• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alright, time to get this going: Aigis VS. 2B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona death hax directly applies to the opponent, not as a projectile. Also, I'm pretty sure she'd need something to reflect magic, since in megaten barriers that reflect magic and barriers that reflect physical attacks/bullets/projectiles etc are separated.

That shouldn't block the instant death spells since they aren't projectiles.

Does 2B have an answer to passive damage reflection? For example, Aigis equips a persona that reflects physical attacks, and casts a spell that reflects magic attacks.

Nope. if Aigis equips Alilat, for example, all of 2B's melee attacks are now reflected on her.

I'd also like to note that in Nier, Old World weapons (aka weapons that use magic) are a notable weakness for YoRHa androids.

If 2B's bodies aren't infinite, Aigis might actually be able to win by outlasting. Still, if she makes even a single mistake, she's done for. Sounds pretty inconclusive to me.

Edit: And I just realized OP changed the victory condition to a single death. Switching vote to Aigis.

It seems like he thought that SBA meant type 8/revival was restricted.

If we restrict revival I give it to Aigis, but I'm not really a fan of restricted matches in the first place.

Can 2B not dodge attacks? I'm pretty sure a large majority of Nier: Automata required 2B to dodge attacks coming from every angle. Coupled with the Engine Blade and slowimg down time when she dodges, she can close the gap pretty quickly. Also, 5x AP gap means that she can take more than just a single it, even if we consider Aigis' amp.

2B slaps Aigis and calls it a day.

When you say 'applies directly', do you mean it happens instantly, or is there travel time? Because 2B can react to and dodge things at her level of speed. And if Aigis spams, you're just going to give 2B more time slows.

Blahblah9755 said:
2B can't tank death hax, and unless she vastly outpaces Aigis she can't dodge it since it applies directly.
You have named one attack out of many that work while the others get tanked and she one shots.

I have named one attack that she will use over the others because that is the go to thing for any persona battle, check if death hax works, if it does use it every time you see the opponent.

Scan?

Because if it's RPG based and she has no character, that isn't a good reason to assume she'll start with it

No scans that I know of, but it's the way the games are designed to be played, and the most logical thing to start with. Considering Aigis is meant to be a highly skilled and practical fighter, there's no reason not to start with that.

That isn't a good reason at all, no offense

Multiple works of fiction include characters who need to know their best abilities are worth using, whether their opponent is specifically weak toan attack, or people who wish to analyze first or simply characters that aren't bloodlusted which Aigis isnt

If we go by that logic I can easily say "2B bombards her from space on a wing jet because she's a highly skilled and practical fighter" which she can totally do.

If there's no evidence she leads with said attack, there's your answer on her leading with it specifically over dozens of different moves 2B can tank before one shotting

If she's checking for the opponent's weakness, then she'd spam each type of elemental attack, including both types of insta-kill attacks. And the logical thing to do would be to check insta-death first, because if either of those work there's no longer a need to fight.

Asuka the Demonic Empress said:
Then both have a weakness ti elec attacks?
Aigis' causes her to recieve more damage, but she can switch it out by switching personas. 2B's disables her functions, and she can't get rid of it.

And considering this is Fool!Aigis, she has access to the strongest thunder personas, Odin and Thor. Also, she has the many death spells from different personas and the top tiers' Almighty spam. yknow, messiah, Metatron, Lucifer and Satan's ARMAGEDDON.

Alilat, of the empress arcana, thanks to its barriers, reflect Slash (nulling 2B's swords), Strike (nulling her combat bracers) and Pierce (nulling her spears). There goes literally all of 2B's melee options.

ZephyrosOmega said:
And considering this is Fool!Aigis, she has access to the strongest thunder personas, Odin and Thor. Also, she has the many death spells from different personas and the top tiers' Almighty spam. yknow, messiah, Metatron, Lucifer and Satan's ARMAGEDDON.
Aigis can't use fusion spells (only Minato can use them) so no Armageddon, but she can use other Almighty skills like Megidolaon.

I'm going to give my vote to Aigis FRA. And because Orgia Mode and Orgia Ex Mode will reduce the AP difference

Current vote:

Aigis: 3 (Blabla9755,Edwellken, Shozo Irie)

2B: 1 (Sir Ovens)

There has been other people who had show preference for one or the other chracater, but they didn't write "I give my vote to..." or "I think X is going to win" so I didn't count them

Gar, don't shift the burden of proof. From the perspective of the Aigis supporters, there would be just as much reason for her to do ANY other action, and you could attack every action with the same argument, resulting in Aigis losing because no one for sure knows what she will lead with. It's a bs argument. You're better off trying to prove why this is the least likely action instead of saying "how do you know she'll lead with this".

That being said, 2B. Mudo and Hama can be dodged and/or fail to those who don't have a weakness to darkness/curses or light/bless/sealing. 2B May be weak to magic weapons, but that doesn't necessarily mean magic itself— since Androids and presumably machine lifeforms use Magic and she has fought and taken damage from them before without dying.

I vote 2B

Burden of proof is a thing, we don't automatically assume that any character will lead with their best abilities immediately and them being highly versatile fighters prevents them from using it to begin with

As I already said.

Twice.

first of all, Emil is the only one who uses directed Maso weapons. YorHa weapon forges originally planed to use them for pod programs but the plan was rejected. so no, the Androids don't use magic.

Second, you're also assuming a verdict based on what Aigis does. do i need to make them both bloodlusted to make things "fairer"?

ZephyrosOmega said:
Second, you're also assuming a verdict based on what Aigis does. do i need to make them both bloodlusted to make things "fairer"?
2B Stomps if bloodlusted as she just flies away and spams from space

THIRD, someone (I think it was gargoyle) suggested that 2B could just strike Aigis from the air with the flight armor. Aigis can also fly, and the flight armor doesn't have access to pod programs or any od 2B's other abilities.

AND FOURTH. once again. Electricity. disables. 2B's. Systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back