• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard(Hellsing) Immortality and Vulnerability

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, decapitation is something that is lethal to vampires. So Alucard's suffering after being decapitated is lethal and would require a soul to regenerate. Vampires go dormant after being decapitated.
No? Alucard was beheaded at level 0, and regenerates. The only thing that didn't happen was him getting stabbed in the heart, something the Alexander Monster was going to do and something Walter planned to do.

You say a holy weapon would permanently kill him if it pierced the heart, but decapitation, another lethal thing for vampires, does nothing for Alucard. He was decapitated twice, once at the beginning and once at level 0 and it was with a holy bayonet and did nothing to Alucard.

One interesting thing, Integra said to Alexandre "Did you decapitate him? Pierce his heart? He doesn't just die from that." but do you know what Alucard at level 0 said to Alexander?

Official translation:
"Now, so that both you and I can die and turn to ashes... it's only possible by piercing here. The heart.

What knowledge Alucard at level 0 which is when he releases all his souls, right after being decapitated by a holy weapon, speaks directly that the only way for him to die is to be pierced in the heart. He even demonstrated how necessary it was to rip out the heart.

And Walter confirms again how important it is to pierce Alucard's heart.

Official translation:
"Gotta hurry... ha... gotta rip your heart out!!! Your heart... Your heart!!"

Walter is known to try to do the same thing with an Alucard without any more souls, using an iron bar. Walter has known Alucard for 60 years. He's been working at Hellsing with him for 60 years, they fought together in the war and for 60 years Walter wants to defeat Alucard. If Alucard could only be killed by being pierced by a sacred item, Walter would not make such a mistake, especially since he knows Alucard better than anyone else.

We've seen that with or without souls he can regenerate from his decapitation, whether by holy weaponry or not. His heart was restored when he had souls, but the moment he was at level 0 or without souls, piercing Alucard's heart was repeatedly shown to be the only way to kill him, and it was never specified that something like weaponry was required. sacred, there is no proof of this.

Strange how Alucard could calmly regenerate his heart, and even Integra said that Alexander doing this would not do any good, but when level 0 arrived, now piercing Alucard's heart, kills him.

to substantiate that the soul-based regeneration is actually false and that he could not regenerate his damages and wounds even when he has thousands of souls to use and get back up when he fought Abraham Van Helsing( I want to know your answer for why Dracula against Van Helsing did not regenerate despite having a multitude of souls). The enhancements were made after he was defeated and taken into the Hellsing organization. Again, if you say the organization engineered him into using souls to regenerate, then it would refute what Anderson said it because he said it as if it was an innate vampire ability as mentioned earlier.
Weird, do you see Alucard walking around with unhealed wounds or constant bleeding from his chest? No?

Alucard literally regenerated. You said he only became immune to traditional vampire weaknesses after he joined Hellsing.

So how did he survive and regenerate the wooden stake we see so clearly thrust into his heart? If he's still not immune to vampire weaknesses and souls don't matter to Alucard's immortality, then how is he still alive after having a stake driven through his heart?

And yes, he could have regenerated, something he did considering he doesn't walk around with constant bleeding from his chest, or a scar. But he didn't because he lost all morals. He lost everything that day, his castle, his servants and was humiliated. In his flashback, you can even see how finished he was.

submissive in the sense?
In the sense that after he lost everything, was humiliated and had his morals broken, he submitted to the hellsing family and does everything they say without batting an eyelid.

After that day he believed so much that he was a pathetic being, a monster that must be eliminated by a human, that he cried after the fight against Alexander. Lamenting that he shouldn't have been a pathetic being like him, who chose to turn into a monster.

you do realize the sigils on his gloves will kick in and put heavy limiters on his powers if he goes AWOL right?
Gloves have never been shown to do that or serve that purpose. Alucard can release his restrictions whenever he wants, and even level zero, which integrates him who needs to give permission, Alucard is the one who releases him.

You have absolutely no proof or basis that the gloves would stop or stop Alucard from going rogue and killing everyone. Namely, Headcanon.

I'll tell you why. Some believe that Alucard's regeneration and the reasoning behind Integra's explanation that he cannot be killed like any other vampire thanks to the Hellsing organization and the several instances in which he should have died were all prevented by him using a soul to regenerate against the severe amount of damage. So when he doesn't have a soul during level 0 to regenerate, he should have died after getting decapitated by the monster of God Anderson and he would not have regenerated and left him dormant.
Why would decapitation be fatal for Alucard? He has been decapitated twice in history by a holy bayonet, once being with him at level 0 and has done nothing to Alucard.

He says at level 0 that the only way he could die was with his heart being pierced.

Ironic how Integra told Alexander that piercing Alucard's heart wouldn't do any good, and even Alexander fled, saying that with his weaponry, he couldn't defeat Alucard.

You say that Alucard would die permadeath if he were pierced through the heart by a holy weapon, but what proof do you have of that? The only time Alucard had souls and was almost pierced through the heart was in his first fight against Alexander. And that's when Integra told Alexander that piercing his heart wouldn't do any good, something Alexander agreed to, running away from the fight and saying that his weaponry couldn't kill Alucard.

The only moments that history hints at that Alucard was close to Death was when he was in Level 0 being nearly pierced through the heart by the Alexander Monster and when Walter destroyed his body and was prepared to strike Alucard through the heart.

If he did use a soul, wouldn't he also instantly regenerate completely and transform to the point as if all the damage was undone and now immediately has the capability to fight back Van Helsing?
I already answered that.

An error in Walter's knowledge that ramming a pipe into his heart wouldn't kill him. The organization made him immune to being staked by non-holy weapons.
Walter has known Alucard for 60 years. They fought together as Walter wanted to defeat Alucard for 60 years. He knows more about Alucard than anyone here. I will not repeat everything I said above.

Furthermore, it was never mentioned in history that Alucard was immune to anything. And yes that "he doesn't die just with that". Which is true, Alucard with souls has never been shown to have any kind of weakness in the sense of permanently dying to something. But as soon as he enters level 0 or runs out of souls, he claims he can be killed by piercing his chest, something Alexander and Walter try to do.

But he didn't do that, why didn't he? Why did he not take the thousands of chances to regenerate completely and fend off Van Helsing and win the fight?
Also, I mentioned sigils would kick in like a failsafe to restrain his powers. And if he does go AWOL, they can set restrictions to the highest level and then kill him by destroying his heart with a holy weapon. Like, have you ever noticed that Alucard's heart got pretty grazed by Anderson's bayonet in the first battle? and notice how he seems lifeless but when his heart gets destroyed by conventional weaponry like when he gets gunned down, he regenerates like on a near-instant?
The first part of this I already answered. And again, you have literally no proof that the gloves work like that, totally headcanon.

