• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adeptus Astartes vs Bastion

I know that physically Attack Potency of an Astartes can reaches Large Building Level (The Durability of the Bastion is also Large Building Level), but what about Space Marine armed with his standard bolter ? Can it than penetrate his armor ?

If we talk about speed, then for me problems begin. I read the Bastion page and I can not understand how its speed became Massively Hypersonic+ . Well, I guess my logic can't withstand the rules of their calcs... So we have both fighters with kinda similar speed (no it isn't)

And finally I found something to stick to. Their Intelligence. Here we already see a huge difference between the two fighters. Adeptus Astartes with enhanced intelligence, great deal of implanted knowledge combined with decades to centuries of fighting experience on worst battlefields of the galaxy. and Bastion with the Killer's Protocol and moments of child-like mentality. A fighter who knows how to find holes in the defense and adapt will win in my opinion.

To conveniently imagine how the fight will develop, you can imagine the Bastion fighting against Reinhardt who has the option of choosing a more diverse offensive armament.

My point for Adeptus Astartes.

@Geutonic

The Massively Hypersonic+ comes from being able to reasonably track members of Overwatch and Talon like Doomfist, who dodged a burst of lightning from Winston's Tesla Gun at near point-blank range.

Geutonic said:
I know that physically Attack Potency of an Astartes can reaches Large Building Level (The Durability of the Bastion is also Large Building Level), but what about Space Marine armed with his standard bolter ? Can it than penetrate his armor ?

If we talk about speed, then for me problems begin. I read the Bastion page and I can not understand how its speed became Massively Hypersonic+ . Well, I guess my logic can't withstand the rules of their calcs... So we have both fighters with kinda similar speed (no it isn't)

And finally I found something to stick to. Their Intelligence. Here we already see a huge difference between the two fighters. Adeptus Astartes with enhanced intelligence, great deal of implanted knowledge combined with decades to centuries of fighting experience on worst battlefields of the galaxy. and Bastion with the Killer's Protocol and moments of child-like mentality. A fighter who knows how to find holes in the defense and adapt will win in my opinion.

To conveniently imagine how the fight will develop, you can imagine the Bastion fighting against Reinhardt who has the option of choosing a more diverse offensive armament.

Don't Astartes have at least over 100 years of combat experience or something

Also which Astartes chapter are we using here cause there's a bunch that could very easily swept bastion and some that might struggle against him.

Thatoneguy78 said:
Also which Astartes chapter are we using here cause there's a bunch that could very easily swept bastion and some that might struggle against him.
from one which doesn't swep Bastion

Yeah then I'll go for the Astarte here. They got the raw experience advantage so they can and will take advantage of Bastions lack of experience in this fight. Also again depending on which chapter this is the fight can range from a 7/10 for the Astartes (If we use the more Meele oriented chapters and Astarte types) to a 8/10 (If we use some of the more older chapters which have a lot more experienced marines in their ranks).

Another factor would be what there equipment here is cause while the plasma weapons have been banned from the match up they still got there Bolters that can harm other space marines, Jumppacks which in the rights hands basically make them Pharah but insanely more experienced, Iron halo's which are basically shields for the space marines, Sniper rifles, shotguns, Chainswords for melee and other stuff of the like which they have mastered over the course of decades to centuries.

Tho all of that depends on which type of marine we use here

But besides from that I think a standard Astartes can take this very easily

Don't forget that Bastion is very casually High 8-C. He can tear down tank heroes in seconds and canonically shredded multiple building sized trees in a forest.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
And what about melee weapons with no inherent strength value besides who's using them? Does he have those?
don't bring a sword in a gun fight ovo

Sir Ovens said:
Don't forget that Bastion is very casually High 8-C. He can tear down tank heroes in seconds and canonically shredded multiple building sized trees in a forest.
Also do not forget that the Astartes takes casually High 8-C only by his physical parameters. This does not include his standard weapons like Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Knife and a pair of Krak and Frag grenades. His standard armament can already automatically raise Adeptus Astartes to High 8-B (City Block level) or even High 8-A.

But High 8-A will depend on specific situation like using Krak Grenade. Krak Grenades use a shaped explosive charge capable of punching holes in armoured targets such as bunkers or monstrous creatures (such as the larger Tyranid bioforms)

Overlord775 said:
@Geutonic all equipment above high 8-C is banned
Sorry, I didn't notice that. :p

It was still not bad to remind everyone about the minimum possible combat capabilities of one Astartes in this battle.

I mean, something like a power sword has no inherent AP, but the Marine could still one-shot Bastion with it via going straight through his molecular structure.

So there's that.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I mean, something like a power sword has no inherent AP, but the Marine could still one-shot Bastion with it via going straight through his molecular structure.

So there's that.
Add that with a jump pack and a marine could very easily end bastion to quick for it to turn into it's turret form

i forgot to mention one more thing - Their range of effective shooting is very different, judging by the description on their pages.

Bastion Range - Several dozen meters with firearms.

Adeptus Astartes Range - few kilometers with the Bolter.

There is nothing more to add. We already understand who has the advantage of the first shot. And Adeptus Astartes does not hesitate to apply this chance to destroy his opponent.

I'm pretty sure if you put them that close, the marines will rip Bastion to threads before he even gets a chance to enter sentry mode.

Sir Ovens said:
I'm pretty sure if you put them that close, the marines will rip Bastion to threads before he even gets a chance to enter sentry mode.
it's better than sniping

Overlord775 said:
they'll start a 10 meters from each other then

I hope i'm not being BIAS ovo
It's too late to simulate new rules or describe the place of the fight. The next time you create a new thread, try to describe everything you can in advance.

We will judge the battle according to the description given above. Otherwise, this thread will look like a tug of war, which constantly changes the condition of victory. Let's not delay the discussion and will work with what we have initially.

P.S - It would be much more comfortable if you would show us at first a picture with a certain Adeptus Astartes. I see only a humorous picture with Caption on which the Astartes from the Deathwatch is depicted. By the way, this gives us the official statement that in this battle the Bastion is fighting with one of the Deathwatch Space Marine who deservedly are called an Elite of all Astartes. ;)

Geutonic said:

Ok, my point for Astartes.

Back