• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alduin's 2-A rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
"As he did at the beginning of time"

It implies the ghostless Alduin and ghostless Shor fought at the beginning of time as well.

Just to clarify Shezarrine are not avatars of Lorkhan, not in the sense I use the word avatar. Shezarrine are to Lorkhan what dragonborns are to Akatosh. When we see Daedra on Tamriel, those are avatars.

As to the song I really don't know what to do with it. I'm not sure enough personally what it is implying and I would suggest that well keep in mind that this is a folk song. People sing it in taverns and the like yes? It was created by mortal's eons after the events it covers. It's not exactly the most reputable of sources, let's all realise that.

After that... I don't know.

Eh I don't see how that does anything for the validity of the song. The USEP compiles all in-game information, regardless of how accurate it is to reality, they aren't fussed about battle boards etc.

I don't doubt that Alduin planned to conquer Mundus, that seems like something he would attempt. And just to be clear I personally think Alduin IS on par with the et Ada and I think he can "defeat" all of them if they intrude on his sphere of influence which is ending time; that is the reason he was able to defeat Dagon in the tale as Dagon was getting in the way of his mythic duty by trying to save pieces of Mundus.

However, I do not think there is enough clear and reliable information to award a 2-A rating, because such a rating requires a reasonable amount of evidence I believe. And Alduin's power is even more specialized than his fellow et Ada, that doesn't help. You see even when Alduin had his 2-A rating it was important to note that he was only that powerful in specific circumstances; this power wasn't something he could just use at will, in fact the plot of Skyrim was Alduin trying to ignore his divine role and we all saw how pathetic he was there. It makes him a poor combatant in vs debates and to a lesser extent the same rings true for the other et Ada.

Next week I'll replay the Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLC, see if I can find anything on Alduin.

Apocrypha seems like my best bet to where something like that might be. Too many damn books.

I found a small statement saying that Michael's stuff was out of game but still considered part of the lore of the franchise, such as his Many-headed-Talos. I doubt Aldudagga is different.

With the stuff saying that it goes against his creation in Lyg

The fact that Mehrunes + Dagon how he was made + came to be is incredibly obvious

So I went looking around wiki profiles, lore, library, songs, everything.

a LOT of stuff says he fought Lorkhan. Like a LOT.

I think we should just consider it canon at this point, I've gone looking at everything, and literally half of the stuff I've looked at relating to things with Alduin and Shor in it says he fought him at some point in time.

Did he fight Lorkhan's/Shor's Mundus avatar, or the true full-powered entity?

The only thing that says he fought a ghost is the song.

Ghosts rarely ever end up weaker as far as I know, in Skyrim they're simply just those who have unfinished deals on the mortal plane and suspending time there to deal with whatever then head on to a certain afterlife their pantheon believes in.

Okay, but that was not what I asked. All the Aedra and the Daedra are far weaker within Mundus. Beating one of them there is not nearly as impressive.

Isn't Alduin confirmed to be apart of the Nordic Pantheon, which includes Mara who is comparable to Akatosh.

SHouldnt Alduin be comparable to the other Nordic Pantheon gods in power?

He is just an aspect/avatar of Akatosh, and apparently at nowhere near full power within Mundus.

"Within the rules of Anu's Dream, we have c0das. These are infinite variations of its own history, which tend to center around a particular pattern of events, but nevertheless contain versions which do not. Think of it like prime numbers. Most integers are not prime (most c0das don't diverge much from the general pattern), but, within the infinite set of integers is an infinite set of primes (within the infinite set of c0das, an infinite amount of them do diverge from the general pattern)." - Model of the Godhead and it's contents

Infinite variations of history. Somewhere along the lines Aldudagga did happen.

Either way. Even with this I still doubt Aldudagga is canon. TES is an extremely fuzzy and hard verse to scale. Might as well be the hardest verse EVER.

Marvel is likely even more disordered and inconsistent.

doubt it. With marvel it's just different continuities and we just stick to that one continuity. With TES most of everything is one in the same and what a lot of stuff such as CHIM does is so fuzzy.

Well, Marvel has had hundreds of writers that all constantly contradict each other.

However on the site we have plenty of people who are knowledgeable about marvel + a lot of staff who know. With TES all we have is your growing knowledge me and Shazam + some others are feeding you (not trying to be offensive to that) + like 5 members who know and have the time to look at lore and play the games and barely any staff.

That's another reason I think TES is so hard to accurately rate. Too little knowledgable people are on the site and most of the et'ada are very vague. This verse isn't really trying to specify power, it's more about the interesting lore and complexity.

I suppose, but I do not think that we can scale Skyrim Alduin from him.

I was thinking that somewhere in the Aurbises that Satakal has on his scales, Seven Fights of the Aldudagga Might've happened. it seems what the c0da law is saying.

But if we did accept the c0da thing, I would prefer just making another profile for Alduin instead as it mightve been Alduin in a different Aurbis.

Personally i recommend against incorporating concepts like c0da into the wiki as they are boundless in theur interpretations and impossible to guage. c0da itself permits a truly infinite variation on the amaranth that has commonly been interpreted as 'anything is canon' which in a sense is true as confirmed by kirkbride, but this would power the TES verse out of proportions to the point of absurdity. I would like to add that i believe that the Aldudagga should be incorporated due to references in morrowind bloodmoon expansion to it. In the main quest you have to follow in the footsteps of this person who restored the elements to the skaal as they were stolen by the greedy man who was helped by a kingly leper in spite of the time god or something similar. Alduin should be comparable to akatosh for consuming the mundus multiverse at the end of a kalpa. Also it is to be noted that alduin remarks "even the daedra fear me!" In battle if you equip daedric armour. True this could be an exaggeration, but it doesn't seem unfounded.

i understand that. But the thing is Seven Fights of the Aldudagga Alduin seems to literally have a different personality than his Skyrim and other lore counterparts. as such when he says "****" and such. this is really not that common in TES.

I just really would treat him as a different profile because it's much different stuff in SFOTA then what is shown.

Well they have used the word 'bitch', there was a dremora willing to rape your corpse and a woman asked the fine for necrophilia in Cyrodill. What i meant anyway was that Alduin is prone to mood swings: hmm today i will consume everything, oh actually i feel more like ruling instead.

I believe the Seven Fights stories were written after Morrrowind, after MK left Bethesda full time. They expand upon ideas found in Morrowind not the other way around.

In any case the questionable canonicity of the Seven Fights is not the only issue, there are also sources in game that contradict it.

It's also unknown how powerful Dagon was in this scenario. Remember the power of the gods in TES is not like power in DBZ, rather it's nuanced and situational.

Like I said, personally if I were in charge of this I would make it an entirely seperate profile.

but Anu's c0da rule seems to suggest that most of everything you see is canon because infinite variations of history. So in one variation Seven Fights didnt happen, in another it did. so on and so forth.

So personally I think somewhere along the lines. Seven Fights of the Aldudagga did take place.

They used it during the meeting in High Hrothgar. However the thing is with that what happens between there may or may not be canon considering what you do can affect the storyline.

Just to clarify: c0da is one step above simple mundus parallel universes, more like parallel aurbic universes. This shows a far more boundless variation on not only the history, but also the cosmology.

Well, nevertheless, we generally tend to avoid alternative canon profiles, unless they are very prominent and distinctive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back