• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Almalgapocalypse RP Thread

Typhon awakens in a dark room, unable to see a thing. A vague sound of crawling vermin surrounds everything.

"W-where am i?" Typhon would say as he gets up.
Remembering the "Antagony" speech you just heard, you realize you're in a world not your own, stranded. You don't know where you are, and you're afraid. Something large brushes past your leg, and you flinch. It walks up in front of you, clicking, as it moves toward a light in the distance. It almost seems to be calling out to you, telling you to follow.

Remembering the "Antagony" speech you just heard, you realize you're in a world not your own, stranded. You don't know where you are, and you're afraid. Something large brushes past your leg, and you flinch. It walks up in front of you, clicking, as it moves toward a light in the distance. It almost seems to be calling out to you, telling you to follow.
Not knowing what to do, Typhon decides to follow that thing saying "Who or w-what are you?"

Not knowing what to do, Typhon decides to follow that thing saying "Who or w-what are you?"
You reach the light, and the thing reveals itself to be a centipede the size of a small dog, which excitedly clicks at you, gesturing outside, where a city can be seen in the distance. The landscape is dark, and shrouded in fog. The trees all around lie dead and blackened.

You reach the light, and the thing reveals itself to be a centipede the size of a small dog, which excitedly clicks at you, gesturing outside, where a city can be seen in the distance. The landscape is dark, and shrouded in fog. The trees all around lie dead and blackened.
"You want me to go there?" Typhon says to the centipede and now that he isn't in that dark place anymore he starts to feel better and the fear slowly disappear. "Now that i see you, i have to say that you're pretty cute"

"You want me to go there?" Typhon says to the centipede and now that he isn't in that dark place anymore he starts to feel better and the fear slowly disappear. "Now that i see you, i have to say that you're pretty cute"
It chitters happily, and wraps itself around your arm, crawling up the sleeve of your shirt. You chuckle a little at feel of the legs, as it seemingly reappears on your shoulder.

It chitters happily, and wraps itself around your arm, crawling up the sleeve of your shirt. You chuckle a little at feel of the legs, as it seemingly reappears on your shoulder.
"Okay, let's go!" He would say while walking straight to the city

"Okay, let's go!" He would say while walking straight to the city
As you approach the city, you notice a wall of massive stone blocks, fronted by a gate of black iron. The buildings within it are made from a dark steel, and resemble massive rectangular prisms. As you approach, you see two guards standing outside the gate, in front of two ladders.

"Yeah, Mayor Charbroiler isn't as crazy as they all say. I think the folks calling him a 'hothead' and such are just a bunch a' crackpots. Also, I- Wait, did you hear that?"

They whip around towards you, spears pointed at you, helmets gleaming alongside their patchwork armor.

"You a human, or are you something else that looks like one of us?"

"Oh, also, you that bug ain't coming in without the plague vaccines. Don't want anyone goin zombie on us."

As you approach the city, you notice a wall of massive stone blocks, fronted by a gate of black iron. The buildings within it are made from a dark steel, and resemble massive rectangular prisms. As you approach, you see two guards standing outside the gate, in front of two ladders.

"Yeah, Mayor Charbroiler isn't as crazy as they all say. I think the folks calling him a 'hothead' and such are just a bunch a' crackpots. Also, I- Wait, did you hear that?"

They whip around towards you, spears pointed at you, helmets gleaming alongside their patchwork armor.

"You a human, or are you something else that looks like one of us?"
"Don't worry, there is no need of weapons" Typhon says rising his hands.
"Oh, also, you that bug ain't coming in without the plague vaccines. Don't want anyone goin zombie on us."
"What did you say? Zombies?"

"Don't worry, there is no need of weapons" Typhon says rising his hands.

"What did you say? Zombies?"
"Yeah, there's a few of them, but we're typically able to burn 'em down real quick. You don't wanna touch the bodies though. Not because they transfer the plague, but because they're icky. Anyway, you go through the gate, get past the trials, they'll let you in."

"Yeah, there's a few of them, but we're typically able to burn 'em down real quick. You don't wanna touch the bodies though. Not because they transfer the plague, but because they're icky. Anyway, you go through the gate, get past the trials, they'll let you in."
"Great, but my centipede? Can i bring it inside?"

