• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All Might vs. Sans

DMUA said:
All Might could just Shockwave in Sans' general direction to oblitherate him.
it isn't in sans character to avoid the shockwave, just the primary attack. Sans would teleport only to be hit by the aoe like ^ said. He also doesn't teleport in character to avoid attacks. He just steps to the side. He would get Sage Naruto'ed like the pain did

All Might throws a punch and the shockwave turns him to dust. Sans has never dealt with massive AoE before and isn't ready to dodge a multi-kilometer wind wall that won't even be properly visible.

C U E Y O U S A Y R U N

Wait, shouldn't All Might in his prime be able to make a shockwave that Sans wouldn't be able to get out of the way of in time? I'd say All Might actually wins via far better stamina, shockwaves, and in general taking everything more seriously. Both are in character but are willing to kill due to SBA, so as such Sans wouldn't be taking the battle remotely seriously. Sure he'd be willing to kill, but he wouldn't be using Danmaku immidiatly. When All Might is in a fight, no matter who he's fighting, he takes it seriously. By the time Sans would take the fight seriously, he would already be dead. Sans dosn't teleport away from attacks in character, he just dodges. It takes a few seconds of non-stop attacks from Sans to kill somebody, and only one shock wave from All Might to kill Sans. All Might wins this with mid to high difficulty.

All Might due to the reasons given, I mean at some point you have to just step back and look at how underpowered Sans is compared to this guy who can change the literal weather from a punch thousands of feet below

Sans' attack potency scales directly with how "evil" his target is. All might has no such limitation. Thus, All Might wins even discounting the myriad other factors in this combat

Though quick question

Some shockwaves from AM didn't one shot the students, would they work here?

He wasn't aiming for his students. Meanwhile a Texas Smash right to their face would probably end them.

Guess I might as well post some stuff before this is finalized, since a lot of this seems based on...faulty assumptions, at best.

1. People are aware Sans' teleportation range isn't only like several feet, right? He was perfectly capable of teleporting himself and Frisk from Waterfall to the inside of Grillby's, which is in Snowdin. Closing the distance before being instantly slaughtered isn't a problem.

2. What are All Might's counters for being suddenly and rapidly teleported to multiple locations and into the path of attacks? Especially when, in conjunction with this, Sans often switches up his opponent's "gravity", as well.

3. What stops "guy whose entire strategy revolves around cheap shots" from killing All Might with cheap shots before he takes the obvious shockwave from a punch to the face? Especially when, again, coupled with teleportation spam.

4. Why is there even the assumption that being hit with the portion of a shockwave from one of All Might's punches will instantly turn Sans to dust? Taking a direct hit from end game Chara, who I can assure you is a hell of a lot stronger than the Tier 7 they were at the very beginning of the game, still left him alive for a brief period of time?

This all seems to be completely ignored in favor of "lol Sans instantly dies to anything", which isn't even supported by his fight. ************ lives longer than NEO after taking a direct hit from a significantly stronger version of the same character. For reference, NEO is hit, sputters out a single line of dialogue, then violently explodes. Sans is hit by a much more pissed off and stronger version of the person who did this to NEO, is still able to speak, and has the strength to pick his ass back up and limp off screen before succumbing to death.

The entire first part of the thread is people wanking SANS out of character. SANS in character only dodges a knife which has a very very small AOE. All might's AOE is way larger and it has more AP than he has durability. We don't need to talk down this path for the third time... They key says 8-C, if you wanna go by unofficial I have calcs of all might being light speed and island+ durability. All Might has his own form of Danmaku via punches/shockwaves. You are arguing out of character SANS vs in character All Might. If both are out of character we can take All Might's prime stamina, which is more than a day, and he can just spam hundreds of punchces per second all over the battle field with each bringing in mountain level+ AP and multi city block AOE damage. We can go either

... are you suggesting Sans should have At least Town level Dura?

Well, doesn't sound that crazy from that discription. Either way, his shockwaves are able to hurt dudes on par with him, and on par is far, far above what Sans can survive.

Sans may be able to teleport quite far, but he only really just sidestepped Chara's attacks. Why would he teleport an extreme distance away without knowing beforehand All Might would release a giantic shockwave more then enough to kill him upon trying to strike him.

He could use his tactics of cheapshots just fine, but again, he'll have to deal with the fact that All-Might is probably going to toss out a giantic shockwave more then enough to kill him right from the getgo.

People wanking Sans does not automatically mean Sans loses.

If people are trying to go with the "he wouldn't do that in-character" argument, All Might would by no means try to brutally murder a supposedly "weak" being who he wouldn't realize was a threat to himself and was posing no threat to others. This is equivalent to saying "Sans teleports bones into All Might at the start of the match GG". Of course, that is obvious wank when applied to Sans, yet applied to anyone else it seems to be OK, for some reason.

Legit none of what I've said has actually been addressed, with the only real argument being "All Might one-shots and has better range".

@DMUA

"Sans may be able to teleport quite far, but he only really just sidestepped Chara's attacks."

Because that's literally all he needed to do? You're aware a large part of the fight is him trying to piss Chara off and get them to give up, right?

"Why would he teleport an extreme distance away without knowing beforehand All Might would release a giantic shockwave more then enough to kill him upon trying to strike him."

How is "Why would Sans try to get within range of the enemy he was trying to fight so that he could properly attack?" even a question? Does this assume Sans is unaware he's even in a fight because All Might is far away? What?

@Azzy

Dying to an attack is dying to an attack. Just because it was dramatic and took longer does not mean he was more durable than NEO Mettaton. NEO was a joke so of course it would be funny if he quickly explodes. All that matters is that he was one shot and so was Sans.

In combat Sans does not teleport around multi-kilometer ranges. All Might has shown his willingness to KO with shockwaves many times before. He doesn't need to physically hit fodder to beat them. He took out Sludge Villain the first time at range the moment he showed up.