Alucard's healing time varies, against the Brazilian swat it took a while, even when he was first decapitated by Alexander.

But when he was at level 0, with all his souls, including himself being burned and still with a Jesus blood-upgraded bayonet almost piercing his heart, when Seras woke him up, he instantly regenerated completely. So for Alucard himself, holy power doesn't influence his regeneration much

As mentioned above, the sigils will prevent that. Alucard did indeed submit to the family in the sense that he will serve them but it's not like voluntarily did it out of a change of heart. So, the point stands that Bram Stoker's Dracula and Hirano's Alucard are the same people with the same traits that have changed over the years after being taken into the organization.
I already answered that.

I now use the OVA as source but does the original Darkhorse have the same translation as the deluxe Darkhorse translation in the exact same wording?
Also, didn't y'all believe that Alucard/Dracula has the innate natural ability to regenerate from souls? That's why I brought up Dracula from the Bram Stoker era.
I'm using my 10-volume box set (not the deluxe one) from JBC in my country.

It is accepted on this wiki that Alucard spends a soul to prevent his death.

You know character statements can be contradicted with what's shown and can be disregarded?
They are never contradicted. If there was a scene of Alucard dying instantly to a holy weapon without being at level 0, or he was pierced in the heart at level 0 or when he was without souls and he had regenerated, then yes, it would be a contradiction.

And he regenerated against Van Hellsing, he literally had a stake through his heart and he was alive. And he still had souls. If he dies at that point (and thus not having Hellsing), even with the souls, then it would be a contradiction with the souls thing, but that's not what happened.
You know you can interpret it in such a way that he tells Walter to keep 'killing' him because it ain't gonna work and show a link that it's because he has souls but with few instances like where Dracula had souls to use to regenerate but he didn't would refute that.
Alucard said this right after absorbing London's blood and souls and also after the Major's entire monologue talking about how Walter missed his chance to kill Alucard and wondering how many lives he has now. Then you have to prove this interpretation.

This is already quite long. Lots of text and it's being hard to follow. I'm almost lost in what I answer.

And that's more difficult because I have to translate the messages into my language, then reply in my language and then translate. Also, I have to be careful not to save the text in my language, if that happens there's no way I can change everything back to English, and I kind of have to start over from scratch (this happened).

I apologize but I probably won't continue the discussion, it's pretty tiring.

I welcome the OP to VSbattle (welcome to suffering).

Frostmourne is another one.

Damn thing would be voring ALL of his souls or just his own
We can also talk about multiple weapons from GOW and DMC (Blades of Exile, Blade of Olympus, Yamato, DSD, etc.), and also I think the Fate and Elder Scrolls verses have a few weapons Alucard never wants to meet. Still, they all crush him through sheer hax.

Composite Alucard GG
Yeah, imagine if at the end when Alucard returned after his disappearance, he returned covered in items from various fictions, like carrying Captain America's shield, Thor's hammer, all seven Dragon Balls, and the Master Sword, and wearing the Infinity Gauntlet on one hand and a Green Lantern ring and the One Ring on the other. And when asked where all of it came from he just says "I've been around..."

Okay, are you saying that the weapon needs to be more holy than the blessed bayonets or that it has to destroy his heart completely? You have now said both at different times, so please at least pick one. Both of these are entirely speculation, which is why I keep saying you need proof. Even you literally just said you have to imagine the result, precisely because nothing shows or hints at it.
SEVERE APOLOGIES FOR LATE REPLY(i had exams)
I insinuate that the chances of Alucard dying are higher if the weapons are far more holy than blessed bayonets but if either destroys Alucard's heart, it could kill him so I say both correlate.
Listen, when you say that imagine the results right? I am imagining it out of what's displayed like how can you be seemingly verge of death but cannot assume that you could have died? Hell, aren't ya'll even imagining the results based on character statements? It's the same thing except I'm just using feats and some of the dialogues that substantiates it.
You have a bit of an issue understanding what people mean, don't you? I've noticed you talked about your translation without ever presenting it, and you use leaps of speculation without even properly describing them. Almost as if you think your interpretation must be held by everyone without you explaining it. It does explain some of your issues. You also made the mistake of lashing out at everyone without figuring out where everyone stands, and made no attempt to speak to any of us first. You clearly don't know how things are done here, and that's fine. I actually tried to coach you through some of that. The problem is you're so hostile and cocky about it.
Maybe at times, I do misinterpret inadvertently but not always I assure.
I did try to drop it by asking if you wanted a source but to which some of you ignored and not once I dropped a statement where I expected everyone to get behind without me giving an explanation and I did try to be open-minded and look from other's POV but the reason why I'm so persistence is that it's something I have been in controversy with nearly 2.5 years now and I have explained all my stands, looked into different points and what's demonstrated and come to conclude that Alucard doesn't use souls to regenerate in those years. Maybe I sound hostile when I talk normally but I suggest you I'm not intending to be so just bear with it(I'm a complex person, not special tho lol) and assume I'm calm and in hindsight, probably I do sound like a self-righteous douche but it's probably from my persona of trying to debate not just generally and I made sure it's not very repulsive.
And if I toss something out there which seems unnecessary, it's probably because I feel like I have to need to address it because I have a knack to do it due to me feeling I'm one-uped over so this correlates to my ego maybe.
In answer to your question, no, I'm not talking about Schrodinger. I'm saying that there's no clarification on what a weapon would even need to satisfy the bill, and if we want to stretch to other verses and their weapons, there are powers and weapons that would easily kill Alucard in many verses, but it's because of terrifying hax, not holy power.
I would say that generally, only Holy weapons can kill Alucard but HAX like reality warping, some extremely powerful negating abilities would beat him. I would say a weapon like the Claws of Hades is the only one in the GOW verse that can beat Alucard(I'll address why as we go down the road)
And then he stopped it by releasing level 1. Obviously he could stop the bleeding by ramping up his power. That indicates Level 1 grants a layer of resistance to regeneration nullification actually. And again, the heightened regeneration doesn't automatically resist regeneration nullification. I don't know why you don't grasp that.
You made that on spot, didn't you? Nowhere it was suggested or anyone saying that Alucard's regen's potency increases down the restriction levels. In all restriction levels, Alucard has the same regen including using a soul if he can't regenerate from normal damages.
Everything gets slandered. They mostly talked about the accents. I might discuss the translation with Gin and Crabwhale later, but your behaviour thus far has made me extremely disinclined to involve you in that discussion.
aight, never intended to join. Not once.
Not if the nullification can also damage that higher level of regeneration. That's exactly why regeneration nullification is such a threat to characters who rely on their healing. Although Tubalcain only seemed to be slowing down Alucard's ability to heal. No proof it had any ability to kill him.
But how can this nullification negate the use of a soul to regen? Aren't souls spectral, how are magic cards that are just used to nullify regen like the Jackal affect him on a scale that hits on levels of a soul?
More accurately it resisted the mercury in the Jackal, but given that Level 1 Alucard can resist the regeneration nullification, it's not a large stretch for Anderson to have some similar ability, given their similar level.
regen potency does not increase down the restriction levels. headcanon
The manga takes priority over the novel, there are clear contradictions as outlined by Crabwhale, and we don't know if Alucard only gained that ability later due to further experiments. We also don't know what other methods or abilities might have been involved in Hellsing's version of the Dracula story, since the flashback is very short and limited.
And there were contradictions in dialogues and what was displayed. Richard Hellsing even stated that vampires' regeneration is not even the thing that makes them invincible.
Unless that healing is nullified. Regeneration nullification is very threatening to anyone who relies on their healing. Heightening that healing is not a guaranteed
protection.
I agree it negates it but I'm lost on why it negates someone to use a soul against it. That one aspect doesn't make sense.
Sure, let me dig through it again and meticulously type out quotes for the person who repeatedly claimed to have the original official translation only to ultimately reveal it was a scanlation, and who has been nothing but hostile to me this entire time. All to refute a speculation which has still not been demonstrated in any way.
Sure. I wasn't aware of the critics of scanlation so.