"Oh, yeah, it's gotta go through the trials too. The trials are just code, by the way, it's really just standard procedures."
"If he won't be hurt and i will have him back, then i think it's okay." Typhon looks at the centipede looking for approval. "Is it okay for you?"

"If he won't be hurt and i will have him back, then i think it's okay." Typhon looks at the centipede looking for approval. "Is it okay for you?"
"Oh, he can go with you if you'd prefer. The trials are really just anti-disease procedures and metal detectors, stuff like that."

"Perfect, thanks for the informations" Typhon starts walking to the gate.
The gate opens, before slamming shut behind you. A beeping sounds, and a cybernetic arm grapples your hand. A mechanized human arrives from the side of the wall, using a scalpel to remove some metal shards from under your skin, then wiping your arm down with rubbing alcohol to disinfect it. It then injects you with several needles, taking a blood sample with another. The centipede goes through similar tests. The cyborg goes to a computer, runs some tests, then bandages you both up.

"It seems you have a very strong liver. Recommended job: Product testing. Your housing unit will be fitted for a human-class and animal-class tenant."

A second set of doors open, and a light is revealed within. A young, excited woman stands there.

"Hello, I'm the city tour guide!"

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Typhon cordially says and then he would ask "I would like to know, what exactly is this place?"

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Typhon cordially says and then he would ask "I would like to know, what exactly is this place?"
"This is the City Without a Name. We're a community of people living in the desert, attempting to survive. Mayor Steambroiler has been able to protect us from most of the dangers of the desert."

"This is the City Without a Name. We're a community of people living in the desert, attempting to survive. Mayor Steambroiler has been able to protect us from most of the dangers of the desert."
"So these Steambroilers are the protectors of the city?"

"Maybe you could tell me more about Steambroiler and this city and meanwhile you could show me the city."
"Well, he'"

CRASH

A humanoid hole appears in a nearby building, a smoking crater on the ground.

"Waylon, you don't want to do this." says a man seemingly cloaked in flame.

"Damnit, Mike, you ain't gonna steambroil your way outta this one." says the man who tossed him, seemingly a humanoid crocodile.

"Well, he'"

CRASH

A humanoid hole appears in a nearby building, a smoking crater on the ground.

"Waylon, you don't want to do this." says a man seemingly cloaked in flame.

"Damnit, Mike, you ain't gonna steambroil your way outta this one." says the man who tossed him, seemingly a humanoid crocodile.
"What is happening here?!"

"What is happening here?!"
"Pardon me, who are you?" says the man shrouded in flame. Suddenly, the crocodilian man clocks him in the head with a left hook, sending him careening into a building.

"FOCUS ON THE FIGHT!!"

"Pardon me, who are you?" says the man shrouded in flame. Suddenly, the crocodilian man clocks him in the head with a left hook, sending him careening into a building.

"FOCUS ON THE FIGHT!!"
"Could you stop a minute and explain me what is happening?!" Typhon yells

"Could you stop a minute and explain me what is happening?!" Typhon yells
"Look, Waylon, I hate having to do this, but..." the burning man throws a punch, which misses, and then a second, which knocks out the other man instantly. He turns to you and says "I apologize. Waylon's trying his best, but prison's been rough on him. No, life's been rough on him. Anyway, hey, I'm Mayor Steambroiler, welcome to my city."

He's still on fire.

"Look, Waylon, I hate having to do this, but..." the burning man throws a punch, which misses, and then a second, which knocks out the other man instantly. He turns to you and says "I apologize. Waylon's trying his best, but prison's been rough on him. No, life's been rough on him. Anyway, hey, I'm Mayor Steambroiler, welcome to my city."

He's still on fire.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, isn't the fire a problem for you?" Typhon would try to shake hands with him

"It's a pleasure to meet you, isn't the fire a problem for you?" Typhon would try to shake hands with him
"No, it's... a quintessential aspect of me. This fire sort of... makes up my being." you see what seems to be a layer of stone atop his skin, within the fire. (He basically just looks like Omniverse Heatblast)

"Don't worry, though. I can control it." He shakes your hand, with his hand only being slightly warmer than yours.

