• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Air Man vs. Rayquaza (Masters of the Air) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Dr. Wily has developed a floating factory high above the clouds in order to build new robots for his robot army, and he has assigned Air Man to overlook the operation of the facility. However, high above the in the stratosphere, Rayquaza notices the floating base and descends upon it to blow these intruders out of the sky.

In the blue corner, we have Air Ma from the Mega Man series, and in the red corner, we have Rayquaza from the Pokémon franchise.

Air Man
600px-384Rayquaza E
-This is a fight to the death. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed outside help in this battle.

-The battle takes place in said floating factory, giving both a home-court advantage. (And for the sake of argument, let's just have Rayquaza not blow up the facility under Air Man's feet until he's at least defeated.)

-This is Composite Air Man, and Rayquaza starts in his Base form, however, Mega-Rayquaza is still an option for him.

-Speed is equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Rayquaza: 7 (Iapitus The Impaler, The real cal howard, Kiryu2012, GameHearo266, Edwardtruong2006, SamuraiSp00py, Xanxussama1010)

Air Man: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Huh. Legendary Pokemon have a thing for finding Wily's bases that are guarded by only one Robot Master I guess. Composite Air Man can fly, so that's a non issue. Air Man's size manipulation can block attacks from Mega Man, so I'm sure Rayquaza's attacks would certainly struggle. Also, think of it like this. For Rayquazza, a tiny blue metal thing is shooting air at him. For Air Man, it's HOLY MOTHER OF BLUES A GIANT GREEN SNAKE DRAGON KILL IT! Being a planet buster that's the size of a normal human has it's advantages. What I'm saying is, Air Man would go all out immidiatly and Rayquaza wouldn't if both are in character willing to kill ala SBA. While Air Man has that, Rayquaza has more variety. I'll wait for more input.

@The Smashor

Except Rayquaza likely would go for the kill because Air Man is technically invading its territory. This is similar to how in the Pokémon movie, Destiny Deoxys, when it attacked Deoxys multiple times for invading its territory, as well as in the anime episode, Where No Togepi Has Gone Before!, where it attacked the rocket ship Ash and his friends were in because they too were invading his territory. And with the scenario set up here, Air Man on Dr. Wily's base is literally no different from these two incidents. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Bumped because the air is super thin up here, guys.

Pokemon attacking Wily's robots again? That's quite an inconvenience.

One of the few Pokemon that I have an EX card of FRA.

And with that, the unanimous winner of this debate is Rayquaza! If there is anyone out there who believes there is a reason why Air Man could win, please speak now! If not, then I shall soon list the results in each character's profiles.

Back