• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alien X 3-A Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. It seems like this issue is too dependent on subjective interpretation to have a clear answer. Should we use "At least 3-A, possibly/likely Low 2-C" as a compromise solution?
At this point with all the back and forth, I'm fine with that compromise.

Uh, pretty sure we never tier feats like this. It usually has to be "show power in one single instance with one move" in order to qualify for it since if you aren't using it in one instance, that implies you aren't able to actually unleash that level of power in a single attack. Destroying or recreating a universe by large sections at a time sounds like high level 3-B.

Not that I necessarily agree with Alien X being lower than 3-A, but it is a good point to bring up nonetheless.
I dont remember single instance actually being a condition but rather just one move, since attack potency is after all measure of energy output of one move but not 1 instance. Not being able to do it in 1 instance would just mean that creation AOE isn't immediately universal, as to not cover the universe in a moment its created, though I am talking about single attack, if its done in multiple attacks then yeah it definitely isn't 3-A. That would be 3-A since overall energy output of 1 attack was exhausted after creation/destruction of universe, any lower and it would exhaust before universe is created.
That's not true at all, a character that can destroy five Continents one Continent at a time isn't High 6-A, he's 6-A, seems like you're just arguing semantics as to what "one move" is.

From the video, he's individually creating clusters of galaxies, a 3-B could do the exact same thing.

But regardless, as pointed out by Zamasu_Chan, it doesn't change anything, so it doesn't matter
Sure, but if a character can destroy five continents through destroying one continent at a time with a single attack, it would just be lower speed and AOE but energy output would remain High 6-A since single attack energy output was enough until all 5 Continents are destroyed. Not really, 1 move is just 1 attack, nothing semantics about it. Same principle can apply for creation too.

And he is creating said cluster of galaxies while performing a single creation move? A 3-B would require multiple moves to actually create a universe due to not possessing sufficient enough energy to do so in single move.

Fine.

Last edited:
A compromise solution implies like it wasn't and isn't a mistake to let every user in to comment rather than just staff and exceptions, and every reminder of how long the thread is they said, every derailing image and thing wrong for basic reasons they said is just something we have to deal with, and I find that quite demoralizing. There are other things that I find we do wrong with Alien X but they don't upgrade him and so I would much rather keep them to myself and avoid half of how the wiki displays to function in this thread. Even the OP points out how a prior Ben 10 CRT was beyond meme'd and derailed and how this thread needed to be made as it couldn't come of as a natural continuation of the former thread, does that not ring any bell?

We can apply that compromise solution, but it should be immediately followed by a staff thread going over the topic where non-staff talk off-thread to organize their beliefs as direct, to the point comments, with exceptions.

I agree with Eficiente here.
Random users arguing back and forth forever does not necessarily mean the compromise is the best solution, it might just mean that the argument needs to be more neatly organized and moderated.
A debate usually only has so many rounds, and it's for this reason.
Threads like this which devolve and/or derail quickly historically have been, and should be discussed in a staff-only thread.

That's just my two-cents. This thread is so needlessly long that I don't even have an opinion, because analyzing both sides became impossible without dedicating my whole night to reading it carefully.

Shouldn't it be all Ben 10 franchise knowledgeable members instead.
Knowledgeable members should be able to organize an argument beforehand and ask to post it as far as I understand.
It will prevent back-and-forth though, and ensure low-quality posts aren't there to clutter the thread.

Knowledgeable members should be able to organize an argument beforehand and ask to post it as far as I understand.
It will prevent back-and-forth though, and ensure low-quality posts aren't there to clutter the thread.
Yes, pretty much. Only the most knowledgeable members along with our staff should comment there to avoid uncontrolled spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back