• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
> Mordor population

> There's at least a few characters capable of giving Talion trouble at much later tiers

Alex... might have an issue.

Just maybe.

Ok then fair enough there, but does Talion have resist to Alex's mind hax and infection? I think Cerem wouldn't let Talion go insane or be infected but I'm not sure how or if he could.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
Mordor's population mostly consists of these

And this
...Those are getting absorbed by Mercer upon making physical contact.

Anyways, you have anything for Talion's resistance to Disease Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, or Mind-Hax (through infection)?

I doubt that the first two would do anything against soul based resurrection.

Talion doesn't resists mind hax however

Kaltias said:

It does as it ties in with Mercer's Mind-Hax (to a certain extent).

Just in case though, how does his soul-based resurrection work exactly? Does it simply recreate his entire body from scratch, through his soul, upon death, or?

Also, Mercer infecting a target and turning them into an infected wouldn't necessarily kill them, they'll just either become a mindless monster... Or be under his control.

It's unknown how it works. We just see that Talion is dead, and after a while he is back on his feet.

But considering that he can come back after being killed by a Graug/Caragor (which means being eaten afterwards) as well as the fact that the Uruks can't kill him for good, i'd say that killing Celebrimbor is needed.

It's kinda like type 8 reliant on Celebrimbor, in a way

Kaltias said:

He does. He is resisting Sauron's influence since the time he put the other ring.

DeathNoodles said:
Kaltias said:

Just in case though, how does his soul-based resurrection work exactly? Does it simply recreate his entire body from scratch, through his soul, upon death, or?

Also, Mercer infecting a target and turning them into an infected wouldn't necessarily kill them, they'll just either become a mindless monster... Or be under his control.
Or the target gains new abilities like Heller does?

Anyway Tailon FRA.

Right, forgot about that.

>Checks Talion's profile

>No separation of abilities between keys

Welp, gotta fix that. Maybe i'll do a CRT for abilities in general

Or the target gains new abilities like Heller does?

Anyway Tailon FRA.

Unless Talion happens to have resistance to Disease Manipulation and Biological Manipulation, that isn't how it works.

When Mercer infected Heller, he did so with the intentio of giving Heller infected powers.

And Mercer controls all traces of the Blacklight Virus at the molecular level, so Talion gaining new abilities would fail there.

Even in SoM, Sauron's mind hax works on armies.

He has mind hax comparable to Celebrimbor with the New Ring

Kaltias said:
Even in SoM, Sauron's mind hax works on armies.

He has mind hax comparable to Celebrimbor with the New Ring
And what are the amount of those armies?

And how potent is Celebrimbor's mind-hax?

I mean, I dunno. I was just pointing out that it's >>>> 9 people

Enough to enslave most of the Uruks of Mordor

There are no known numbers but that's the scale

ByAsura said:
@Deathnoodles

Riley also said that much of the blacklight virus in his system should have killed Heller.

I don't think they directly state why, but it's probably Heller's "annoyingly resilient DNA."
And how does that prove anything? If anything, that shows that surviving something like that is an exception, not a common occurrence. And that is Heller's feat, not Talion's. So you can't exactly scale Talion to Heller, as they are both completely different people, technically.

@Deathnoodles

You misunderstand. I was trying to prove your point about Mercer's virus being lethal when he wants it to be, not disprove anything you said.

ByAsura said:
@Deathnoodles

You misunderstand. I was trying to prove your point about Mercer's virus being lethal when he wants it to be, not disprove anything you said.
Oh, Okay. I thought you were trying to disapprove the Blacklight Virus' lethality there. Sorry about that. ^_^;

Kaltias said:

I mean. Did the books ever establish the army size of Mordor? It is pretty clearly well above the thousands, considering the scale of their assaults.

The books did, but SoM didn't.

And given that it has differences we only use stuff directly referenced in SoM.

For example, SoM! Sauron is 6-B because the 6-B feat is referenced, but Talion isn't High Hypersonic scaling from canon Sauron because that feat isn't referenced.

Granted, there are still enough Uruks in Mordor to continue a civil war for decades, and after that Mordor still has the military strength to launch a full scale invasion of the Middle Earth, so they are quite a lot

Kaltias said:

If you don't know the numbers, then I'll have to assume the numbers for an "army", especially since we don't know the population for the denizens in Mordor.

I'm going to highball the army mind-hax a bit and say that it would be as much as a military army group/front (which is roughly 100,000 people). Since we don't know how much the ring amps Sauron, let's just double it to be safe, make it 9 times the amount (because why not for the 9 kings feat and all that, even then I'm highballing it a bit). That'll make it 900,000 worths of people.

Now, there's this problem. Merced can control the minds of the entire infected in Manhattan, which makes up 81% of its population. The timeline in Prototype 2 takes place in 2010. Manhattan's population in 2010 is around 1,585,873. Times that by 81% and you get 1,284,557.

In terms of Mindhax, mindhaxing a population of roughly 1,280,000 > 900,000. With the latter is what Sauron is.

As such, in terms of Mindhax, Mercer > Sauron. And due to how Mindhax operates in this site, potency matters most of all. So, Mercer's Mindhax would overwhelm Talion's resistance to Mind Manipulation (sure, he resisted Sauron's mindhax for decades... But that's a bit unquantifiable). All in all, Mercer's mindhax should work on Talion simply due to the fact that there's evidence for Mercer's Mind Manipulation being superior to Sauron's. Thus, Mercer infects Talion then mindhaxes him.

Kaltias said:
The books did, but SoM didn't.
And given that it has differences we only use stuff directly referenced in SoM.

For example, SoM! Sauron is 6-B because the 6-B feat is referenced, but Talion isn't High Hypersonic scaling from canon Sauron because that feat isn't referenced.

Granted, there are still enough Uruks in Mordor to continue a civil war for decades, and after that Mordor still has the military strength to launch a full scale invasion of the Middle Earth, so they are quite a lot
Even in game there are fortresses with hundreds and districts have at least a thousand each, I'd estimate, probably an absurd amount more. But fair enough.

I dont remember if theyre actually called districts but I think youll know what I mea

DeathNoodles said:
Literally none of that can be used due to the sheer number of assumptions.

Fact is, Mordor is a country sized aea.

Even then if it takes decades worth of efforts for someone whose mind hax is ~ 900 000 to mind hax you, you aren't getting mind haxed instantly by someone whose potency is +30% compared to that.

It's like saying that if you can take no damage after being used as a punching bag from a baseline 7-A for a decade, you'd be one shot by a 150 megatons punch

But is also a deserted and fiery wasteland, but other than that Mordor itself is populated by Uruks

Again just gonna point out that Mordor almost certainly has a higher population than suggested considering in literally every area there are armies, meaning high population density regardless of location IN Mordor, and it is a country.

Literally none of that can be used due to the sheer number of assumptions.

Fact is, Mordor is a country sized aea.

And yet we don't even know the exact population for Mordor.

We do for Manhattan.

Mercer's 1,280,000+ mindhax feat is still valid.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
But is also a deserted and fiery wasteland, but other than that Mordor itself is populated by Uruks
Yes.

Enough Uruks that it is literally hard to move through the terrain of Mordor without running into some encampment.

Back