• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quake (Avengers Alliance) vs Cognitum (Project Horizons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnConquest1

Fallout Equestria Nerd
He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Nick Fury catches wind of a violent new hacker group that has stolen highly valuable data from privitized instutions. Upon catching on of the groups members Shield is hacked into and broadcasts a video of their leader cyborg """Blackjack""" taunting mortals for their ineptitude, as several shield agents in the room along, violent begin to convulse blood before colapsing and dying of a slow prolonged death, later revealed to be due to their internal organs being completely destroyed. As the victims die, """Blackjack""" reveals their current location, the heartland of Russia's supposed "Dead mans hand", and how they had been working on a device that would forciblly project their will upon all biological life on the planet.

With no other choice that isn't potentially comprimised or isn't up to the armorment task, Nick secretly enlists the aide of one of his closest confidant Quake to encounter this """Blackjack""" rogue and prevent them from causing a global catastrophe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Irrelevant backstory over.

This is Cognitum vs Quake
Quake is 8-A for this fight.
Speed is Equalized (Though it should bear mentioning that Cognitum can still perception amp.).
Starting Distance is 10 meters.
Standard Battle Assumptions otherwise (Again meaning ignore the backstory, only put it there for flavor.).

Body Snatcher and Identity Thief:
Nick Furys' BFF: 2 (Colonel Krukov, JohnConquest1)
idk lol:

901743.png
Quake_Portrait_Art.png

Last edited:
Not that it really matters, but us Quake 8-A or High 6-B here?

Quake probably leads with blasting sonic energy at Cognitum, seeing as she has obvious ranged attacks.

Cool.

So Quake leads with her sonic blasts seeing it's fairly obvious Cognitum has ranged attacks, what does she lead with?

Using the turrets there to shoot, setting up a forcefield to protect herself as she loads Folly. She doesn't run away a lot and I doubt she will here. She's stupidly head strong and reckless for her intelligence in a scrap due to believing she has the power to pull fate into her favor.

How would fate manip work against Quake?

It doesn't, its something, she believes she has and that she successfully stole from Blackjack when in reality Cognitum potentially has nothing of the sort. It's something that she's completely wrong about in how it functions anyways. To explain, Cognitum believes it Blackjack's ability is to always win, when in reality, it's better described as curse that keeps those afflicted with it around to suffer perpetually should they have something or someone to suffer for them.

Even if she did have Blackjacks ability it likely wouldn't kick in because Cognitum is an extremely selfish person/character, unlike Blackjack who is literally at some points suicidally addicted to committing perceivably selfless actions.

I see. How about her 3-A attack?

Its a gun that siphons energy from a small scale big bang caused by mixing 2 materials operating on opposing magical frequencies and causing them to combust. These materials are the essences of Star Spirits, the oldest and strongest beings in the universe, and probably the second strongest beings in the FoE verse as a whole barring The Dealer.

To led further credence to the weapons tier, the more potent and mailable of the two materials, Star Metal, can be crafted into weaponry (by those descended from stars, ie Luna, and Celestia.) that can harm a pre apocalypse Discord. A Discord who should be much stronger than his canon counterpart due to being empowered by a world war.

tl;dr of the tl;dr creates and shoots beams that are powered by a miniature localized big bang. harms and erases everything even at a spiritual level.

Last edited:
Does she lead with it? She kinda needs to otherwise she's potentially getting one shot by Quake's sonic blasts

Depends, she'll probably try taunting or talking down to Quake as she fights.

I see. I mean, Quake is straight up going to attack her, so what does she do to dodge/counter?

Typically she flys around above her opponent and sends in the gun turrets on her sides to attack, as they can be detached and operated remotely.
But again, she's pretty condescending so I'd wager her getting clipped is really plausible here.
On the other hand, she should be able to restrain Quake with her Telekinesis. Something she was pretty quick to use in the one fight she participated in.

I should mention that the one fight Cognitum fully takes part in while like this (Chapter 74) had some pretty out there emotional baggage attached to her.

Like I said earlier she tends to gloat a lot normally, as in outside of that one fight, in the context of how she communicates with other characters. How Quake responds to that will have an affect on how quickly she starts taking the fight, outside of pure knowledge or analyzing.

I mean, she probably starts blasting her with her sonic powers straight up

Cognitum flying and having access to S.A.T.S. (Which is activated by thought.), could give some degree of help I guess. How do Quakes sonic powers function? Does she typically use hand gestures to fire them?

They're channelled through the gauntlets she wears.

So aim dodging is possible. How would removing them affect her abilities.

I mean, she can create a pretty big cone. Without it I'm not 100% sure, but she can still fire blasts of sonic energy.

How big would be pretty important because it's pretty common for telekinesis users in general in FoE to try and disarm their opponents with their powers. Commonly ejecting magazine clips and the like.

Thats a pretty big area of effect.
Something I also forgot to mention but is likely irrelevant, but destroying the body won't destroy Cognitum completely if she she has the turrets detached. She can exist as a being of pure data. Not trying to reach and say that'd happen more often than not but just bringing it up anyways.

But yeah window of Cognitum winning gets smaller the more I see. Her best option is folly but her most likely option is going for those bracelets. In either case theres a lot going against her.

If she becomes a being of data, is there anyway she can re-assemble herself with the time limit?

She can possess any machinery she's previously had direct access to, it's even implied that neural devices would allow her to possess any host body she's attached to. For context when she got ripped out of Blackjack the goal was to compress her into the smallest file size possible so it'd be impossible to decrypt herself in time to escape this locations destruction.

Said compression plan fails immediately and she completely possesses the entire base almost instantly after the transfer.

Should mention the reason they didn't delete Cognitum was because of time (transfer was faster.), risk of Cognitum residue data in Blackjack's body, and the goal of getting Blackjack's body back for good being top priority and extremely personal for Blackjack (Blackjack was pregnant when Cognitum stole her OG body, and the AI wanted to claim the kids as her own.).

I see, so would that really apply anyway here?

Any opinion on who'd win?

Atm I'm leaning towards Quake because she seems to have a better chance of hitting Cognitum, especially since she seems to be cocky and not taking the fight seriously.

I'm pretty sure Quake would win 6/10 times, so yeah going with her. Theoretically she could pin Quake down with her telekinesis but I struggle to see it being a lead for her.

I believe unanimous votes can get added immediately right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back