to leave it open.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting tired of this though.

Which original translation? Is it the same as the Dark Horse deluxe edition?
Isn't the og dark horse translation the same as the deluxe?
I'm implying if you have a problem with the official translation in two different languages, grab some raws and ask a Japanese person to go through it. That's it, that's the bottom line.
I have no issues at all, but with other people saying something about it being poorly translated says something that's all.
I provided ample reasoning on Dracula's new philosophy after his utter crushing defeat by Abraham. Just because he didn't die doesn't mean he didn't lose, and that's the very CORE of Alucard's philosophy in the modern age: humans are stronger than monsters, and only humans can defeat a monster like himself.
Yeah, I agree he lost, what's your point there when It was a general consensus? And your explanation doesn't actually explain the reason why he doesn't use a soul to regenerate the damages as all you said is that the reasoning is because Alucard's current belief is that he wants to be slain by a human which has no correlation of an explanation. Was this your attempt at red herring like usual? I think so.
And similarly, I feel like you have yet to disprove anything we've said. But that's neither here nor there.
Sure, whatever you say. Some said that his soul count was an engineered ability and I refuted it as it is a contradiction to what Anderson said as he said it in a manner that it is an innate ability and not something added artificially. I refuted why Alucard used souls to regen because of a few instances and statements of him contradicting it and I suggested a different interpretation of dialogue that actually makes sense( which for the record you did not explain why it's wrong and all you did was just persistent on that soul count misinterpretation) and coincides with what's suggested and kills off the inconsistencies.
We're talking as if the novel and manga continuities are not a one-to-one comparison, so you cannot take everything the novel says about Dracula and how his mechanics work and have it be completely applicable to Alucard or even Dracula in Hellsing. Where in the original novel is it mentioned that blood is power, that blood is life, to a conceptual level? Because that's a thing in Hellsing. Dracula's thralls aren't shadow-men grown out of the souls he's eaten, he doesn't have any ghouls aside from Renfield.
The manga gave an in-depth explanation about the significance of blood and where it stands in the lore because blood plays an important role in the manga as it is the main reason why Alucard lost is that Schrodinger's essence mixed in the blood of London and was absorbed by Alucard. In the novel, Blood doesn't have much of a role and it's significant because it is a vampire's one and only sustenance and source of immortality. But that doesn't mean the novel should not be used to substantiate dialogues or feats in the manga because it's simply a difference in the significance of the role. And the only time he had ghouls released was in level 0 and not ever outside of that. Alucard had minions on his side by turning them into vampires which are referred to as his servants in the manga and them being the 3 brides and Renfield so you didn't disprove anything there.
And while we're at it, Hellsing depicts a great deal of alchemical properties in its general world building. Even the phrase "The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my own wings to keep me tame" is ripped straight from Hermetic Alchemy. Bram Stoker invoked no such themes in his work, not once, and that alone should tell you that Kohto takes a great deal of liberty with the source material that CANNOT simply be ignored.
Gee, I wonder why? Is it not ******* obvious why considering the fact that phrase has no place in the lore of the novel? You tell me, you insinuate as if the novel had the opportunity to incorporate that into its lore so you tell why.
Brother, the whole POINT of the Major's speech is that Alucard has gorged himself on so many souls as to be immortal once more. The fortress allegory, the exclamation while he's chowing down London, the backing of Alucard himself telling Walter to suck it as he adds more and more lives to himself. THE FACT THAT HIM KILLING ALL THOSE LIVES IS INTEGRAL TO THE FINALE.
That fortress allegory was just a metaphor for Alucard being the king of his kingdom and during level 0 he was alone, and all his souls are the soldiers of his army of his kingdom. My God, did you not read my argument where Abraham Van Helsing referred to Dracula's servants(who were not souls absorbed into him) as his 'castle' meaning that the metaphor is not exclusive to souls but to the minions that fight for him, that's all.
And ffs, the major saying he is rebuilding his 'castle' just relates to the fact that he is absorbing so many souls inside of him and he rebuilding his army once again. The novel even stated that Dracula's ( and vampires in general) strength gets rejuvenated and becomes stronger when consuming blood which makes sense on why the major says that Walter can't beat him anymore and all chances are negated after Alucard starts absorbing the blood of London because of the rise in his strength. Disprove this by explaining why it's false without red herring.
You can link as many fan translations as you want, but it's not going to change the fact that this is what is said.
You can misinterpret and dodge as much you like but it's not gonna change the fact that the interpretation I stated makes sense and connects with the feats displayed along with the points I mentioned to substantiate on why the soul count is false
No, I find them invalid because you uphold the novel as continuity gospel when it clearly isn't and keep referencing different translations, all in an effort to a prove a theory which requires far more logical hoop-jumping than just accepting that Alucard regens from the lives he eats.
By this logic, People are not allowed to use developer or creator statements(Cronos beating Uranus in a cosmic battle and winning) to scale characters like Kratos or use the game manual to read the lore and gain information from it like how the fandom found out that the underworld is infinite in size and Helios lit up to which Hermes is faster than his light scaling infinite speed.
You have so much issue with me using the novel even when Hirano stated the events and content of the novel took place in the manga and diverged when Abraham Van Helsing chose not to kill him and you keep insinuating how the events played out differently. Seems like you are like gaslighting on what's said you can remain firm in this fan theory.
Yes, I did say that.
then why did you say 'no' to when you said I made no progress at all?
Except, by the judgement of most in this thread, you have not.
Oh, I certainly did.
I'm about done here, we're just going in circles now. Putting it to a vote, if anyone cares to.
Sure, at this rate; I'm talking to a wall.

then why did you say 'no' to when you said I made no progress at all?
Perhaps you understood wrong, or perhaps I misquoted a post. Either way, my answer is still "you made no progress".
Oh, I certainly did.
You have failed to convince a single individual here. Is it a reliable metric of the accuracy of your argument? Perhaps not. But it is indeed what happened.
Sure, at this rate; I'm talking to a wall.
I assure you, the feeling is mutual. Which is why I'd rather get this done and move on.

i did debate with people regarding Kratos's scaling and a few feats in Discord, I would like to see how it goes.
I love how you're still calling it a fan theory when your using a fan translation that you have literally 0 proof is better then the official translation, and refusing to give any proof of such, meaning your argument is on it's knees just to try to be on stable ground
I did use the fan translation, I agree. But even the official translation works in my favor now after that Interpretation I gave off of the major. And I didn't say that fan translation was better but there were people that prefer other translations over official ones as I have sent the link of.
Proof that Hellsing's experimentation effected Alucard's mind directly? Cause I do agree that Bram Stoker Drac doesn't exactly have References on this wiki cause it's a 2016 page and has barely been updated since then
Would you elaborate on this? are you tryna say how the experimentation affected his worries about holy crosses and water? If yes, Experimentation had nothing to do with it. It's simply because of the fact that if he is not vulnerable to something, he doesn't have to be worried or high-strung about it which we would also display the same if we were immune to fire for example.

Also, you still did not address on why Dracula did not use a soul to regen after being staked. This is about the 3rd time I think so I am convinced you are dodging because you don't have a advocating response in favor of the soul count for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back