• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alduin's 2-A rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think that depends on whether we can power-scale to characters with non-destructive feats. You still haven't answered this (not trying to be impolite).

I am going to remain neutral on Alduin stat changes from now on. What a messy topic.

Raian seems to want a "possibly 2-A" rating, based on a unverifiable legend in which Alduin fights Shor's ghost and is defeated.

And as he says above another thing to consider here is whether or not power scaling works when the characters we are scaling from don't have actual combat/ destructive feats.

Also, he didn't just fight Shor's ghost. He fought Shor at the beginning of time as well. And Alduin was defeated in the second fight, yes. But we often regard just being able to put up a fight against a character as a feat. And yes, we've already discussed how it's unverifiable. Hence the "possibly." If we can power-scale to characters with non-destructive feats, then the upgrade might make sense. If we can't, then I agree it should remain as is.

If Lorkhan scales from Akatosh, and Alduin scales from Lorkhan, then yes, a "Possibly 2-A" might be in order.

However, if the legend is unverifable, it is probably best to avoid inserting the statistic.

Well, he is known as the God of all mortals. He was responsible for giving the Aedra (and the Elven races) their mortality, so I would say that's likely his concept.

I found a book in Skyrim saying he was opposite of Aka, as such he did not take grace in eternal time, instead he found purpose in infinite space.

And yes, it's considered by many in the TES community that the two are the concepts of time and space

"Unverifiable" despite being in a legend that reflects the history of nords, the death of Wulfrath (I can never remember how to properly type his name), and has been found across many books and used in the imperial library more than once. Even if unverifiable. We still scale Zeed to God despite no verification and we have a "possibly" stating which I heavily suggested using

None of what you pointed out means that it ever happened, that's why it's unverifiable. Not that I'm against it. If others think a bump in rating is required then fine.

I don't count MK's OOG work when it comes to vsbattle, but when I'm just talking about lore I usually don't have a issue with it. Apart from C0DA, that sucks :p

That makes sense. Well I think you have a good point on the matter of the upgrade, so I won't push it any further without other opinions. I would like to know what everyone thinks after all this though.

I think that an inverifiable myth seems like too uncertain a source to warrant an upgrade, and that this thread should preferably finally be closed. It has been going on for almost 2 months, and isn't leading anywhere.

literally everything says he fought shor. Half of what we have on TES is just myth and speculation made by most mortals.

hell the sermons written by bethesda are nothing but myth, lies, and all of that. however still considered canon.

Like I said, it should be possibly 2-A.

I've made the changes, also at the end of the SFOTA note I mentioned that the story is no longer needed to back up Alduin's Multiversal+ rating.

Also, I would think it would be appropriate to add his loss with Dreemurr back in, no?

His fight with Asriel took place in his 2-A rating.

I think it would be appropriate to add it back in now that his rating has returned

No, I do not think so. He is only a "Possibly 2-A", not a straight rating.

Anyway, since the profile has been edited, I will finally close this tiresome thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back