• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
IMO don’t think he can really do that with sealing and teleportation but that’s all subjective. Sage Mode and Outlasting are options tho, the former not so sure about

Sasuke could theoretically use the Amaterasu to shield himself, so Melee, Minato’s main offense, kinda won’t work. At the same time we only seen that defensive use of Amaterasu a grand total of 2 times (Raikage and Kabuto), so maybe Sasuke just… won’t do it.

IMO don’t think he can really do that with sealing and teleportation but that’s all subjective. Sage Mode and Outlasting are options tho, the former not so sure about

Sasuke could theoretically use the Amaterasu to shield himself, so Melee, Minato’s main offense, kinda won’t work. At the same time we only seen that defensive use of Amaterasu a grand total of 2 times (Raikage and Kabuto), so maybe Sasuke just… won’t do it.
It's definitely true that he could seal it, cause the Eight Signed Seal is meant for sealing away large enemies and evil spirits in its databook entry, and the Susanoo has a case for being both, or at least the former.

Sage Mode should work since Base Naruto/Base Sasuke and SM Naruto/MS Sasuke were portrayed as equal in the FKS arc, so that means SM can make you able to combat a Susanoo if you were relative to the opponent in base, and Minato is relative to Sasuke WITH the EMS activated, so if anything SM Minato should have the AP advantage.

True to the latter point lol. But technically Minato does have fire lightning and wind style, so he should be decent in mid-long range combat. He can also fight with kunai which might be somewhat effective if Sasuke only has the Ribcage Susanoo up.

I don’t recall the sealing being used aside from the nine tails, again, subjective. Minato technically has to natures but that was only in like, a data book, and he never even bothered to use it- still Sasuke might just… not even do the Amaterasu shield at all anyways

I don’t recall the sealing being used aside from the nine tails, again, subjective. Minato technically has to natures but that was only in like, a data book, and he never even bothered to use it- still Sasuke might just… not even do the Amaterasu shield at all anyways
That doesn't mean it can only be used on Bijuu. That's not subjective, it's just what the databook says.

What does it only being in a databook matter?

Well, if Minato hasn’t ever used it… we shouldn’t assume that he does have convenient ranged abilities. Otherwise…. We would have seen him do that. The only time we know he tried applying an element in combat was when he was trying to adding (blank) style into his Rasengan, which didn’t work.

Well, if Minato hasn’t ever used it… we shouldn’t assume that he does have convenient ranged abilities. Otherwise…. We would have seen him do that. The only time we know he tried applying an element in combat was when he was trying to adding (blank) style into his Rasengan, which didn’t work.
Eh sure.

He didn't finish, he was PLANNING on adding a nature to it. And for lots of jutsu you don't need to add a nature. In their base state they're a jutsu. Like fire ball jutsu.

To be fair, Madara had SM while he was blind.

No one's arguing Edos are superior to their alive counterpart, just that Edo Minato having KCM is a bigger buff than being Edo is a debuff. Which I think is debatable.

When Minato was alive.. He was able to transfer Biju Dama + Used FTG multiple times (Fight between Obito, Teleporting to 3rd and FTG Kyuubi.. compare to Edo KCM Minato that he only used it once in KCM mode to save Sasuke and Naruto and then after that he couldn't use FTG anymore cuz he lack chakra (but he was in KCM Mode).

When Minato was alive.. He was able to transfer Biju Dama + Used FTG multiple times (Fight between Obito, Teleporting to 3rd and FTG Kyuubi.. compare to Edo KCM Minato that he only used it once in KCM mode to save Sasuke and Naruto and then after that he couldn't use FTG anymore cuz he lack chakra (but he was in KCM Mode).
He teleported the entire ninja alliance.

Eh sure.

He didn't finish, he was PLANNING on adding a nature to it. And for lots of jutsu you don't need to add a nature. In their base state they're a jutsu. Like fire ball jutsu.
idk bro it seems kinda unfair to assume that he can just bust out those attacks- if that was the case why can't Kakashi just use all 1000 of his jutsu in these debates lol (or at least, the ones that work on insert foe)

idk bro it seems kinda unfair to assume that he can just bust out those attacks- if that was the case why can't Kakashi just use all 1000 of his jutsu in these debates lol (or at least, the ones that work on insert foe)
I mean, I think it's fair to say Kakashi can use at least a basic wind style attack to counter lightning stuff for example despite never showing it. That's all I'm assuming too. I'm not saying Minato can use Majestic Destroyer Flame or Kirin or something. Just basic elemental jutsu. Which I think is fair since fire wind and lightning manipulation are listed as abilities on his profile.