The only chance Sans has is killing All Might before he can do anything, but All Might isn't a sitting duck either. He can dodge and is very mobile, even being able to achieving pseudo-flight with mid-air punching and jumping. Gravity may or may not counter that, but even if it does, All Might can still take this. The only time we see Sans porting all over the place is in fan animations, which obviously aren't canon. We barely see him move while fighting Chara.

@Assalt

Gonna pretty quickly run through all of this so it doesn't seem like I'm leaving anything out.

"Dying to an attack is dying to an attack. Just because it was dramatic and took longer does not mean he was more durable than NEO Mettaton. NEO was a joke so of course it would be funny if he quickly explodes. All that matters is that he was one shot and so was Sans."

1. I did not say he was more durable than NEO. I said he took the same type of hit better than NEO.

2. "Dying to an attack is dying to an attack." What you are trying to imply here is blatantly false. A character being hit by a nuke and reduced to scattered molecules is not at all comparable to a character who is hit by a nuke, is shown to be fully intact, but soon collapses dead from the damage. "They both die" does not mean the same exact thing happened to both. You know this as well as I do.

"In combat Sans does not teleport around multi-kilometer ranges."

This is wrong on a multitude of levels. First, you're assuming that because Sans didn't do this against Chara, he can't do it period. This completely ignores the fact that Chara was up in his face the entire time in an enclosed area, so he'd have no reason to do this against them. Second, if we directly see Sans use long range teleportation (which we do. I even linked it), there is no reason to assume he can't do this before he's even been physically engaged by his opponent, who is standing several kilometers away.

"All Might has shown his willingness to KO with shockwaves many times before. He doesn't need to physically hit fodder to beat them."

Again, implication that Sans will instantly be knocked out or killed by anything All Might does. The point isn't that Sans tanks this shit like nothing, which he obviously can't. The idea is people seem to be suggesting any single hit, no matter how indirect, will instantly incap or kill Sans, no matter what, which is blatantly false.

"The only chance Sans has is killing All Might before he can do anything, but All Might isn't a sitting duck either."

No. This is blatant bias against a character, again implying that All Might doing anything leads to a win because Sans is so frail, again ignoring teleportation of himself, All Might, changing of gravity, and a multitude of other factors. It is a disingenuous look at the fight.

"He can dodge and is very mobile, even being able to achieving pseudo-flight with mid-air punching and jumping."

Please explain how he dodges teleportation that does not need to make contact with him to activate. Nobody is making the argument that All Might can't dodge anything Sans throws at him, but he can't dodge instant teleportation (which isn't even an attack).

"Gravity may or may not counter that, but even if it does, All Might can still take this."

If he couldn't take this at all, this would be a stomp. Nobody said he had no chance, but ignoring something Sans can do doesn't make it go away.

"The only time we see Sans porting all over the place is in fan animations, which obviously aren't canon."

Except, again, we see him teleport a very long distance. We see him teleport his opponent numerous times during his fight. He dodges a character who is much slower than he is in terms of reactions because he has no need to teleport, but he very clearly can based on what is explicitly shown.

"We barely see him move while fighting Chara."

...you...you mean because this is a turn based RPG where these animations don't even exist except in the case of Sans?

@Azzy

But he actively does dodge. He is the only one who actually does it. It is easy to say "he's insanely mobile since he dodges everything" because nothing else in the turn-based game dodges. That isn't a feat. That is Sans actually moving, but we can't say that, because it's turn-based, he is doing far more than what he is shown to do.

But that said I'm not going to argue further. It is very possible my bias against Sans is clouding my judgement and I don't want to let that happen.

@Assalt

I did not say that he was teleporting when we don't see him do it, simply that he is capable of doing so in his battle. I obviously do not wish to assume random things we don't see him do. The teleportation I am speaking of is used on himself during his semi-final attack (which is short range, but done quite rapidly) and on the player throughout multiple attacks in his battle.

final attack after gasing out in 10 minutes. In character he would die, unless you are claiming omniscience. All might has fought people with this ability before...

Kappatalism said:
final attack after gasing out in 10 minutes. In character he would die, unless you are claiming omniscience.
Is this suggesting he wouldn't attack like this, early on? This is the weirdest misconception, to me. Sans makes it incredibly clear that he's well aware he can't "beat" Chara/the Player, as they can just come back indefinitely and can never truly be hurt. The entire idea behind the way he fights/why he says what he says/does what he does in that battle is in an attempt to get you to give up and just leave. That's why his final attack is doing nothing.

And, if you're for some reason claiming that even in this fight he was well aware he couldn't win, he didn't throw some all-out attacks from the start, that's blatantly contradicted by the game itself. And that's canonically just him trying to annoy you and make you give up, not him fighting some opponent that's fully within his ability to kill.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Kappatalism said:
final attack after gasing out in 10 minutes. In character he would die, unless you are claiming omniscience.
Is this suggesting he wouldn't attack like this, early on? This is the weirdest misconception, to me. Sans makes it incredibly clear that he's well aware he can't "beat" Chara/the Player, as they can just come back indefinitely and can never truly be hurt. The entire idea behind the way he fights/why he says what he says/does what he does in that battle is in an attempt to get you to give up and just leave. That's why his final attack is doing nothing.
And, if you're for some reason claiming that even in this fight he was well aware he couldn't win, he didn't throw some all-out attacks from the start, that's blatantly contradicted by the game itself. And that's canonically just him trying to annoy you and make you give up, not him fighting some opponent that's fully within his ability to kill.
We are talking in character, not what could be. This is dishonest debating

Well, I mean, this entire business is about what could be.

Sans is facing a new opponent so why would he stick to one tactic?

Back