Look, against my better judgement I'll try to level with you, so if you're at all willing, let's try to calm down here. The reason is simple. Your entire theory requires actual evidence that the prescribed method (piercing/destroying the soul with any holy weapon/a particularly holy weapon; still unclear on what specifically the prescribed method even is) will work. You can call out the souls count method all you want. I didn't like the soul count thing either. You still need to justify how we can say that this character who can regenerate from a mass of gunk will die from heart destruction. Clarifying that holy weapons are an added issue for him doesn't satisfy this without further context, and neither does pointing out regeneration nullification which he is also able to resist. We still need proof that such a blow will kill him despite knowing he can regenerate his destroyed heart and body, and knowing holy weapons aren't his favourite thing but he can survive them.
Aight, I can get behind that but if I go off the handle unnecessarily, let me know ig.
Also, I forgot to mention this one feat that refutes the soul count theory.
So we all know that the soul count applies to all vampires. How is it that someone like the Cheddar priest who slaughtered many and drank their blood not being able to regenerate the damages using a soul after he was shot to the heart with the Casull and finished off by getting impaled by Alucard?
Even if the interpretation was that his regeneration was still the same after he released all his familiars, and therefore it had to be a unique quality of Anderson's that threatened him, we then have to figure out how to define that, because his soul army burning like that is not standard practice for all holy manipulation, and it also never reached his heart so without Walter's statements later we'd have no proof reaching his heart was significant. We'd also need to know how holy an item needs to be, given that it also implies layers of resistance. And this is all contradicted by Walter attempting to kill him with a length of metal ripped from some rubble.
I'd say that holy fire affects significantly to demonic creatures and the fire spreading was due to close proximity.
As for Walter, I'd say error in Walter's knowledge despite being with Alucard for decades but he never fought him or mediate the experimentations on him did he?
Also, that chapter between Richard and Integra is 19 not 20 my bad.

No? Alucard was beheaded at level 0, and regenerates. The only thing that didn't happen was him getting stabbed in the heart, something the Alexander Monster was going to do and something Walter planned to do.
Integra even said vampires can be killed by decapitation during the introduction to the wild geese and Richard also stated that there are ways to kill vampires other than being staked.
You say a holy weapon would permanently kill him if it pierced the heart, but decapitation, another lethal thing for vampires, does nothing for Alucard. He was decapitated twice, once at the beginning and once at level 0 and it was with a holy bayonet and did nothing to Alucard.
as I mentioned above^
One interesting thing, Integra said to Alexandre "Did you decapitate him? Pierce his heart? He doesn't just die from that." but do you know what Alucard at level 0 said to Alexander?
I'd say that Integra said that out of using conventional weaponry being futile but what I find ironic is that Anderson did hit his heart with a holy weapon and he seems 'dead'.
Official translation:
"Now, so that both you and I can die and turn to ashes... it's only possible by piercing here. The heart.

What knowledge Alucard at level 0 which is when he releases all his souls, right after being decapitated by a holy weapon, speaks directly that the only way for him to die is to be pierced in the heart. He even demonstrated how necessary it was to rip out the heart.
You can interpret it in a way that it is because Anderson has holy weapons and that's why. If you look at all my points refuting the soul count and assign it together(try it once at least) and read this one line of Vlad saying "Pierce my heart with your bayonet". It affirms that Holy weapons are indeed the only way to slay Alucard.
And Walter confirms again how important it is to pierce Alucard's heart.

Official translation:
"Gotta hurry... ha... gotta rip your heart out!!! Your heart... Your heart!!"

