• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alduin's Abstract Existence

im not leaving this alone.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Varieties_of_Faith_in_Tamriel

"Alduin (The World-Eater):
Alduin is the Nord variation of Akatosh. He only superficially resembles his counterpart in the Imperial Eight Divines. For example, Alduin's sobriquet, "the World Eater," comes from myths that depict him as the horrible, ravaging firestorm that destroyed the last world to begin this one. Nords therefore see the god of Time as both creator and harbinger of the apocalypse. He is not the chief of the Nord pantheon (in fact, this pantheon has no chief, see "Shor") but its wellspring, albeit a grim and frightening one."
This states he is the god of Time outright (in TES, god is more of a fancier way of saying "abstract", Fa-Nuit-Hen even says that all gods are metaphysical abstracts)
so tl;dr he should be abstract for being Time.
Now just to clear up the "first-born of Akatosh!" line.
This is a line I'm supposing, based on what multiple people have said on other sites, is a line created by MK. (while I'm not sure on this)
if that didnt make it any more unreliable, it's one statement made by a gloatful Alduin that was most likely twisted around by mortals, as such dragonkind began to believe their "Bohramu" was Akatosh. Not Aka. And it interferes with lore established back in Morrowind. And considering Alduin has not done his ancient duty since thousands of years. I think its safe to say it's either an MK line or mortals twisted around who "Bohramu" was so much that dragonkind just believed it was Akatosh.

The problem is that Akatosh is already the embodiment of time, and Alduin just seems to be one of his aspects.

Alduin is hard to pin as there is little reliable information about him when compared to the other gods. And to be fair Varieties of Faith is not a compelling source.

Antvasima said:
The problem is that Akatosh is already the embodiment of time, and Alduin just seems to be one of his aspects.
Dragons believe that time is perfectly uniform, monolinear, and flows in one direction. Which according to them disproves two Time Gods. As such they believe Akatosh is the one and only Time God and nobody else can be Time God, when Alduin said that he was a Time God like Akatosh was, Parthurnaax revolted against him as he said he took the title that belonged to "Bohramu"

tl;dr, there are other embodiments of Time. they all act as one minisoul, if the other dragons werent literally molecules compared to the shards that Alduin and Akatosh were I could stretch it so far to say that they are in some stretch also embodiments. It was also said during Skyrim that dragons alone without any speciality were actual avatars of the Gods.

But Akatosh being the embodiment means absolutely nothing compared to the fact that dragons cannot understand that Time is not linear, it is not uniform. In fact in Mundus's case it's all over the place because of the Dragon Break.

I agree with Shazam123. This is turning very tiresome and repetitive to constantly deal with. I would appreciate if you permanently drop the subject.

Back