• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All high tier 1-A? In a story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if a story has characters that initially appeared three dimensional yet took place in a fantasy world where humans did not exist, and seemingly all the characters are around tier 8 to 7, until the very end of the first half of the story where it is revealed that the entire reality which the story takes place exists in a place that is an infinite degree beyond the concept of dimensions including infinite dimensions, imaginary dimensions, complex dimensions (complex numbers for instance, yes this makes no sense), fractional dimensions (like half a dimension), does that mean that every character in that story is now High tier 1-A?

How is this possible you may ask?

It's the result of an isolation field of that much higher reality which has the ability to affect all lower realities and dimensions below it that made it seem like the original story is three dimensional as that reality has a source of power that is virtually omnipotent.

However in retrospect, that also means the first reality of the story had the ability to do everything that a High 1-A character but was surpressed by a power that was virtually tier 0.

Thus the many lower realities and dimensions that exist within this story would much lower.

However that the second reality which is infinitely greater than the first also has characters, so does that mean that all of them are High 1-A? or maybe it's just the Second Reality that is High 1-A, while the first is 1-A. The problem is that they aren't just one of two degrees above the concept of dimensions by infinite degrees above meaning that there are an infinite number of 1-A characters below them as those characters are also beyond dimensional concepts.

This creates a huge gaping plot hole in the story that will require a lot of metaphors or technobabble to cover up, in which case none of what you say would make sense and the entities in question have unknown power levels. But just to answer the question, no, that would mean that they're all just 1-A. A High 1-A requires power that approaches Tier 0 but they're not because of an existing Tier 0. Only one series I know has more than one High 1-A and that's because the two characters basically have the exact same powers.

Well yes, the thing is in the second part of the story it is revealed that an even more powerful existence of reality that is an infinite degree higher than the one we thought was our initial setting was revealed.

It's the result of an isolation field of that much higher reality which has the ability to affect all lower realities and dimensions below it that made it seem like the original story is three dimensional as that reality has a source of power that is virtually omnipotent.

However in retrospect, that also means the first reality of the story had the ability to do everything that a High 1-A character but was surpressed by a power that was virtually tier 0.

Thus the many lower realities and dimensions that exist within this story would much lower.

However that the second reality which is infinitely greater than the first also has characters, so does that mean that all of them are High 1-A? or maybe it's just the Second Reality that is High 1-A, while the first is 1-A. The problem is that they aren't just one of two degrees above the concept of dimensions by infinite degrees above meaning that there are an infinite number of 1-A characters below them as those characters are also beyond dimensional concepts.

Which is why I ask. Or is it more realtive to the story?

It all depends on the story and how it goes. The revelation is the most important as it really puts into stone how powerful these characters are but it requires some really good writing. Screw it up and you get debates and a more likely Unknown rating for those characters.

Fair point, also would you be kind enough to post further replies on this thread?

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/208158#7

I would better if everyone was on the same page lol if you know what I mean.

Yes, I agree with such a statement, a badly written story where this is thrown in at random without any foreshadowing or thought would just seem stupid.

LordAizenSama said:
likely you're gunna be sacraficing a lot of quality for OP characters, if you wanna see results of this look up suggsverse..
Lol, yes I would agree that would be true if it were poorly written. that's why I don't really like verses that are too op.

However if an illusion is placed over the reader where the first half the story is where characters appear to be 3 dimensional and tier 8 to tier 7, while the second half the story reveals that they were actually beyond dimensional concepts to begin with and that a virtually omnipotent power that bounded them was the only reason they seemed three dimensional, it may be considered a huge plot twist lol

If you have any particular fiction, we have to look context. Without it, these questions do not make sense.

Antvasima said:
Isn't I/O kind of like this?
Partially similar. But not quite.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Yeah. All of it's characters are like 1-A or above.
More like 1-B or above.

I'm skimming the TV Tropes entry for I/O and it's not making much sense for me power-wise. All I can get for it is that the entire whatever-verse for I/O is literally Cyberspace.

I'm skimming the TV Tropes entry for I/O and it's not making much sense for me power-wise.

Judging about verse via TV Tropes? Good job, lol.

Really? Huh. I've only looked at the 1-A's then, that's why.

High 1-B or may be higher for usual characters.

1-A for meta-characters.

A6colute said:
I'm skimming the TV Tropes entry for I/O and it's not making much sense for me power-wise.

Judging about verse via TV Tropes? Good job, lol.
Wikipedia doesn't give jack. All I want is what's going on so I can at least get a little bit of context and compare it to Aurasuke's original proposal

Wikipedia doesn't give jack. All I want is what's going on so I can at least get a little bit of context and compare it to Aurasuke's original proposal

Then look scans on the I/O page.

I mean storywise. Is there a twist like in Aurasuke's proposal? From what I got so far from just reading TV Tropes, no.

I mean storywise. Is there a twist like in Aurasuke's proposal? From what I got so far from just reading TV Tropes, no.

Well...

When I reading 1 route, I think that there are only tier 10 characters.

When I reading 2 route, I think that there are only tier 10 characters with some hax.

When I reading 3 route, I think that there are only tier 10 characters with a lot of hax.

When I reading 4 route, I think that there are only tier 2 characters at max.

When I reading 5 route, I release that there are high 1-B characters at least...

DarkLK said:
If you have any particular fiction, we have to look context. Without it, these questions do not make sense.
Antvasima said:
Isn't I/O kind of like this?
Partially similar. But not quite.
CrossverseCrisis said:
Yeah. All of it's characters are like 1-A or above.
More like 1-B or above.
Are you speaking about I/O? And The context of the story is now posted at the top.

I mean if you're talking about any particular really existing official fiction, then maybe I might spend a little my time to answer some questions, but if you only have the question of someone's Suggs-like imagination/your own imagination (that is, we never write profiles on the wiki for this thing), I'm not even going to waste my time for reading these walls of text.

Well, you are bothering the staff with these constant topics, and we are short on time, due to having to manage the rest of the wiki, so it is probsbly best if I close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back