• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer VS Solution Epsilon (Prototype VS Overlord)

Both are man-eating ooze with busted hax, but who will come out on top? The Blacklight Virus OR The Prison of Dissolution

KEYS AND VERSION

Alex Mercer | First Key (9-A)

Solution Epsilon | Only Key (9-A)
Alex-Mercer-alex-mercer-34281369-679-1035.jpg
iu

Alex Mercer
"One Virus. Three weeks. Millions dead. And I was there. My name was Alex Mercer, and my work is almost done."
Tier: 9-A, higher with Whipfist, Claws, Hammerfist, even higher with Musclemass multiplier, Blade and Devastators
AP/Dura: 2.356e8j via this feat, higher Whipfist, Claws, Hammerfist, even higher with Musclemass multiplier, Blade and Devastators
Striking Strength: See Above
LS: Class M via this feat, higher with Musclemass
Speed: Subsonic Travel Speed (Can outrun AH-64 Apache Helicopters), with at least Hypersonic Combat And Reaction Speeds

Intelligence: Genius (Is not a brute, and is capable of exceptional feats of intellect; Able to defeat the Supreme Hunter more than once, despite the Supreme Hunter being a duplicate of him that is consistently much more powerful than him, among other examples. Should also have some of the knowledge and memories of the original Dr. Alexander J. Mercer, but not all of them yet, so he is not yet as intelligent), higher with Absorption (His intellect grows as he consumes people, memories and skills, and so he should have all the intelligence of his victims by extension should be extremely well versed in military procedures, protocols, and tactics and combat combined with his own baseline intelligence. Knowledgeable in a variety of different fields of science as well from consuming dozens of scientists. He is fully capable of utilizing nearly any military asset including tanks and helicopters after consuming hundreds of soldiers)
Stamina: Infinite
Range:
Extended Melee Range, Several Meters with shockwaves, Tens of Meters with Whipfist. Devastators can cover sizable areas. Possibly Tens of Kilometers with tendrils
Weaknesses: Reminding him of his human life will cause him to relapse into a flashback, paralyzing him. Can be easily enraged. The less biomass in his body, the slower his regeneration will be.

Solution Epsilon
"I am a preying type ooze. Time is limited, so I must swallow you now."
Tier: At least 9-A, likely far higher
AP/Dura: 4.42395e8j via this feat
Striking Strength: See Above
LS: Class 25 (Comparable to CZ2128 Delta who could break multiple layers of thick chains)

Intelligence: Combat-smart. As a specialized assassin, Solution has professional knowledge in traps detection, pursuit, scouting and use of poison in combat. With extensive acting skills, she is also good at disguising not only appearance, but her own nature.
Speed: At least Supersonic (Upscales from characters who parry machine gun fire), likely Supersonic+ (May or may not be comparable to Albedo)
Stamina: Infinite
Range:
Unknown

iu

Midnight Atop one of these Hong Kong Towers.

Starting distance is 20 meters Apart.

Humans do populate the area, and the combatants can use them as they see fit.

BATTLE CONDITIONS

• Both characters are in character
  • Speed is NOT equalized
  • None of them will have prior knowledge of each other
  • Mercer has access to Whipfist, Claws, Hammerfist, Musclemass, Blade and Devastators. All are fully upgraded
  • Solution has access to her entire kit which include her assassin tools and poisons
  • Everything else is SBA

VOTINGS

CombatantsVotes
Alex Mercer - The Blacklight Virus
Solution Epsilon - The Prison of Dissolution
INCON

Last edited:
Even not mentioning Alex Mercer's Absorption via touch:

So uh, what's stopping this from being a stomp match the moment Alex Mercer penetrates her and infects her? Especially with speed unequalised?

Even not mentioning Alex Mercer's Absorption via touch:

So uh, what's stopping this from being a stomp match the moment Alex Mercer penetrates her and infects her? Especially with speed unequalised?
I believe Solution has Supersonic travel speed compared to Alex Mercer's Subsonic, but outside of that Solution has Intangibility as well as her own Absorption.

Also how is Alex going to respond to Acid Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, and Magic

😀

He was being Freaky on main.
But in all seriousness, that's basically what happens when anyone gets scratched/bitten by anything with the virus in the games/comics. In this key, piercing people is actually his go-to move at a ranged distance canonically.

I believe Solution has Supersonic travel speed compared to Alex Mercer's Subsonic, but outside of that Solution has Intangibility as well as her own Absorption.

Also how is Alex going to respond to Acid Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, and Magic

Alex Mercer is resistant to Absorption, and I don't recall Overlord anime or light novels mentioning that Solution has Absorption at the calibre of Alex's anywhere.

He is resistant to Poison, and Regeneration and Reactive Evolution can deal with Acid. For her Magic, I can't find out what hax she can even do with her Magic.

And how willing is she to use Intangibility in character? And is it based on a finite source like mana, or is it some physiological trait? Or is it something else?

Alex Mercer is resistant to Absorption, and I don't recall Overlord anime or light novels mentioning that Solution has Absorption at the calibre of Alex's anywhere.

