• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

vs.

Speed Equalized

Well, Ainz death magic stuff doesn't take effect while time is frozen so if Regulus stops the time of himself then the death magic probably fails.

Well, Ainz death magic stuff doesn't take effect while time is frozen so if Regulus stops the time of himself then the death magic probably fails.
Regulus also doesn't resist time stop himself so... TBH either of Ainz's opening moves work here and they both lead to instant defeats unless Corneas literally wastes no time at all activating his own timestop, at which point Ainz just teleports away and waits it out... TBH it's an interesting match but a stomp at the end of the day

Regulus time stop on himself is passive, it's always active, been active for a 100 years.

This is assuming both are at their strongest anyway, meaning Regulus has his wives around.

Regulus time stop on himself is passive, it's always active, been active for a 100 years.

This is assuming both are at their strongest anyway, meaning Regulus has his wives around.
So Ainz can't death but he can time stop, anything stopping him from sniping the wives?

It'll stop the time stop from being a good idea and cause Regulus to just keel over from the death that got placed on him immediately

How would Ainz know about the wives? They can be like kilometers away, his wives are always with him like when he went to attack Emilia's village in the past, but they were outside the forest, nowhere near the battle scene.

You wouldn't put 2 and 2 together that they are even linked, is Ainz getting prior knowledge here, cause not only do the wives themselves not know they have Regulus heart, Regulus won't even admit to it, when called out, and it took Subaru who has experience dealing with other archbishops to figure his ability out.

How would Ainz know about the wives? They can be like kilometers away, his wives are always with him like when he went to attack Emilia's village in the past, but they were outside the forest, nowhere near the battle scene.

You wouldn't put 2 and 2 together that they are even linked, is Ainz getting prior knowledge here, cause not only do the wives themselves not know they have Regulus heart, Regulus won't even admit to it, when called out, and it took Subaru who has experience dealing with other archbishops to figure his ability out.
If they start with Regulus that's a pretty good indicator

That's assuming Ainz instantly puts 2 and 2 together and then decides to massacre all 79 of them, and also that the wives are close to him when the fight starts and not miles away.

Even they all die, he still gets 5 seconds of time stop, and assuming the wives are dead, this maniac is gonna go berserk and carpet bomb the whole area with water and sand, each droplet/grain being able to ignore durability.

How long does Ainz time stop last, and does he keep spamming it, if it's not indefinite.

Ainz is a bit of a master tactician in a 1v1, he's going to figure it out sooner or later, or just accidentally kill them with a summon, either or.

And Ainz ain't staying around for the rain of hell

Saying my two cents, wouldn't this match start with Regulus not even attacking first and just ranting at Ainz and saying that he violated his rights? I also know that Regulus has a tendency to face-tank attacks, so wouldn't that give Ainz ample time to, well, set shit up and/or escape from Regulus line of sight and think up of a plan to snipe the shit out of him from a massive distance away?

Saying my two cents, wouldn't this match start with Regulus not even attacking first and just ranting at Ainz and saying that he violated his rights? I also know that Regulus has a tendency to face-tank attacks, so wouldn't that give Ainz ample time to, well, set shit up and/or escape from Regulus line of sight and think up of a plan to snipe the shit out of him from a massive distance away?
Regulus is kinda a Karen but I doubt Ainz would go a vast distance away from him. At best he would separate himself and regulus by only a hundred meters like that's the farthest he would go on a one on one fight. Referencing his fight with shalltear.

Regulus is kinda a Karen but I doubt Ainz would go a vast distance away from him. At best he would separate himself and regulus by only a hundred meters like that's the farthest he would go on a one on one fight. Referencing his fight with shalltear.
If Ainz feels very threatened at all it is 100% in-character for him to teleport the full distance he can.

Actually, question. Can Ainz even affect Regulus with his shit?

... Of course, he can kill Regulus' wivies to immediately reduce Regulus' combat ability to zero since he can only use the dura-ignoring aspect of his ability with his wives alive and only thing he has access to in his wives-less state is his 5-second invulnerability that essentially gives him a sheer heart attack, but let's ignore this for now.

Well...when was the last time he pulled out a Joseph Joestar?
He always has an escape plan, tbh I think the last time he GTGO'd(when he could PDL anyone) is when he couldn't Wish shalltear's mind hax away, don't take my word on that though it's been a hot minute since I've read the later volumes

Actually, question. Can Ainz even affect Regulus with his shit?

... Of course, he can kill Regulus' wivies to immediately reduce Regulus' combat ability to zero since he can only use the dura-ignoring aspect of his ability with his wives alive and only thing he has access to in his wives-less state is his 5-second invulnerability that essentially gives him a sheer heart attack, but let's ignore this for now.
Dunno, my working theory is that if Ainz casts death on Regulus it'd just take effect once the time stop ends

I can imagine Ainz not even being human triggering Regulus, he is gonna rant about Ainz thinking he is better than him for being undead lol.

@Fanta No Regulus can use his durability ignoring stuff without the wives? Where did you get that from, the whole time he was being sent to the bottom of the earth he was thinking about getting out and murdering everyone, that with his ability, even 5 seconds he can ignore all the laws of the world, and kill everyone.

The issue was by that point he was already screwed, bones broken, insides a mush.

Honestly, I think it wouldn't do shit to Regulus, to be honest. Basically, his ability stops his time, freezing him into a state that can't be changed or affected, I think somebody once expressed that it is similar to type 4 acausality but at the same time not it.

I can imagine Ainz not even being human triggering Regulus, he is gonna rant about Ainz thinking he is better than him for being undead lol.