Walter is known to try to do the same thing with an Alucard without any more souls, using an iron bar. Walter has known Alucard for 60 years. He's been working at Hellsing with him for 60 years, they fought together in the war and for 60 years Walter wants to defeat Alucard. If Alucard could only be killed by being pierced by a sacred item, Walter would not make such a mistake, especially since he knows Alucard better than anyone else.
I'll just copy and paste what I mentioned earlier so hold on
I'd say error in Walter's knowledge despite being with Alucard for decades but he never fought him or mediate the experimentations on him did he?
And no, he doesn't know Alucard better than Integra, Richard, and Abraham.
We've seen that with or without souls he can regenerate from his decapitation, whether by holy weaponry or not. His heart was restored when he had souls, but the moment he was at level 0 or without souls, piercing Alucard's heart was repeatedly shown to be the only way to kill him, and it was never specified that something like weaponry was required. sacred, there is no proof of this.
Integra mentioned vampires can be killed by decapitation and in the novel, vampires are sent dormant if decapitated and are vulnerable in that state.
Strange how Alucard could calmly regenerate his heart, and even Integra said that Alexander doing this would not do any good, but when level 0 arrived, now piercing Alucard's heart, kills him.
You can interpret in a way that she is referring to use of conventional weaponry.
Weird, do you see Alucard walking around with unhealed wounds or constant bleeding from his chest? No?
Hirano stated that the organization modified his powers so that probably means they augmented his regeneration.
Alucard literally regenerated. You said he only became immune to traditional vampire weaknesses after he joined Hellsing.
I said he became immune to traditional vampire weakness to counter the interpretation of Integra implying that he uses souls after saying "He cannot be killed like a normal vampire"
So how did he survive and regenerate the wooden stake we see so clearly thrust into his heart? If he's still not immune to vampire weaknesses and souls don't matter to Alucard's immortality, then how is he still alive after having a stake driven through his heart?
He survived but he did not regenerate. If he did regenerate, wouldn't he have taken the chance to retaliate and win the fight against Abraham Van Helsing?
after getting staked, vampires either enter a state of dormancy and must remain in their coffin to heal the damages or if they don't they die, so to assure that he did die, in the novel, Harker slits Dracula's throat after Quincey Morris stakes him.
And yes, he could have regenerated, something he did considering he doesn't walk around with constant bleeding from his chest, or a scar. But he didn't because he lost all morals. He lost everything that day, his castle, his servants and was humiliated. In his flashback, you can even see how finished he was.
Again, the organization augmented his regeneration.
In the sense that after he lost everything, was humiliated and had his morals broken, he submitted to the hellsing family and does everything they say without batting an eyelid.
He didn't expect to live(ik you did not imply this) so after being taken into the organization, Van Helsing made him a pet as an asset to his organization.
After that day he believed so much that he was a pathetic being, a monster that must be eliminated by a human, that he cried after the fight against Alexander. Lamenting that he shouldn't have been a pathetic being like him, who chose to turn into a monster.
It was not after that day. It's more of a change of opinion and mindset after years of bondage to the organization.
Gloves have never been shown to do that or serve that purpose. Alucard can release his restrictions whenever he wants, and even level zero, which integrates him who needs to give permission, Alucard is the one who releases him.
The sigils on the gloves are his seals. Notice how when he releases a restriction, the sigils activate?
Also, there is a sigil on his coffin that activates when Level 0 is unleashed.
You have absolutely no proof or basis that the gloves would stop or stop Alucard from going rogue and killing everyone. Namely, Headcanon.
Did you not hear Alucard saying "Ability restrictions lifted for LIMITED use until the enemy has been rendered silent" against Luke Valentine?
Why would decapitation be fatal for Alucard? He has been decapitated twice in history by a holy bayonet, once being with him at level 0 and has done nothing to Alucard.
Cause vampires are generally vulnerable to decapitation.
He says at level 0 that the only way he could die was with his heart being pierced.
You could interpret in a way that Anderson has holy weapons if you connect the dots of the points I stated out.
Ironic how Integra told Alexander that piercing Alucard's heart wouldn't do any good, and even Alexander fled, saying that with his weaponry, he couldn't defeat Alucard.
yeah I addressed the Irony early in this comment above
You say that Alucard would die permadeath if he were pierced through the heart by a holy weapon, but what proof do you have of that? The only time Alucard had souls and was almost pierced through the heart was in his first fight against Alexander. And that's when Integra told Alexander that piercing his heart wouldn't do any good, something Alexander agreed to, running away from the fight and saying that his weaponry couldn't kill Alucard.
Alucard was seemingly on the verge of death when his heart was damaged by a bayonet(he had souls at the time and didn't have souls when his heart was hit for another time) but regenerates nigh-instantly when his heart gets damaged by conventional weaponry. You can clearly infer that he is susceptible to death when holy weapons damage his heart and dies if his heart is destroyed by it.
The only moments that history hints at that Alucard was close to Death was when he was in Level 0 being nearly pierced through the heart by the Alexander Monster and when Walter destroyed his body and was prepared to strike Alucard through the heart.
Anderson had holy weapons.
I already answered that.
If you did, I apologize if I was ignorant and missed it so would you explain one more time?
Walter has known Alucard for 60 years. They fought together as Walter wanted to defeat Alucard for 60 years. He knows more about Alucard than anyone here. I will not repeat everything I said above.
Same here, Walter didn't know better than the Hellsing family, he never fought Alucard or mediated the experiments.
Furthermore, it was never mentioned in history that Alucard was immune to anything. And yes that "he doesn't die just with that". Which is true, Alucard with souls has never been shown to have any kind of weakness in the sense of permanently dying to something. But as soon as he enters level 0 or runs out of souls, he claims he can be killed by piercing his chest, something Alexander and Walter try to do.
With several instances that suggest that Alucard doesn't use souls to regenerate and Integra saying such a thing, you can infer it him being immune to traditional vampire weaknesses.
Even when he had souls, he seems on the verge of death when his heart was damaged by the bayonet(only holy weapons) so regardless if he had souls or not; he stated his weakness to kill him and it's destroying his heart with a holy weapon.
The first part of this I already answered. And again, you have literally no proof that the gloves work like that, totally headcanon.
Bro, you actually need to look into other dialogues other than the ones that support the soul count. Did you disregard what Alucard said to enter level 1 against Luke Valentine?
Alucard's healing time varies, against the Brazilian swat it took a while, even when he was first decapitated by Alexander.
It's obvious, Anderson had holy weapons. Alucard even stated that it hampers his regeneration after being hit by it for the first time in the manga.
But when he was at level 0, with all his souls, including himself being burned and still with a Jesus blood-upgraded bayonet almost piercing his heart, when Seras woke him up, he instantly regenerated completely. So for Alucard himself, holy power doesn't influence his regeneration much
A testament that Alucard regenerated a severe fatal wound dished out by Anderson without using a soul to regenerate. This substantiates my point.
I already answered that.
Did you tho? If you did I wouldn't be pestering but if you don't wanna explain why again then don't.
It is accepted on this wiki that Alucard spends a soul to prevent his death.
And I'm here to refute that ;)
They are never contradicted. If there was a scene of Alucard dying instantly to a holy weapon without being at level 0, or he was pierced in the heart at level 0 or when he was without souls and he had regenerated, then yes, it would be a contradiction.
His heart was damaged as it was moderately grazed his heart by the bayonet(it did not destroy it or at least pierce it) and sent him on the verge of death seemingly. How can he be on the verge of death when he had a multitude of souls to use to regenerate instantly?
And he regenerated against Van Hellsing, he literally had a stake through his heart and he was alive. And he still had souls. If he dies at that point (and thus not having Hellsing), even with the souls, then it would be a contradiction with the souls thing, but that's not what happened.
he never regenerated. If he did, he would have used that to his advantage and win over the fight against him. Think about that. Vampires go dormant after getting staked and are vulnerable to death if they are not in their coffins to heal the damages.