And how willing is she to use Intangibility in character? And is it based on a finite source like mana? Or is it something else?
She uses a skill from her assassin class to melt into the shadows and then reemerge out of it. (Source) and I do believe it is based on a finite, but large pool of mana if I remember correctly (been some time since I have kept up with Overlord). Hopefully, the Overlord supporters will clarify.

She uses a skill from her assassin class to melt into the shadows and then reemerge out of it. (Source) and I do believe it is based on a finite, but large pool of mana if I remember correctly (been some time since I have kept up with Overlord). Hopefully, the Overlord supporters will clarify.
Cool!

But what does it mean by shadows here? Is it like, actual shadows in the absence of light (or it's basically some magic pseudo-shadows where it just gets conjured out of thin air)? And does she need to move into those shadows (sort of like "shadow walk"), or it can allow her to "melt into the shadows" without needing to move?

Cool!

But what does it mean by shadows here? Is it like, actual shadows in the absence of light (or it's basically some magic pseudo-shadows where it just gets conjured out of thin air)? And does she need to move into those shadows (sort of like "shadow walk"), or it can allow her to "melt into the shadows" without needing to move?
From what I remember from the anime, it is the absence of light. Other than that I got to defer to the Overlord supporters, because I can't remember

Mercer is WAY too haxed for Solution.

She can't kill him because her Absorption isn't that fast prove-ably, while he can one-tap her with his Absorption... spoiler alert, both of these characters are melee fighters, so Mercer being able to murk Solution instantly will come into play.

Solution's stealth being good enough to basically be invisible doesn't matter when she can't properly kill or incap Alex, and she'll be arrogant about it!

You could get all the Pleiades and throw them at Alex, and the only reason they'd stomp is because Sebas is Low 7-C and has unresisted mind hax.

Mercer is WAY too haxed for Solution.

She can't kill him because her Absorption isn't that fast prove-ably, while he can one-tap her with his Absorption... spoiler alert, both of these characters are melee fighters, so Mercer being able to murk Solution instantly will come into play.

Solution's stealth being good enough to basically be invisible doesn't matter when she can't properly kill or incap Alex, and she'll be arrogant about it!
She has Acid Manip & Magic. I don't remember Mercer really resisting the first one, and what type of magic is she packing?
You could get all the Pleiades and throw them at Alex, and the only reason they'd stomp is because Sebas is Low 7-C and has unresisted mind hax.
I assume you are talking about the 9-A Key right?

Only layers in Overlord are Ainz's Death Manipulation and the Staff stuff. It's not resisted because of a different power system.
Ah, okay.

I could've sworn resisting Mind Manipulation is assumed to work even on Mind Manipulation from different origin/nature by this site's standards, but this site must've changed its standards to assume that not all Mind Manipulation types can be resisted for resisting one type of Mind Manipulaton for all I know.

She has Acid Manip & Magic. I don't remember Mercer really resisting the first one, and what type of magic is she packing?
Acid wouldn't be enough, its not fast enough to be decent, but the only time she's used it is when she's being sadistic... AKA, it's probably faster than shown, but it requires Solution to touch Alex, which is not happening without her losing. As for magic... TBH I don't know why she has it, I can't particularly recall any time Solution actually casted anything, maybe it's because Nerberal, Entoma, and Lupisregina have casted solid magic? But nothing particularly dura neg.
I assume you are talking about the 9-A Key right?
Yes.
Ah, okay.

I could've sworn resisting Mind Manipulation is assumed to work even on Mind Manipulation from different origin/nature by this site's standards, but this site must've changed its standards to assume that not all Mind Manipulation types can be resisted for resisting one type of Mind Manipulaton for all I know.
Yeah Sebas' Mind Manipulation is a form of hypnosis

Magic is the only thing Solution has going for her right now which tbf is a pretty solid wincon. I've no idea how Mercer would respond to tiered magic.
Acid wouldn't be enough, its not fast enough to be decent, but the only time she's used it is when she's being sadistic... AKA, it's probably faster than shown, but it requires Solution to touch Alex, which is not happening without her losing. As for magic... TBH I don't know why she has it, I can't particularly recall any time Solution actually casted anything, maybe it's because Nerberal, Entoma, and Lupisregina have casted solid magic? But nothing particularly dura neg.

Yes.

Yeah Sebas' Mind Manipulation is a form of hypnosis
Whatever did happen to Overlord's powerscaling? It seems to have kind of died.

Magic is the only thing Solution has going for her right now which tbf is a pretty solid wincon. I've no idea how Mercer would respond to tiered magic.
If it has Durability Negation that can work around Mercer's Regeneration (which is also Mid-High over time based on his current profile) and inhuman physiology, then it has a possibility of defeating him.

If it doesn't... Then it can't due to lack of further feats.

Yeah... what magic?! Overlord does have issues where haxes on it's profiles are sometimes flat out lies that have stuck around, if Solution has Magic, it's just a statement and she's never used it!

Daily reminder regenning in hours is combat applicable, so Solution would have to literally reduce Mercer to his constituent atoms to properly kill him.
Whatever did happen to Overlord's powerscaling? It seems to have kind of died.
Ever since there's been two people working on it who have other verses(Parahumans for Apier and a whole slog of verses like World of Warcraft for me)

Keep in mind, I'm literally only responsible for Gazef's current profile and carrying most of the versus debates lol

Back