• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ah! My Goddess revisions Part 1: Downgrade boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
This was long overdue and it shall finally happens.

Currently, Belldandy is listent currently listet Star level, likely galaxy level for her Manifistation and High Complex Multiverse level... And both are shockingly wank.

First of all, her AP rating for the Manifistation Key are firstly, not even a valid feat, secondly taken out of context and thirdly, a huge outlier overall. Lets take a look at the feat shall we?

Star to Galaxy level
"Moved a Star by prayers" Chapter 12. Looks reasonable on its own. The problem is, just moment later this happens, indicating that Belldandy had barely any controll over the star and merely influenced its movement. The second problem with it is, that it is a huge outlier. When the "feat" happend, Belldandy was still in her sealed form. Now lets see what she is capable of when she unleashes her true power: Planet level Destruction, chapter 36. This is not the only moment where they talk about the true extend of a First Class Goddess such as Belldandy. Here we have Urd, who just got her limiter on her own First Class Goddess power removed: Chapter 188. As we can see, even if we accept the current feat as legit, it would hugely contradict the power scale of the entire series. The same applies to the supposed galaxy feat, which is really just her chanting a spell and dosnt even have visual proof to be a feat of that scale.

Planet level is far more consistent and should be used as their new Tiering

Higher Dimensional Goddesses?
Now lets move on to the second part of her profile. Her Higher Form Key. It has supposedly 3 scans that would proof such high tiering and they might actually have if they still existed. But not when i rereaded the series. Here is the only scan regarding dimensions in Ah! My Goddess, chapter 33. Both me and people who are actually wellversed with the topic agreed that this is too vague to justify such a massive tiering. As for them being 10th dimensional, there actually does NOT exist any mentions of Heaven and Goddesses being 10th dimensional. The only thing coming close is the feat of Skul, a Goddess like Belldandy, creating a 10th dimensional scytthe. The bad thing about that? Skuld said that she coudnt do 10th Dimensional calculations, required for the scythe, on her own, she needed a computing system for it, a actual proof against 10th dimensional goddesses.

Our understanding of the true nature of Goddesses
Now to a smaller but not less important point. The true nature of Goddesses and Gods. Currently, the profile treats Belldandys incarnation on earth as a sort of avatar for her "True Self" higher up. This is sadly not how it is in the series. As Belldandy explained in the dimension scan, Goddesses maintain their body due to their higher dimensional nature. This would lead us to believe that the current way this is handled is correct. But there are multiple problems: Firstly, Goddesses, when leaving earth, are teleporting their entire body, even the 3 dimensional structure, to Heaven, something that they woudnt need to if it would be just a avatar, a avatar that activily cost them energy to maintain i would like to add. Not only that, When Keiichi, a normal 3 dimensional human, is taken to Hell, a realm compareable to Heaven, he still perceives every Goddess and Demon as their 3D body. Which leads to the conclusion that Goddesses are indeed higher dimensional in their entirety of existence. Their 3D Body on the other hand isnt a avatar but just the part of their existence that is perceiveable by 3 dimensional beings. They are one existence, not some avatar the Gods send to interact with the universe. This would get rid of the of this whole Manifistation business, as they dont have any feats for their actual full existence. Even in Hell, where they supposdly should showcase their full extent, we could only see them in their 3 Dimensional form.

Tl;Dr
No more Star/Galaxy level Goddesses, only planet level.

No more Nth dimensional Goddesses, good riddance.

No more Manifestation Shenanigens, they are one existence and should be treated as such.

Planet level in the 3rd dimension and removing the avatar bit seems fine, but the gods really are explicitly higher-dimensional in their full forms according to the scan that you cited. To what degree is probably undefined though, but Skuld did create that 10-dimensional scythe.

The problem is not wether or not they are higher dimensional, but that dimensions are too poorly defined. I talked with Ultima over the scan once and he agreed that this is too vague to warrant a tiering too.

Skuld did create a 10th Dimensional scythe yes, but she explicitly said that she coudnt do the needed calculations necessary for it on her own either, something that should not be a problem at all if she were actually 10 Dimensional.

Can i consider the changes accepted or do we need more staff input? Dont unlock the page either way, considering that i am not done with the revision.

I think that this seems uncontroversial to apply.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
The higher dimensions statement does imply the higher dimensions are actually superior but it doesent give a number
They imply superiority but not concrete higher infinites, so its not really useable.

Tbh, them being able to transverse to higher or lower planes of existence doesn't really constitute as their actual power, imo. Just the ability to travel between them, imo.

Kado The Right Answer verse was deleted due to not-so-different circumstances, where the manifesting and dimension explanations are too inconsistent to really quantify the characters' powers, even though they did have higher dimensional-esque hax.

Antvasima said:
So should we close this thread?
Depends. Do you want the link to the next thread on your wall? If yes then yeah, you can close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back