• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adventure Island massive downgrade and revision

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
First off, lemme say I am so freaking happy to be back! I'm finishing the last of my university's responsabilities for this semester, and I've finished some very well-needed psychological treatment, and I feel like a new man! Soon enough, I'll get back to the more important revisions I had planned, but as I have this mostly done, I thought, eh, why not start it up!

So, Adventure Island, or Master Higgins to be exact, needs to be revised. Here's the page.

What's wrong with it, one might'stn'td've say, and to that I say: Check the feats. There is... no evidence really about the Sorcerer creating that entire realm. Heck, in fact, the entire context is wrong. I'd say "go back to here and watch everything thereon, I double dog dare you to find anything that shows the Sorcerer creating the realm and it being destroyed with his death", but I can do better. And better I shall do!

So, first off, the planet we can see from the Sorcerer's boss battle is clearly Master Higgins' planet, and in no way Higgins can just jump to where they fight (which I'm pretty sure is the moon) with his normal speed. The evidence for both is the same: To get there, Higgins had to use the Sky Bell, which explicitly says that he just jumps beyond the sky. That means that he can only achieve such travelspeeds through an item that might only work on that specific set of conditions. And... okay, really, there's not much else to say, that also disproves that the Sorcerer created an entire realm with planets and stars and stuff, and even if we assumed he did create the entire arena, we have no proof that it was done instantly, or that it was destroyed upon his death, or that it would even scale to the combat-usable power, for reasons I'll get into.

Well, bummer, does that mean that Higgins profile ought to be deleted? Not quite, my friends!

See, Higgins got lots of feats to scale him to! I have a full list here on me of all games and all feats, neatly ordered:
AP/Dura:
LS: They all need to be calculated before being evalued, but they're there.
Speed: Really hard to properly tier. as Higgins has really few speed feats, with one of them being massively above all others, and infuriatingly, it does not contradict his earlier feats.
So, my suggestion? Lemme remake the profile! It'll be nice and dandy! I'd appreciate some input on the speed though, Higgins has precisely two kinds of feats: Superhuman and one MHS, if not MHS+ speed feat that does not contradict any of his earlier ones. Kind of mind-boggling.

Here are some calculations I did, if it helps!

Yooo, I love adventure Island.
I see you are a person of character and culture.
Calcs look good, I think a few look like vfrag instead of frag, but I'm cool with either.
To be honest, some could be argued to be higher but just to be on the safe side I preferred to use frag, atleast in regards to the older games. Back then, everything tended to die/get destroyed in a big poof of white smoke, which is more of a stylistic thing than an accurate depiction of pulverization.

Back