I think I'm gonna vote for Minato. While I think it could be a difficult fight that could potentially go wrong for Minato if he got careless, I think his ability to teleport gives him the upper hand, since he can place tags on anyone, even Sasuke, allowing him to teleport himself or Sasuke if he chooses to use the Susanoo. Not to mention he also has his Sage Mode, which while it may only be limited, could still be enough to land a few finishing blows.

Minato needs one more vote then it's grace.

Just wait until Minato gets another vote, then a few hours later another vote is given to another option and it becomes incon cause life is pain.

Minato take this. You have to understand Minato marking does not disappear. The Marking can be even put on Chakra. We seen Minato put mark on 8th Tail Chakra..

I'm voting Minato on this one.

Most of the arguments in favour of Sasuke seems more akin to not lose conditions rather than portraying a decisive way for him to beat Minato.
As for Minato, the ability to teleport the Susano'o away from Sasuke is a very severe win-condition that Sasuke doesn't have a great counter against.

Minato being able to teleport the Susano'o at all is a contentious topic, although i would heavily argue that he is capable of doing so.
During the fight against Sasuke, Itachi's Susano'o was stated to have a completely impenetrable defence in the form of the Yata Mirror. The Yata Mirror's impenetrable capability comes because it's composed of all five Chakra natures (stated bottom left), exactly like the Senjutsu Truth-Seeking Orbs.

tumblr_p278snfcOf1urljpmo1_1280.jpg
0641-002.png

Possesing all five Chakra natures gives the ability of negating all Ninjutsu, however Space-time Ninjutsu worked completely fine on Truth-Seeking orbs on multiple occasions and did not show any capability of negating Space-time ninjutsu at all.
Seeing as Itachi's Susano'o and the Truth-Seeking orbs therefore should have similar nullification abilities, the former shouldn't have any reason to be able to counter said ability if the latter wasn't capable of doing so either.

And as Itachi's Susano'o should have similar properties (and in some cases just outright superior properties due to the Yata Mirror) than Sasuke's, i don't see any reason why Minato wouldn't be able to teleport Sasuke's Susano'o wherever he chooses.
We also do know that the Susano'o isn't guaranteed to follow its user and can be seperated if done fast enough. So FTG just teleporting it immidately does seem very plausible.

0560-012.png
0560-013.png

LMAO Sakura would beat alive minato. Literally got hurt by splinters from a young obito's explosive tags. A few kunai and Sasuke wins

LMAO Sakura would beat alive minato. Literally got hurt by splinters from a young obito's explosive tags. A few kunai and Sasuke wins
Boruto Era Sakura would, yes. Because she's Six Paths level.

Minato's durability doesn't matter when he's never gonna get hit. And if we're talking durability, SM Minato has one of the best durability feats in the series, taking a kick from Juubidara without exploding.
https://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_61ca6ef79253a/637099cbd61b87722fd1d23368677772/NARUTO%E2%80%94%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88%E2%80%94-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%E7%89%88-69---p146-%5BaKraa%5D.pnghttps://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_61ca6ef79253a/637099cbd61b87722fd1d23368677772/NARUTO%E2%80%94%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88%E2%80%94-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%E7%89%88-69---p147-%5BaKraa%5D.png

Minato's durability doesn't matter when he's never gonna get hit. And if we're talking durability, SM Minato has one of the best durability feats in the series, taking a kick from Juubidara without exploding.
https://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_61ca6ef79253a/637099cbd61b87722fd1d23368677772/NARUTO%E2%80%94%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88%E2%80%94-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%E7%89%88-69---p146-%5BaKraa%5D.pnghttps://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_61ca6ef79253a/637099cbd61b87722fd1d23368677772/NARUTO%E2%80%94%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88%E2%80%94-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%E7%89%88-69---p147-%5BaKraa%5D.png
You mean getting one shot by juubidara? And Sasuke would be faster

You mean getting one shot by juubidara? And Sasuke would be faster
How was he one shot? He was kicked in the stomach and the kick didn't turn the part that was attacked into dust.

They're both rated as Sub Relativistic with Relativistic reactions, and Minato can become far faster with SM.

Can we talk about the fact that Kakashi just ate that SM Minato Rasengan and was fine afterwards?

Can we talk about the fact that Kakashi just ate that SM Minato Rasengan and was fine afterwards?
Exactly, Minato is wanked
Nah, he teleported it.
https://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_61ca6ef79253a/0f6517b83cfeac5ed3d4ce9f8209d181/NARUTO%E2%80%94%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88%E2%80%94-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%E7%89%88-69---p178-%5BaKraa%5D.png

Back