@Fanta No Regulus can use his durability ignoring stuff without the wives? Where did you get that from, the whole time he was being sent to the bottom of the earth he was thinking about getting out and murdering everyone, that with his ability, even 5 seconds he can ignore all the laws of the world, and kill everyone.

The issue was by that point he was already screwed, bones broken, insides a mush.
Also, really? My b, then.

Luckily Ainz resists much of Regulus's stuff besides his dura neg, but yeah Ainz would try death and see it doesn't work, though something like cry of the banshee would be deadly to Regulus cause it just nukes all his wives

All Regulus attacks negate durability, it's just innately how it works, due to their time being stopped, they just pass through whatever they hit.

Even Regulus breath is deadly, this is why even Reinhard had problems despite being way faster and precog, for 1 the insane danmaku where basically every grain of sand or droplet of water can kill you + plus he lays traps like leaving his breath around, in some sort invisible aoe thing.

Ainz prefers to let summons do any melee besides his fight with Shalltear and acting as momon, so they'd be his warning sign

So basically Regulus starts ranting about Ainz being an undead, thinking he is better than Regulus, and that he is satisfied with what he has, he doesn't have to be a monster yada yada.

Ainz goes for the usual time stop + grasp heart, it does nothing, now he is on guard, at this point Regulus gets agitated, talking about did Ainz just ignore him, die, Ainz uses summons see them all dying, then does the old Joestar technique?

Might actually play out like that due to Regulus personality, he would want to prove his superiority over the summons, to show that he is perfect and Ainz can't do jack to him.

So basically Regulus starts ranting about Ainz being an undead, thinking he is better than Regulus, and that he is satisfied with what he has, he doesn't have to be a monster yada yada.

Ainz goes for the usual time stop + grasp heart, it does nothing, now he is on guard, at this point Regulus gets agitated, talking about did Ainz just ignore him, die, Ainz uses summons see them all dying, then does the old Joestar technique?

Might actually play out like that due to Regulus personality, he would want to prove his superiority over the summons, to show that he is perfect and Ainz can't do jack to him.
Yeah, basically hit the nail on the head, at that point Ainz would start strategizing and such from what he knows, and if he spies on or sees the wives unaffected emotionally by his big ass summons and appearance then he may get suspicious of them... hmmm...

Damn fine match, right now I think Ainz could take it high diff? It really depends on how he treats any possible suspicion of the wives, cause if he teleports in, casts Cry of the Banshee, and teleports out he kinda wins, least that's how I see it

The wives location itself is also a major factor, cause as i said they could be miles away, during arc 5 they were close by, but that's cause Regulus was getting Emilia as his new wife so he was having a wedding and thus all of them were there.

And even without them, he can still use his ability for 5 seconds.

Hit and run tactics would annoy Regulus, he would probably start laying traps after seeing for a while, so Ainz could teleport away, and back, just to end up in Regulus breath attacks.

Second question! Where are the wives? Like... At the start of the battle, are they going to be out in the open or inside of a building? Will probably be the latter since that is where they will typically will be, but idk. We also don't know how far the wives are from Regulus, so they can be kilometers away from the battlefield, which I assume starts at central park.... Also, Regulus can totally pick up a random wife and put them under the protection of his ability for the entire match and rendering Ainz having no way to bypass his power - but Regu isn't smart enough to do so in actuality, but it is worth mentioning.

Should also mention that the wives receive no passive protection from Regulus' power, and they also have no idea that their lives are the things that powers his ability - heck, all of the wives are extremely willing to off themselves to spite Regulus, to be honest.

That's another thing if other women are around in the area, and they have a pretty face, he can just make them his new wives.

This battle has so many conditions to consider.

The wives location itself is also a major factor, cause as i said they could be miles away, during arc 5 they were close by, but that's cause Regulus was getting Emilia as his new wife so he was having a wedding and thus all of them were there.

And even without them, he can still use his ability for 5 seconds.

Hit and round tactics would annoy Regulus, he would probably start laying traps after seeing for a while , so Ainz could teleport away, and back, just to end up in Regulus breath attacks.
Yeah that is important, I think Ainz wins if they're nearby but Regulus wins if they're far.

If Ainz is seeing his summons go down to Regulus's breath I doubt he'd teleport anywhere hear the same spot twice

Yes, by stopping his time, he also stops himself from experiencing change, which is why his clothes don't get wet, he can't be harmed, doesn't age etc etc.

This also seems to extend beyond his physical body as its stated vs all the other archbishops, Regulus would be the sole survivor if they fought, and Sirius has passive mind/soul hax which works just by seeing her, so the fact he can win, and even kill her and not die, (as killing Sirius also kills you, cause her ability links not only minds, souls but also damage), means Regulus ability is preventing change even in a nonphysical way too.

Yes, by stopping his time, he also stops himself from experiencing change, which is why his clothes don't get wet, he can't be harmed, doesn't age etc etc.

This also seems to extend beyond his physical body as its stated vs all the other archbishops, Regulus would be the sole survivor if they fought, and Sirius has passive mind/soul hax which works just by seeing her, so the fact he can win, and even kill her and not die, (as killing Sirius also kills you, cause her ability links not only minds, souls but also damage), means Regulus ability is preventing change even in a nonphysical way too.
I was wondering...how the hell can he see what's going on around him when photons aren't entering his eyes due to the nature of stopped time.

I mean air isn't entering his lungs due to the nature of his ability either....

He hadn't breathed in 100 years until his ability got nerfed, yet this guy's breath alone can kill you, you can even go even further, it is said his gaze is deadly too, so basically against him, you have to move so fast he can't see you, cause if he stares at you, you can die, i am not kidding.

Back