Alucard said this right after absorbing London's blood and souls and also after the Major's entire monologue talking about how Walter missed his chance to kill Alucard and wondering how many lives he has now. Then you have to prove this interpretation.
I'll go with the OVA on what's said because the official translation has been slandered and stated that it has misinterpretation in the dialogues. And since y'all don't believe that fan translations also fall under the same mistake I won't use that. Also, how is it that some actually believe that fan translations make misinterpretations when they are relatively well-versed in Japanese like with official translators?

Edit: I believe it's because of the reverse-aging issue of the experimentation that Walter lost his chance to stand his won ground. The Major even stated that Anderson and Walter can't beat Alucard even in this state so the two chances referring to the opportunities that Alucard will die was the possible demise of Dracula if Van Helsing and the others decided to kill him and the 2nd one being the one chance for Alucard to absorb Schrodinger to erase him from existence.

Last edited:
I insinuate that the chances of Alucard dying are higher if the weapons are far more holy than blessed bayonets but if either destroys Alucard's heart, it could kill him so I say both correlate.
Listen, when you say that imagine the results right? I am imagining it out of what's displayed like how can you be seemingly verge of death but cannot assume that you could have died? Hell, aren't ya'll even imagining the results based on character statements? It's the same thing except I'm just using feats and some of the dialogues that substantiates it.
The problem is that the only time he almost died which we actually see, it's repeatedly stated that he's currently vulnerable due to having released his souls, and that vulnerability specifically ends when he absorbs lots of blood. The other time is the flashback, which was too short to give us the full picture, and actually featured an already damaged Alucard surviving a stake in the heart. We also don't know how strong Alucard was back then, or if Abraham and Co. were superhuman like Walter, or what other methods were used to beat him.
Maybe at times, I do misinterpret inadvertently but not always I assure.
I did try to drop it by asking if you wanted a source but to which some of you ignored and not once I dropped a statement where I expected everyone to get behind without me giving an explanation and I did try to be open-minded and look from other's POV but the reason why I'm so persistence is that it's something I have been in controversy with nearly 2.5 years now and I have explained all my stands, looked into different points and what's demonstrated and come to conclude that Alucard doesn't use souls to regenerate in those years. Maybe I sound hostile when I talk normally but I suggest you I'm not intending to be so just bear with it(I'm a complex person, not special tho lol) and assume I'm calm and in hindsight, probably I do sound like a self-righteous douche but it's probably from my persona of trying to debate not just generally and I made sure it's not very repulsive.
And if I toss something out there which seems unnecessary, it's probably because I feel like I have to need to address it because I have a knack to do it due to me feeling I'm one-uped over so this correlates to my ego maybe.
In fairness, when I let my physical training IRL slip I became more irritable. I'm back to it now, so it should be fine now. I'd recommend you find a calming method of your own.
I would say that generally, only Holy weapons can kill Alucard but HAX like reality warping, some extremely powerful negating abilities would beat him. I would say a weapon like the Claws of Hades is the only one in the GOW verse that can beat Alucard(I'll address why as we go down the road)
I named the Blade of Olympus due to some of its absorption hax. When I read its profile it definitely had something there that would do it.
You made that on spot, didn't you? Nowhere it was suggested or anyone saying that Alucard's regen's potency increases down the restriction levels. In all restriction levels, Alucard has the same regen including using a soul if he can't regenerate from normal damages.
There seems to be a misunderstanding here. Resistance to regeneration nullification is a seperate ability from regeneration. The fact that Alucard stopped bleeding when he released Level 1 tells us that his heightened level has resistance to regeneration negation. Nothing about his level of healing.
But how can this nullification negate the use of a soul to regen? Aren't souls spectral, how are magic cards that are just used to nullify regen like the Jackal affect him on a scale that hits on levels of a soul?
Even if Alucard uses a soul to fuel it, the regeneration is still regeneration. It is still subject to being nullified.

Also, I forgot to mention this one feat that refutes the soul count theory.
So we all know that the soul count applies to all vampires. How is it that someone like the Cheddar priest who slaughtered many and drank their blood not being able to regenerate the damages using a soul after he was shot to the heart with the Casull and finished off by getting impaled by Alucard?
The soul count is never shown to apply to other vampires, and in fact I always supported treating it as unique to Alucard's blood line. Still, technically the soul count is just the result of Alucard absorbing all his ghouls and containing them, whereas the priest had them walking around. In fact a lot of Alucard's souls were clearly more than ghouls. So in short, the priest didn't absorb anyone, and probably didn't have the ability to do so.
I'd say that holy fire affects significantly to demonic creatures and the fire spreading was due to close proximity.
As for Walter, I'd say error in Walter's knowledge despite being with Alucard for decades but he never fought him or mediate the experimentations on him did he?
Walter and the Major are fairly knowledgeable on Alucard, and Alucard himself did state that he needed to kill him thousands more times. Still, even if that vulnerability was removed, it would actually just mean the same regeneration but without that limit. An extra step would need to be taken to prove staking the heart with something blessed is a killing blow at all times.

and that vulnerability specifically ends when he absorbs lots of blood.
Not really, that depends on the nature of the souls existence. I.E he can absorb as many souls as he can, possibly infinite. The main difference is that Schrodinger is a completely different being who's existence is entirely dependant on his own thoughts of his existence.

Also anyone saying only the Claws of Hades are the best weapons against Alucard is tripping.

1: Magic in God Of War is 4-D in general, meanwhile Hellsing Alucard is limited to 3-D hax.

2: God of War hax beats out Hellsing in terms of layered haxes.

3: Weapons like the blade of olympus have layered Type 1 conceptual destruction.

Your comparing two entirely different fictions together, meanwhile comparing Hellsing to Stroker's Dracula. Castlevenia is also based and canon to Stroker's novel's but the difference is how Dracula / Alucard are treated.

Not really, that depends on the nature of the souls existence. I.E he can absorb as many souls as he can, possibly infinite. The main difference is that Schrodinger is a completely different being who's existence is entirely dependant on his own thoughts of his existence.
I'm talking about the way Alucard stops being vulnerable when he absorbs all the blood. Schrodinger isn't part of Alucard's abilities at that point.

Also anyone saying only the Claws of Hades are the best weapons against Alucard is tripping.

1: Magic in God Of War is 4-D in general, meanwhile Hellsing Alucard is limited to 3-D hax.

3: Weapons like the blade of olympus have layered Type 1 conceptual destruction.

Your comparing two entirely different fictions together, meanwhile comparing Hellsing to Stroker's Dracula. Castlevenia is also based and canon to Stroker's novel's but the difference is how Dracula / Alucard are treated.
Wait I'm confused, when did we get from the canonicity of the Stoker novel to ******* GoW?

