• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iapitus The Impaler said:
NothingToDebateWith said:
'Can never miss'

Yeah, Altair pretty much escaped from these 'never' cases, such as being resistant against the 'power that would warp 3000 worlds', getting out of an infinite-sized locked space, even resisting again resistance negation etc.
Cool, but unless she has a specific counter on her profile to answer it, then it means nothing
Vicissitudes of Fortune reversed the causality itself when she was about to get impaled against Aliceteria's Conceptual Attack. putting Altair's acausality to a side.

Plus, what could prevent her from revising Gáe Bolg into a bunch of flower petals or revise her luck to, you know, high enough to make it miss her?

I vote for altair btw.

Like throwing a spear for rin winning??

Hell no, even somebody like Goku can dodge something like that. Altair incaps her easily before the spear hits

Ipatius is saying how rin will kill altair by throwing a spear, even though altair easily incaps her or removes the spear before it can hit her.

Dodging a spear isn't too hard

Have you actually read what Gae Bolg does?

Have you read about her immortality, which is connected to the Moon Cell, something far above what Altair can deal with.

NothingToDebateWith said:
Vicissitudes of Fortune reversed the causality itself when she was about to get impaled against Aliceteria's Conceptual Attack. putting Altair's acausality to a side.

Plus, what could prevent her from revising Gáe Bolg into a bunch of flower petals or revise her luck to, you know, high enough to make it miss her?
For the 95th time on this thread: reversing the causality of the spear won't work, since the effect is the stab, and the cause is impalement. All that will be reflected is who thrusts the spear into Altair's heart, nothing else.

She could do that to the first spear, or the second spear, or the third spear, but for every spear she negates will be another 19 ready to be impaled into her. Oh, also, she would need to be able to revise her luck as well as write herself into the servant system, because just boosting her luck wont be enough unless she can do it in a way that will equalize to servant stats

Why are you even arguing if the spear hits or not. Big deal if it hits let it. As if altair cares. She can easly continue on with a huge hole in her chest. And if im not missing something the spear only hits the heart so once that is destroyed Gae bolg becomes usless against her.

IF she had a human body or something close to it. Then yes. But her body is just a projection its a Hologram its not a real body. Frankly im pretty sure she doesn't even have a heart for Gae bolg to strike.

Now that i think about it we never see her bleed or be hurt in any human way. And even when she is being erased and we get to see a bit inside of her we never see any kind of orgns or anything. From all that is shown in the show she is just a projection with the image of Altair. To me it seems there isnt anything for Gae bolg to hit.

Kiril Vasilev said:
IF she had a human body or something close to it. Then yes. But her body is just a projection its a Hologram its not a real body. Frankly im pretty sure she doesn't even have a heart for Gae bolg to strike.
Now that i think about it we never see her bleed or be hurt in any human way. And even when she is being erased and we get to see a bit inside of her we never see any kind of orgns or anything. From all that is shown in the show she is just a projection with the image of Altair. To me it seems there isnt anything for Gae bolg to hit.
Yes, I'm aware, which is why you need concept manip to harm her, as Rin does. That's a pretty big assumption, as her projection is in the image of those that made her, and she is clearly meant to be human, or at least humanoid

Her projection is why you need to attack with a concept or be able to effect concepts to be able to harm her, but Rin has those requirements. Also, unless you have proof that she completely lacks organs, we move forward under the premise she does, as she was made in the image of a human

Sharkafterdark said:
Sixtyy sixth move of the holopsicon is used to incapacitate the target and absorb them.
Been addressed. Even if she absorbs a single avatar, she cannot reach the real Rin, so they just keep coming, and she can't replicate the abilities of the moon cell as they are far above her pay grade

I just looked at " The Sixty-Sixth Movement of the Cosmos: Existence Change:" a bit closer And the attack specifically states that the target is absorbed on a coneptual level. Which makes perfect sense becouse if Sirus just absorbed Altair's avatar she would just make another projection and continue on.So if im understanding this ability correctly it shoudlnt just absorb a single avatar but the whole concept of Rin. Which would mean Altair wins as soon as she uses it. Becouse the concept of Rin wouldnt exist it would become Altair.

The Rin is being stored and protected by the moon cell. It wouldn't let you interfere with its processes, so unless you have the ability to somehow work in a way that it doesn't matter, you would need to be able to hack or overwhelm its defenses which work on a significantly above baseline scale. It being a conceptual attack should not change this, due to authority users making use of concept hax is incredibly common

What exactly is above baseline scale define, please. Has the mooncell ever actually defended someone from a Conceptual attack? I'm asking specifically about defending someone else and not itself. Because I looked through Rins page. And while she has infinite generation of avatars thanks to mooncell listed. She has no form of Concept manip resist or negation listed.

I also cannot find any concrete information of exactly how powerful the mooncell is and what abilities it has. The closest I can find is BB's profile which states that she absorbed the mooncell and became it gaining all its powers. And she still doesn't have any kind of Concept manip resist listed.

I also want to mention the fact that a barely materialized Sirius lacking the levels of acceptance Altair had at the time of their battle managed to successfully use "existence change" on Altairs "At least Low 2-C " form

When I said above baseline I was talking about being decently far into 2-A, my bad I should have been more specific. A character, using the Moon Cell's abilities, was able to no sell Gil's entire arsenal, which includes several conceptual weapons and armaments.

CCC BB's profile is where you can find a good amount of the moon Cell's abilities and it's about as close as we can get to having a profile for it. It has a few extra abilities that are specific to BB and a few that are missing, but it fits the roll well enough. Resistance to concept manip should be within the standard cocktail of Authority resistances, so if it isn't there, than that is an oversight and should have been added a while ago

Low 2-C doesn't compare to 2-A

Tbh, we've pointed out before that certain abilities and resistances are missing (including resistance to conceptual manipulation), but we kinda decided to leave it until we discuss Authority.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
When I said above baseline I was talking about being decently far into 2-A, my bad I should have been more specific. A character, using the Moon Cell's abilities, was able to no sell Gil's entire arsenal, which includes several conceptual weapons and armaments.
CCC BB's profile is where you can find a good amount of the moon Cell's abilities and it's about as close as we can get to having a profile for it. It has a few extra abilities that are specific to BB and a few that are missing, but it fits the roll well enough. Resistance to concept manip should be within the standard cocktail of Authority resistances, so if it isn't there, than that is an oversight and should have been added a while ago

Low 2-C doesn't compare to 2-A
Then why does that post even exist, comparing 2-C with a person that has 2-A hax? ROFL.

Since this seems to be a stomp, I will lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back