• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
DeathNoodles said:
Average country population is 34,000,000. Mordor is a rather large country but still.

Kaltias said:
Even then if it takes decades worth of efforts for someone whose mind hax is ~ 900 000 to mind hax you, you aren't getting mind haxed instantly by someone whose potency is +30% compared to that.

It's like saying that if you can take no damage after being used as a punching bag from a baseline 7-A for a decade, you'd be one shot by a 150 megatons punch
"aren't getting mind-haxed instantly by someone whose potency is +30%" Maybe not instantly, but since it's technically still a superior mind-hax, Talion would fall to it sooner or later. And population of 900,000 for Sauron was a highball mind you. It could be less than that for all I know.

900,000 is not a highball by any means. It is an estimate based on assumption after assumption.

The population?

See above. Even if we assume Mordor is functionally an average country and not, in fact, a factory of war built upon the idea of mass-producing soldiers in a constant stream to simply overpopulate the surrounding countries, 34,000,000 is average population of a country in the world.

Either way, if you guys aren't giving a solid enough evidence on the population of Mordok (due to it being vague, like mentioned here), then we might as well stick to Sauran's notable (as in, not so vague) feats, which is mind-haxing an army and 9 people.

That might as well be inferior to Mercer's mindhax, based from that.

It's a country... littered with orcs. Each and every region in Mordor has it's own and functional uruk army.

While i'm against saying that the population is 34 000 000 comparing it to modern countries (given that it's essentially a medieval country) let's consider this for a second.

Mordor essentially amounts to a country wide breeding center for soldiers. It is the biggest and strongest nation of the Middle Earth.

The population of England after the Hundreds Year War (Aka 120 years of slaughter and war effort) was 3 millions.

So unless this giant country that no one even consider beatable from a military standpoint has a population that it's a third of an irl country that at the time was on the brink of ruin...

Especially with how big that is (I mean it's supposedly 100 miles from the Black Gate to Barad Dur which isn't even that far into Mordor)

My calculations for Mercer's mindhax was taking account of Manhattan alone.

If we're including Brooklyn and Staten Island into this, it could very well be at around the 3 million population.

Taking to account that the Uruks holds every region here, i'd say it would be much, much higher than 900,000

I'm not really certain, but what I do know is that Sauron can undo Celeb's moral/mind hax the re-"dominate" them again instantly without contact.

Okay? Either way, we are running on too many assumptions for Sauron's mindhax potency (while Mercer's is quite valid).

Either this match becomes inconclusive, or everything becomes more complicated.

I mean... he still has to answer to time+moral hax

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
I mean... he still has to answer to time+moral hax
And what do those do, exactly?

How is the moral HAX for Talion any different from Mind Manipulation? Is the differences shown, or?

And what type of time hax does Talion have?

And even if Talion has those, Mercer has his own version of hax, which are the disease and biological type. Talion may have resistance to influences on the mind, but the same wouldn't apply to the body...

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
A minute or so...
His Regenerationn should allow him to survive the combo of attacks, and he'll have a minute of consuming targets from his surroundings to replenish his biomass.

And each time Mercer gets hurt, his Reactive Evolution (even if it's a bit limited as stated in his profile, but it should still be combat applicable) would mean that his resistance to the physical attacks would increase each time he gets attacked by the combos, thus his durability should get increased in the process each time.

Either way, this match either becomes inconclusive, or it becomes very complicated as a result of who beats who with each having different HAX (that none has resistance to. Mercer not having resistance to time slow, and Talion not having resistance to disease and biological manipulation).

I mean... Talion is affected by it, but not Celebrimbor.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
I mean... Talion is affected by it, but not Celebrimbor.
Based from Talion's profile, and the arguments in this thread, Talion pretty much only gets help from Celebrimbor via soul-based resurrection each time he dies.

And unless Celebrimbor can deal with magical viruses that violates the laws of physics and biology, as well as being able to handle Biological Manipulation, he would not be able to help Talion from getting incapacitated by Mercer's biological HAX.

Evidence... I guess? I dunno, I just thought that you'd ask.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
Evidence... I guess? I dunno, I just thought that you'd ask.
Okay? And how does Celeb fight back exactly, when Talion's body gets incapacitated?

Edit: Also, I need to go to bed. I'll be back for this later.

DeathNoodles said:
And exactly how much is that?
How much is "most" of the Uruks being mindhaxed?
My man

Of course we can't give an exact number, you cannot give the exact population of Manhattan/New York, either. Mordor is a heavily populated country with ridiculous population density. Using the average country population is a lowball.

Vote count? I assumed that Deathnoodle voted for Inconclusive

I don't know, but I don't think most of the votes for Talion are valid as most of them probably didn't even take Mercer's Absorption into consideration (which also helps to continuously sustain his Regenerationn speed to its peak when taking damage), which can work on physical contact.

Ok I've seen all of this above and.....

I will change my vote back to Inconclusive, this is too much of a throw up in the air now. >_>

Back