Wait I'm confused, when did we get from the canonicity of the Stoker novel to ******* GoW?
There's none, I'm just talking about Random and the OP mentioning different holy weapons from different verses like God Of War, hence the OP's proposed weakness of certain holy weapons.

In verse, it's not a weakness. Keyword being "in-verse.", obviously different holy based weapons from different verses can definitely **** up Alucard without difficulty but those are different weapons from different verses.

Asicd from that we can both agree that Stroker's novel isn't 100% canon to Hellsing ergo applying weakness from Stroker's Alucard, so applying weakness to Stroker's novel to Alucard's doesn't make sense in my opinion. There's a clear enough difference between the two for them to deviate from one another.

I'm talking about the way Alucard stops being vulnerable when he absorbs all the blood. Schrodinger isn't part of Alucard's abilities at that point.
I still disagree with that, even base Alucard is immune to the standard weakness of normal vampires because of the experiments done to him by the Hellsing organization which isn't canon to Stroker's novel.

Even base Alucard immune to the effects of sunlight which acts as nothing but a mere annoyance to Alucard. It isn't fatal, he's resistant but he's not the biggest fan of it.

I still disagree with that, even base Alucard is immune to the standard weakness of normal vampires because of the experiments done to him by the Hellsing organization which isn't canon to Stroker's novel.

Even base Alucard immune to the effects of sunlight which acts as nothing but a mere annoyance to Alucard. It isn't fatal, he's resistant but he's not the biggest fan of it.
I mean vulnerable to being killed. Not to those weaknesses.

Definitely agreed but you did also bring up some invalid comparisons to higher D weapons, if it isn't higher D then it wouldn't count as a "Holy weakness." for Alucard.
That was exactly my point. We have no proof that a sufficiently (no definition of just how holy it'd have to be or even how we'd define that) holy weapon would be able to ignore Alucard's regeneration and survivability, and even if such a holy weapon existed in another verse, that would be hax, not a weakness to holy powers.

The problem is that the only time he almost died which we actually see, it's repeatedly stated that he's currently vulnerable due to having released his souls, and that vulnerability specifically ends when he absorbs lots of blood. The other time is the flashback, which was too short to give us the full picture, and actually featured an already damaged Alucard surviving a stake in the heart. We also don't know how strong Alucard was back then, or if Abraham and Co. were superhuman like Walter, or what other methods were used to beat him.
Alucard survived but he would have died if he was not left in his coffin to heal his wounds. Vampires are dependent on their coffin. We can scale Alucard in and Van Helsing and his party using Bram Stoker's Dracula and Hirano confirmed it being a prequel and the manga did not show any other retcon like Dracula not dying.
In fairness, when I let my physical training IRL slip I became more irritable. I'm back to it now, so it should be fine now. I'd recommend you find a calming method of your own.
be honest, out of 10; how aggressive can I be?
I named the Blade of Olympus due to some of its absorption hax. When I read its profile it definitely had something there that would do it.
The blade of Olympus only works if the wielder has godly powers so it doesn't really have absorption hax. I don't think it would do much damage against Alucard because it is of pagan origin and not of biblical divinity. But I am not denying the credibility of the power of the blade of Olympus.
There seems to be a misunderstanding here. Resistance to regeneration nullification is a seperate ability from regeneration. The fact that Alucard stopped bleeding when he released Level 1 tells us that his heightened level has resistance to regeneration negation. Nothing about his level of healing.
Alucard doesn't have increased resistance to regen negation down the levels. Those panels you see where the cards just pass through Alucard was an ability of his where he morphs into a black mass of shadow( Aka Dark composition) that lets him be immune to any form of conventional weaponry like when he transforms into swarms of shadows.
Even if Alucard uses a soul to fuel it, the regeneration is still regeneration. It is still subject to being nullified.
Then that contradicts what's shown when Monster of God Anderson regenerated immediately after being shot with the Jackal that is capable of negating his healing factor.
The soul count is never shown to apply to other vampires, and in fact I always supported treating it as unique to Alucard's blood line. Still, technically the soul count is just the result of Alucard absorbing all his ghouls and containing them, whereas the priest had them walking around. In fact a lot of Alucard's souls were clearly more than ghouls. So in short, the priest didn't absorb anyone, and probably didn't have the ability to do so.
So you are insinuating that he is engineered by the Hellsing organization to use souls to regenerate when he dies? This contradicts what Anderson and The major suggested that he uses souls to regenerate because they said it in a manner as if it was his innate ability. Also, how would Anderson and The major know that the organization engineered him to use souls to regenerate fatal wounds?
Walter and the Major are fairly knowledgeable on Alucard, and Alucard himself did state that he needed to kill him thousands more times. Still, even if that vulnerability was removed, it would actually just mean the same regeneration but without that limit. An extra step would need to be taken to prove staking the heart with something blessed is a killing blow at all times.
At this rate, I don't rely on character statements and rely on what's displayed and what dialogues substantiate it. Like, now we both know that we can't trust either translation because both have been slandered, you could interpret what Alucard says that as if to try more and more and it still wouldn't work. Alucard even stated that if Anderson couldn't beat him, then how can Walter can?

God of War has several inconsistencies in scaling so let's discuss this in another time IG.
I compare Hellsing to the Dracula novel because the author has used it as a canon precursor to the manga.
I heard that Castlevania is canon to the novel only based on Quincy Morris but I don't know much about Castlevania so I can't say much.

Alucard survived but he would have died if he was not left in his coffin to heal his wounds. Vampires are dependent on their coffin. We can scale Alucard in and Van Helsing and his party using Bram Stoker's Dracula and Hirano confirmed it being a prequel and the manga did not show any other retcon like Dracula not dying.
Crabwhale named other inconsistencies. Vampires aren't averse to sunlight in the novel for example.
be honest, out of 10; how aggressive can I be?
I don't know, maybe five. Keeping in mind the most aggressive person I know very well is a violent meth addict who carries knives and assaults police officers.
Alucard doesn't have increased resistance to regen negation down the levels. Those panels you see where the cards just pass through Alucard was an ability of his where he morphs into a black mass of shadow( Aka Dark composition) that lets him be immune to any form of conventional weaponry like when he transforms into swarms of shadows.
He stopped bleeding after he released Level 1. He couldn't stop bleeding before then.
Then that contradicts what's shown when Monster of God Anderson regenerated immediately after being shot with the Jackal that is capable of negating his healing factor.
No it doesn't. The Jackal is designed to work against Anderson by poisoning him with the mercury it contains.
So you are insinuating that he is engineered by the Hellsing organization to use souls to regenerate when he dies? This contradicts what Anderson and The major suggested that he uses souls to regenerate because they said it in a manner as if it was his innate ability. Also, how would Anderson and The major know that the organization engineered him to use souls to regenerate fatal wounds?
The Major makes no mention of where the power comes from, just that Alucard has it. And again, the battle Alucard lost against Abraham is vague.
At this rate, I don't rely on character statements and rely on what's displayed and what dialogues substantiate it. Like, now we both know that we can't trust either translation because both have been slandered, you could interpret what Alucard says that as if to try more and more and it still wouldn't work. Alucard even stated that if Anderson couldn't beat him, then how can Walter can?
Just because someone claims it's inaccurate, while lots of people complain about the accents, doesn't prove it's inaccurate. Especially when a seperate Portuguese translation corroborates it.

