• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aganos Minor Buff - Killer Instinct

Status
Not open for further replies.
After regenerating a new body by using material in the Astral plane, Aganos is capable of going toe to toe with Gargos for a bit. In order to win, Gargos has to put more effort in to the fight then was he was previously shown using on Jago, Kim Wu, and Tusk in the same Issue. Aganos' true form is then shown to be equal to gargos, and bfrs him away with himself.

Proposal:
An upgrade for aganos, with his body scaling to gargos, either cleanly or as "likely", and completely scaling to gargos in his true form. This is for his second key only.

I'm going to ask a question as old as the world, are the comics canon?

This is a very important part, also because there will be some KI revisions in the future, and the comics being canon or not is a critical point, and no one was able to give an answer in the past.

I'm pretty sure they are given that they take place right after shadow lords and even reference the events that happened in it. I'm also they're pretty sure they're currently accepted for profiles given that Aganos' current ap justifications from his second key come straight from the comic.

Just a note that them being used on the profiles isn't a justification, KI is a very outdated verse on the wiki and that might be a flaw (just like it may not be one).

I think a way to check if they're canon is to look at the authors, or at some other stuff that might confirm it, just like it's done for MK (though I don't know how you get it).

The old timeline has its own comics as well, which are separated iirc, but still I don't know if they're canon.

So is this revision dependent/contingent on the comics being canon? If they are not, we have a problem.

Well in the link I posted there stated to be a continuation of the games story mode, just that they were designed so you wouldn't need to have prior knowledge to enjoy them. I personally think they are Canon enough since well you know they're after the story mode

According to the author's interview, he took inspiration from the games and its plot to make a self-contained story separated from the game, as you don't need previous knowledge. It being an official product and a taking place after the ending of the game doesn't really make it canon, at a first glance from that article it doesn't seem to be, instead it looks like a disconnected story.

Iirc Shadow Lords mode itself doesn't have a real ending, there are cutscenes for all characters doing something to stop Gargos and eventually you, the player, kill him and all get some energy or such.

Honestly, I don't know how it should be treated, but at the very least it can be used for separated keys or profiles.

Simple solution would to just add a note or something to characters with the "gargos resurrection" key. The characters that directly scaled to him already have that as a separate key labeled as such

In that case yes, I think it's good.

How to handle old and new timeline will be discussed in the future, but I'm fine with the comics being their own key.

Yeah, there is such a thing as one-sided canon connections; games being canon to comicbook sequels but the latter not being canon to the previous. But I'm fine with additional keys and what not.

What kind of note do you intend to write?

So what should we do based on our conclusions here?

Cyber could apply the proposed note, then we are done for the time being.
Major KI revisions will arrive in the future, but it has been agreed to keep the comics as separated keys.

Yes. The verse page is likely better to use.

Just add a new "==Notes==" section at the bottom of the page.

I made some adjustments to the text, but am open for further improvements:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back