• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alien X (Reboot) should be weaker than Way Big (Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason for that?
The only other time I recall Cannonbolt getting hurt by blunt force is one of Kevin’s strongest aliens hurting him. Also excluding Way Big and Alien X in my previous statement obviously. Also Cannonbolt still has that thing going on where the harder you hit him, the harder he’ll come back right?

The only other time I recall Cannonbolt getting hurt by blunt force is one of Kevin’s strongest aliens hurting him. Also excluding Way Big and Alien X in my previous statement obviously. Also Cannonbolt still has that thing going on where the harder you hit him, the harder he’ll come back right?
I don't see how that would prove your claim, but, there's no need to derail into that topic since the point here is about Way Big vs Alien X.

What are the conclusions here so far?

Also, @Firestorm808 and @Andytrenom : Would you be willing to help out here please?
Conclusions are pretty split. I will give a summary of the essential viewpoints.

One side thinks that Alien X is stronger than Way Big:
  • The listed feats that go against Alien X (Reboot)'s description are PIS because this AX cross-scales to the AX of the "Classic" continuity (due to them being alternate timelines they share power levels and abilities in their opinion) and Reboot AX could have won if he used his abilities properly but didn't.
  • Because AntiVilgax got a massive amp from Celestialsapien blood and made him evolve into Alien V, Alien X should be superior and the profile is fine. A WOG (which states that diluted fusions are weaker than pure fusions) also supports this stance.
The other side thinks that Way Big should scale above:
  • There are feats that suggest that Way Big should scale higher, these feats aren't PIS because AX not using his abilities properly is just incompetence, there is nothing to show that they really are PIS.
  • Cross-scaling would not work because there is no solid evidence to suggest that the power-levels of the Reboot aliens are 1:1. Additionally, Reboot aliens already have vastly different strength ratings and feats compared to the ratings and feats of the Classic aliens, so this assumption does not work on this site.
  • As for the DNA argument, just because AntiVilgax got stronger from the DNA does not mean that Alien V is weaker than Alien X, the blood can still provide a substantial boost without it being that way. The WOG does not matter because of the actual showings which contradict it.

Last edited:
I mean my points don’t really rely on cross-scaling. The ratings point is also moot considering there’s an AP revision upcoming.

I mean my points don’t really rely on cross-scaling. The ratings point is also moot considering there’s an AP revision upcoming.
Cross-scaling was a point of contention, so I included cross-scaling, but I adjusted that. I forgot to include the WOG (also the scan of the WOG is still not here), so I will add that. As for the ratings, the difference in strength still seems to be significant. Also, when the AP revision occurs and if major changes happen, the profile can be re-adjusted if necessary. If anyone has an idea of what the relevant revisions will be, they can be put here (if they're relevant and significantly counter my point). But I'm talking about what we have right now.

Last edited:
Well, I think that it seems sensible to assume that reboot Alien X is intended to be stronger than the power level that Alien V had the time to reach, but if Way Big is also stronger, I don't know how he and Alien X compare to each other. Perhaps we can just consider all of them as comparable, give them the same tier, and leave it at that?

Yeah that’d basically be changing nothing lol (well we still need to give a good look at the corruption thingy but that’s for a different CRT as mentioned earlier). I agree with the matter, normally I’d go by feats but the last special was so inconsistent with itself and didn’t explain anything that we don’t have much choice but to go with the previously established lore of Celestialsapien DNA being one of the strongest things in the verse (because Vilgax wanted it so bad even after having a form that was easily manhandling Ben’s strongest forms).

Edit: I don’t even know why he scales above Way Big, I never even okay’d the creation of Reboot Alien X’s page since that was still under discussion. He should just be superior to Alien V to an unknown degree.

I don't mind a hypothetical Giant Alien X being stronger than Giant Alien V, I wouldn't care if Alien X was superior to normal Alien V by an unknown degree. I don't agree with Alien X scaling above Alien V (I already explained why Vilgax gaining more power through the DNA isn't inconsistent before) but I only care about removing the scaling of Way Big. There's nothing to say that all three are comparable as Way Big had the edge over Giant Alien V, and Cosmic Ray just destroyed him.

but I only care about removing the scaling of Way Big.
Oh really? This thread could have gone a lot quicker then lol. That said Firestorm does have a point that he could have defeated an alt. Way Big before, but I'd only use that as extra justification in the form of a possibly indeed.

Oh really? This thread could have gone a lot quicker then lol. That said Firestorm does have a point that he could have defeated an alt. Way Big before, but I'd only use that as extra justification in the form of a possibly indeed.
Except that doesn't make sense because Reboot Ben scales above the Bens Alien X fought since he said that he was more impressive after their second fight. If Alien X defeated an alternate Way Big, it should not scale to this Way Big.

Can I go make the change now?

Thank you.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back