If we put this simply, your entire argument here is based on using the novel and disregarding things in Hellsing which conflict with the novel. Given that Hellsing takes priority over the novel here due to this being Hellsing, the opposite would generally be applied.

That's just your avarage american
I should clarify, this person also served time in prison for attacking someone, and has a mental condition which resembles malignant narcissism and sociopathy.

You may have noticed that I said they were the most aggressive person I know very well. Hard to say who the most aggressive person I've dealt with is. Might be the guy who talked about how much he loved a certain guy with a moustache and liked to kill a certain people of Israel, and threatened to stab me to death. He certainly stuck out. Although the crazy bastard who punched dents into concrete walls when he threw his frequent tantrums for no reason is a contender as well.

I should clarify, this person also served time in prison for attacking someone, and has a mental condition which resembles malignant narcissism and sociopathy.

You may have noticed that I said they were the most aggressive person I know very well. Hard to say who the most aggressive person I've dealt with is. Might be the guy who talked about how much he loved a certain guy with a moustache and liked to kill a certain people of Israel, and threatened to stab me to death. He certainly stuck out. Although the crazy bastard who punched dents into concrete walls when he threw his frequent tantrums for no reason is a contender as well.
Bro, da hell is your job

Crabwhale named other inconsistencies. Vampires aren't averse to sunlight in the novel for example.
Count Dracula was not fatal to the effects of the sun in the novel. Only most of his abilities cease. (Most likely the Hellsing organization experimented to maintain most of his power at least during dawn).
There aren't really inconsistencies and if he did address it, I most likely counter-addressed it as well.
The manga is consistent in that Dracula cannot cross water like in the novel.
I don't know, maybe five. Keeping in mind the most aggressive person I know very well is a violent meth addict who carries knives and assaults police officers.
wow
He stopped bleeding after he released Level 1. He couldn't stop bleeding before then.
Where did he get hit with a card in level 1?
No it doesn't. The Jackal is designed to work against Anderson by poisoning him with the mercury it contains.
I would like to have a source on that. The Jackal was used to topple and negate Anderson's regeneration, unlike the Casull.
The Major makes no mention of where the power comes from, just that Alucard has it. And again, the battle Alucard lost against Abraham is vague.
yeah, he talks as if it is an innate ability of his not as if it is something engineered onto him as you insinuated earlier.
The battle wasn't vague honestly. Abraham staked Dracula and he closed his eyes after sustaining the hit. Hinting that Dracula did not regenerate but only survived because Abraham Van Helsing chose not to kill him. The novel does say that if Dracula sustains a lot of damage or fatal damage that leaves him on the verge of death would leave him dormant and vulnerable and he requires Transylvanian soil and his coffin to regain his strength.
Just because someone claims it's inaccurate, while lots of people complain about the accents, doesn't prove it's inaccurate. Especially when a seperate Portuguese translation corroborates it.
Mate, there are people who say that some of the lines are mistranslated and the translator has barely knowledge of different dialects in Japanese and their culture so he is not able to bring 100%(Or relative to that amount) of the accuracy in translation.
If we put this simply, your entire argument here is based on using the novel and disregarding things in Hellsing which conflict with the novel. Given that Hellsing takes priority over the novel here due to this being Hellsing, the opposite would generally be applied.
I have several instances in the manga that actually substantiates my point like how Cheddar priest didn't regenerate despite drinking the blood of many victims, Dracula not regenerating after he got staked by Abraham Van Helsing and retaliate back, Alucard seemingly on the verge of death when his heart gets damaged by a bayonet but does not display the same thing when his heart is sustained damages from conventional weaponry, Arthur Hellsing saying that vampires regeneration is not something that makes them invincible despite being the reason why they seem unstoppable because of the use of souls to regen, Dandy man's card negating Alucard's regeneration when he could use a soul to bypass it similarily how the nail's power overwhelms the negating abilities of the Jackal by a wide margin, Alucard regenerating his head after getting decapitated(which is lethal to vampires) and regenerated without the use of souls, Abraham Van Helsing referring to Alucard's servants his 'castle', like how the major called his familiars his 'castle' so that hints that his familiars/servants are just entities that fight for his behalf and not provide a source for his regenerative abilities.

Last edited:

taze him

I just know some trouble people. Some I sympathise with, some I see as just dangerous. And no Reaper, I'm not a sex worker, as funny as that idea sounds.
Not in that way-

Like, **** lol

Either way this is definitely derailing an already somewhat incoherent thread

Actually, the crazy bastard once got arrested by six police officers. They pepper sprayed him and repeatedly tazed him while he continued rampaging. Eventually they cuffed him to something and he kept raging. They were sure he must have been high and were confused when his drug tests came back negative. I know that he wasn't high; he has a severe mental condition which seems like an extreme form of paranoid schizophrenia combined with split personality. Tazing Mr moustache lover might have worked. Although he did have knives on him, so... Plus he was a gang member.

