• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alicorn Blackjack (Project Horizons) vs Post Resurrection Legate

JohnConquest1

Fallout Equestria Nerd
He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Been wanting to do this fight that was robbed from PH readers for a while now. Also in a drought for match up ideas, and kinda hope this attracts more FoE nerds to the forum/wiki.

Today, Post Resurrection Legate is finally gonna get a decent chance to strut his stuff in a fight. Let's just say Blackjack doesn't have her thiccums plot armor fate ability in play. So she likely won't make Legate reverse talk no jutsu himself to death. Obviously she also doesn't have any outside help either.

Info:
This is Chapter 74/Alicorn Blackjack vs Post Resurrection Legate
Location is the same as it was in Project Horizons where they briefly fought. (Lower depths of the core.).
No prep time for either. (Though Blackjack enters this fight far less injured than she was in canon.).
Blackjacks wack ass Fate Powers are restricted.
Speed is unequal.
Both are bloodlusted.
Starting distance is 100 feet. (Again similar to how it was in canon.)
SBA otherwise applied where possible.

Star Maiden:

Proditor:

blackjack, age 18, and legate vitosius, age 10,200, surrender and give themselves up to the authorities. they are both now serving life sentences:

Blackjack Legate

I guess I should give some contextual clarification for normies who haven't read PH or don't remember PH (It's a maddening read). Super Whorse and Reanimated Occult Horse here are fighting in an underground setting. If you've seen Futurama's old New York think that but infinitely more deadly because of it's passives. Both resist everything that makes the location such a death trap so the encroached physical space is the only role the location will play.

Feelings and Logistics of the fight:
As hinted at early both know and have fought against each other various times before. They hate the shit out of each other and both would like almost nothing more than to see the other as a carcass. I think even if I didn't bloodlust them they'd be running into the fight with the same mindset but I wanted any sense of morality or overconfidence taken off the discussion. To also clarify both are gonna have a clear view of the other before the fight starts. Meaning Legate won't get the jump on Blackjack like he did in canon.

Blackjack's perspective:
Heading into the fight itself I would have to give an ever so slight prior knowledge advantage to Blackjack. While the Legate did see and fight against this Blackjack in his prior form. She really didn't bust out a lot of her more broken hax to an extent. In fact it could be argued that Blackjack in said prior fight was forced to play a more supporting role because of her friends either getting killed or being put in near lethal danger. A good example of this when an Alicorn was nearly killed by a glancing blow from the Legate but Blackjack herself just got right back into the fight. Alicorn are well known for being a decent bit stronger on all accounts than most ponies, even those in power armor. The sheer size and formation of the Legate in his prior form required a team and a team mentality to approach him at all. My point is that there were a lot of circumstances going against Blackjack when she was fighting the giant form. Not even regarding the fact she wanted to conserve ammo for Folly and her prior injuries from traversing the cores lower depths. Here in a more or less no holds bar fair fight against a much more manageable Legate I can't imagine she'd be as pressured or restricted as she was in the story.

Another point that would tip this in her favor is that if we use the latest version of each then Blackjack will be walking into this fight with a variance of hax Legate doesn't know about and can't counter. While we know that the Legate should have some natural degree of resistance to mindhax, Blackjack was able to briefly give the guy keeping him on an ethereal leash pause with it. This same leash holder is a member of a species who are nigh omniscient and can see into nearly every timeline at a 3D level. This mindspell gave Blackjack enough time to harm this godlike creature in question before it could break out of it, so I have no doubt that she'll have enough time to end the fight in scenarios where this does land. The problems start stirring up when the commonality of those instances are discussed. Blackjack only used this spell one time, and even then she wasn't even sure that it would work in the first place. It's not an ability she's prone to using, though it is worth talking about because of Legates lack of counter to it.

Getting into the fights start, because she knows Legate and in most of her prior fights with her he was unarmed I'd imagine Blackjack would just do whatever she can to fight him at a range, specifically teleporting away or maybe putting up a shield, the former being heavily spammed. Its once again time where I have to bring up context for their previous encounter for PH readers because if Blackjack did this when she had her critically wounded friends with her, they would've all died, and so she took a beating that nearly killed her instead. Without anyone else around her yeah I think teleporting away and getting distance is going to be at the tippity top of Blackjack's mind. Theres no one else there for Legate to beat on that'll give Blackjack that kind of guilt trip pause.

Finally because of her prior knowledge of how Star Metal based weaponry can interact with souls I can see Blackjack entirely maining the sword and folly for this fight and nothing else. Besides mindhaxing thats her best way of deal with Legate.

Legate's perspective:
I hinted at this when talking about Blackjack but despite his justifiably high intelligence he mainly just tries to overwhelm his opponents in fights. In part do to the ridiculous regeneration he is allowed, especially now as his soul is no longer technically attached to his body. That said he's a perceptive fighter that tries to get a good idea of his opponent and what they're capable of. This is easily accomplished for him by just overwhelming his opponent and taking advantage of his regenerative abilities to query his opponents. Given who his opponent also is, and fearing the legitimacy of the Star Maiden ideology his master told him dilute the truth of, its very likely he'll try to abuse pressure points to disable his opponent or break her horn. Physically he's the superior of the two as well, both in speed and AP. It's also not like he doesn't know to watch out for the Star Metal weapons either, pre apocalypse he was working as a scientist that researched the substance. He is one of the verses premiere knowledgeable when it comes to the substance. The one problem is that even with everything said here, his desire to kill Blackjack being entirely pushed to its extreme, he still really likes to gloat. Like it's his own gloating that got him killed right as he was about to finish off Blackjack. I said nothing like that would happen but it's reasonable to say that his gloat and ego could blind him.

Back