"My name is Typhon, i'm new here" Typhon says "I have to admit that you have a really cool power, but what do you mean saying life has been rough on him?"
"Waylon didn't mean to, but he killed his mother the day he was born. In fact, it happened before he took his first breath. His father left him, and the aunt who took care of him never set down her bottle, except to grab a new one. The scaled patches on his skin saw him treated as an animal by the rest of society, and it was no wonder he was beaten and arrested whenever he fought back. Eventually, the scales had fully covered him, and he found a job wrestling alligators at the circus. He hated this, of course, and when the day was done, he sat there for a few hours to fix the gators up. One day, when he was finally ready, he killed the cops who'd beat him, then went down to the city and took the underworld over. However, even this couldn't last. He was subjected to horrible tortures in the asylum, and continuously escaped, only to be recaptured. Confined to the streets, he walked around the sewers trying to find peace. This was when the straw broke the camel's back. Or in this case, arms.

The man called Bane defeating him was what drove him over the edge. He devolved into a cannibalistic monster. He mutated again and again each time he appeared. And then the moment he finally found peace in the sewers, Hush arrived.

His mind and body corrupted, he became an even deadlier monstrosity, confined to permanent misery. However, he overcame this. One day, he found a family, and on another, I came back to see my childhood friend again. We all stayed together peacefully in the countryside. And that's when the rains came."

"Waylon didn't mean to, but he killed his mother the day he was born. In fact, it happened before he took his first breath. His father left him, and the aunt who took care of him never set down her bottle, except to grab a new one. The scaled patches on his skin saw him treated as an animal by the rest of society, and it was no wonder he was beaten and arrested whenever he fought back. Eventually, the scales had fully covered him, and he found a job wrestling alligators at the circus. He hated this, of course, and when the day was done, he sat there for a few hours to fix the gators up. One day, when he was finally ready, he killed the cops who'd beat him, then went down to the city and took the underworld over. However, even this couldn't last. He was subjected to horrible tortures in the asylum, and continuously escaped, only to be recaptured. Confined to the streets, he walked around the sewers trying to find peace. This was when the straw broke the camel's back. Or in this case, arms.

The man called Bane defeating him was what drove him over the edge. He devolved into a cannibalistic monster. He mutated again and again each time he appeared. And then the moment he finally found peace in the sewers, Hush arrived.

His mind and body corrupted, he became an even deadlier monstrosity, confined to permanent misery. However, he overcame this. One day, he found a family, and on another, I came back to see my childhood friend again. We all stayed together peacefully in the countryside. And that's when the rains came."
"That's terrible, i can't even imagine."

"That's terrible, i can't even imagine."
"Yeah. When the rains came, they fell on him in the form of meteors. I was out in the field when the first one came down. Being only the size of a fist, it burst through his roof, and he caught it, laughing loud enough that I could hear it. His kids were terrified, but we showed off our skills by throwing it around as a baseball. However, I then saw a few more coming, and flew up to destroy them. Until there came the final one. It was piloted by another of my people, but specifically one who was sick. My heat and his cold clashed, as the meteor hit home. When I finally won, and returned, I saw him cradling their bodies, or what was left of them. Despite being severely burned, he focused on only them. That is the day Waylon went mad. But enough of that. You're new in town, right? So, do you have any questions?"

"Yeah. When the rains came, they fell on him in the form of meteors. I was out in the field when the first one came down. Being only the size of a fist, it burst through his roof, and he caught it, laughing loud enough that I could hear it. His kids were terrified, but we showed off our skills by throwing it around as a baseball. However, I then saw a few more coming, and flew up to destroy them. Until there came the final one. It was piloted by another of my people, but specifically one who was sick. My heat and his cold clashed, as the meteor hit home. When I finally won, and returned, I saw him cradling their bodies, or what was left of them. Despite being severely burned, he focused on only them. That is the day Waylon went mad. But enough of that. You're new in town, right? So, do you have any questions?"
"How many things or people could kill me in this city?"

"How many things or people could kill me in this city?"
"Most people in this city carry a weapon of some kind. Fortunately, they're pretty friendly. If you've registered as a citizen, you'll be provided all the basic necessities, but things like that will cost extra."

"Most people in this city carry a weapon of some kind. Fortunately, they're pretty friendly. If you've registered as a citizen, you'll be provided all the basic necessities, but things like that will cost extra."
"Okay, thanks for the information" Typhon says "Now i think i should return to my tour of the city" he starts looking for the guide.

Back