Count Dracula was not fatal to the effects of the sun in the novel. Only most of his abilities cease. (Most likely the Hellsing organization experimented to maintain most of his power at least during dawn).
There aren't really inconsistencies and if he did address it, I most likely counter-addressed it as well.
The manga is consistent in that Dracula cannot cross water like in the novel.
Why is it that his weakness to sunlight being gone is okay, but not his weakness to being staked?
Where did he get hit with a card in level 1?
He said he couldn't stop bleeding, then he activated Level 1 and was okay.
I would like to have a source on that. The Jackal was used to topple and negate Anderson's regeneration, unlike the Casull.
We get told what the gun and bullets contain. Everything else in them is standard and the same as the Casull. Only difference is the mercury.
yeah, he talks as if it is an innate ability of his not as if it is something engineered onto him as you insinuated earlier.
He doesn't say anything about where it comes from.
The battle wasn't vague honestly. Abraham staked Dracula and he closed his eyes after sustaining the hit. Hinting that Dracula did not regenerate but only survived because Abraham Van Helsing chose not to kill him. The novel does say that if Dracula sustains a lot of damage or fatal damage that leaves him on the verge of death would leave him dormant and vulnerable and he requires Transylvanian soil and his coffin to regain his strength.
You still use the novel over what is shown in Hellsing.
Mate, there are people who say that some of the lines are mistranslated and the author has barely knowledge of different dialects in Japanese and their culture so he is not able to bring 100%(Or relative to that amount) of the accuracy in translation.
Okay, but we don't know if it's true and we also can't compare it.
I have several instances in the manga that actually substantiates my point like how Cheddar priest didn't regenerate despite drinking the blood of many victims
His ghouls were outside of him.
, Dracula not regenerating after he got staked by Abraham Van Helsing and retaliate back
We don't know what else happened before then. And we don't know how strong Abraham and his friends were. We don't even know if Alucard had yet gained the power he now possesses.
, Alucard seemingly on the verge of death when his heart gets damaged by a bayonet but does not display the same thing when his heart is sustained damages from conventional weaponry,
All we know is he took his time coming back. Nothing truly tells us he was on the verge of death. When asked why he took so long he says it's been a while since he's been decapitated.
Arthur Hellsing saying that vampires regeneration is not something that makes them invincible despite being the reason why they seem unstoppable because of the use of souls to regen
I can check that conversation, but most vampires aren't unstoppable and even Alucard isn't truly invincible.
Dandy man's card negating Alucard's regeneration when he could use a soul to bypass it
Not if his soul-based regeneration is also negated. Negation isn't necessarily stopped just because your healing improves.
similarily how the nail's power overwhelms the negating abilities of the Jackal by a wide margin
Jackal bullets are full of mercury. Mercury destroys cells.
, Alucard regenerating his head after getting decapitated(which is lethal to vampires) and regenerated without the use of souls
Guess that means that even without souls he only dies if his heart is destroyed.
Abraham Van Helsing referring to Alucard's servants his 'castle', like how the major called his familiars his 'castle' so that hints that his familiars/servants are just entities that fight for his behalf and not provide a source for his regenerative abilities.
A castle or fortress is basically a wall of protection. If anything calling them his castle while calling him a walking fortress further supports that idea.

Actually, the crazy bastard once got arrested by six police officers. They pepper sprayed him and repeatedly tazed him while he continued rampaging. Eventually they cuffed him to something and he kept raging. They were sure he must have been high and were confused when his drug tests came back negative. I know that he wasn't high; he has a severe mental condition which seems like an extreme form of paranoid schizophrenia combined with split personality. Tazing Mr moustache lover might have worked. Although he did have knives on him, so... Plus he was a gang member.
If he did go out on you, u know h2h combat right?

This has gone wayyyyyy out of wack. Can we just conclude this already? Anybody wanna vote? Y'know, democracy.

I'm not even too sure what y'all are even arguing about anymore, but i gonna have to agree with the OP just because Crab disagrees with him

Why is it that his weakness to sunlight being gone is okay, but not his weakness to being staked?
His weakness to sunlight was never gone, and his powers are weakened in the novel and in the manga. After Dracula was taken into the organization he was experimented to be immune to it.
He said he couldn't stop bleeding, then he activated Level 1 and was okay.
In level 1, you can see the cards passing through his shadows and being ineffective against him due to his dark composition.
We get told what the gun and bullets contain. Everything else in them is standard and the same as the Casull. Only difference is the mercury.
Actually, the Casull did have contradictions in the gun specs. Alucard stated it to have explosive rounds when in reality it only displayed the characteristics of armor-piercing FMJ rounds. When the bullet hit Seras's lung, the bullet didn't explode and damages her chest cavity severely, and passed through the cheddar priest. Alucard shot Anderson in the head with the Casull point blank in the head and you can see a hole in his head and not his brains splattered.
He doesn't say anything about where it comes from.
Exactly, he talks as if it is his innate vampire ability and not something the organization modified with.
You still use the novel over what is shown in Hellsing.
What's the issue? Hirano made it a canon precursor to the manga and made a necessary deviation in the ending to kickstart the manga. Since it's made canon to the manga and the events of the novel were stated to have taken place in the manga, I am allowed to use feats in it to substantiate my points.
With this issue, are you not allowed to use the DMC novel to scale Dante from the games despite being canon?
Okay, but we don't know if it's true and we also can't compare it.
Find someone who can speak Japanese and confirm IG.
His ghouls were outside of him.
Vampires have the ability to make ghouls and vampires without absorbing their souls like how Alucard turned Seras into a vampire without absorbing her soul.
We don't know what else happened before then. And we don't know how strong Abraham and his friends were. We don't even know if Alucard had yet gained the power he now possesses.
He closed his eyes and went dormant most likely after being staked. What do you think happens next if Abraham Van Helsing chose to spare him? Just gonna stand there and look on? he did what he did in the manga and took him in and used him as a pet to his organization. That's the obvious thing.
All we know is he took his time coming back. Nothing truly tells us he was on the verge of death. When asked why he took so long he says it's been a while since he's been decapitated.
Why did he take that long to come back when his fledgling is limping and is an inexperienced vampire? And no he didn't say it took him that long because he was decapitated. He stated that out of his own accord without anyone asking him. Also, that implies his regeneration gets rusty if he does not sustain a particular type of damage for a while, he won't regenerate effectively to that particular type of damage sustained.
I can check that conversation, but most vampires aren't unstoppable and even Alucard isn't truly invincible.
From my pov, he kind of is with exception of holy weapons being his susceptibility to death.
Not if his soul-based regeneration is also negated. Negation isn't necessarily stopped just because your healing improves.
How can a magic card negate the action of sacrificing a soul to regen the damage?
Jackal bullets are full of mercury. Mercury destroys cells.
Brother, Anderson(or Integra) said his regen because of technology that surpasses all nanotechnology, so his regeneration won't work like that of an augmented normal human cell. His regen is built differently.
Guess that means that even without souls he only dies if his heart is destroyed.
that contradicts the soul count theory because it suggests that ANY lethal damages sustained by Alucard would force him to use a soul to regen.
A castle or fortress is basically a wall of protection. If anything calling them his castle while calling him a walking fortress further supports that idea.
It's a metaphor for a king and his army. Those servants are not 'walls' but soldiers of his army fighting on his behalf. After level 0, The Major said he was 'alone' in his CASTLE. only him alone inside. this implies that the castle is a metaphor for him being the kingdom and the souls are a metaphor for the army.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back