• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Me and Umy have already said this, sure in Platonism, specifically timaeus and book 6 of the republic, we are told forms are beyond dimensionality, and have eternal and "perfect and absolute properties", but in fiction they are almost never represented this way, which is part of why we just got rid of the naming for that kind of concept. Period, point blank, you prove how extensive they are verse to verse, you don't automatically get 1-A for mentioning them much less if you adapt them to particular rules.
Being "beyond dimensionality" or "transcending the concept of dimensions" doesn't inherently warrant 1-A either, yeah?

They don't need to be represented that way, it should be the default unless contradicted. You can't say "fiction doesn't work the same as real life" unless that work of fiction has evidence of doing so, same applies here
They need to be though. Your "default assumption" is meaningless when no fictional concept is "absolute" in the first place.

I feel the attempt is to upgrade Rimuru WN to 1-A based on that.

Again, wiki never ever treats them as 1-A. And this has been a rule since 2019. Unless the verse has been shown 1-A cosmology, you could argue further about it.

I feel the attempt is to upgrade Rimuru WN to 1-A based on that.

Again, wiki never ever treats them as 1-A. And this has been a rule since 2019. Unless the verse has been shown 1-A cosmology, you could argue further about it.
You should agree
We can make anos layers into tier 1-A lol

Why are you asking me proof of something that you believe in anyway?

You can't transcend "all" concepts without being absolute.
By this logic, transcending any concept would be impossible because you'd have to transcend that concept in an "absolute" manner. You don't have to be "absolute" to transcend all concepts. Platonic Forms aren't even absolute, they emanated from the Form of Good

When Darksmash said absolute I'm sure he meant like "no limits" at all, which is different from that
Naw, he meant it absolute absolute. No need to interpret it to your advantage (I know I am against the idea, no worries)

By this logic, transcending any concept would be impossible because you'd have to transcend that concept in an "absolute" manner. You don't have to be "absolute" to transcend all concepts. Platonic Forms aren't even absolute, they emanated from the Form of Good
Yea that's the point. Because concepts can't be absolute you can't transcend them literally. Transcending "the concept of space" for example is meaningless as no fictional character transcends real world space. Also other forms emanating from the form of good doesn't mean they wouldn't be absolute. Goodness is just a more all encompassing idea compared to the forms. For example, the form of a "circle" will be absolute in the sense that it will encompass all possible variations of a circle. But the form of circle will be hierarchially below the form of "shapes".

Anyway, since absolutism is bullshit vsbw just defaults everything based on the cosmology of the verse. No need to make this complicated.

Yea that's the point. Because concepts can't be absolute you can't transcend them literally. Transcending "the concept of space" for example is meaningless as no fictional character transcends real world space. Also other forms emanating from the form of good doesn't mean they wouldn't be absolute. Goodness is just a more all encompassing idea compared to the forms. For example, the form of a "circle" will be absolute in the sense that it will encompass all possible variations of a circle. But the form of circle will be hierarchially below the form of "shapes".

Anyway, since absolutism is bullshit vsbw just defaults everything based on the cosmology of the verse. No need to make this complicated.
You can transcend fictional space

If forms are a part of something else, they're not absolute

Did OP actually address anything new? This has been discussed 3 years ago, I assume. It is pointless to argue again if there is no new information regarding it.
And honestly, I still disagree that we need to default characters to be 1-A only because they vaguely transcend the Platonic concepts.

For example, Rimuru (honestly, I am pretty sure it meant spirits in that context) and Shinra and many other characters (even without giving a cosmology explanation)

But the "concept" of space should encompass all possible types of spaces, so not transcending real life space would be a contradiction.
Real life space isn't even a thing you can transcend

This was already addressed in the post you replied to

You didn't, you just said something like the form of a circle can be absolute in the sense that it encompasses all circles, but if it was absolute in any way, it would be like true infinity which isn't a thing

But the "concept" of space should encompass all possible types of spaces, so not transcending real life space would be a contradiction.

This was already addressed in the post you replied to.
How can you transcend a real life space in fiction?

I am not aware of what has been discussed on the wiki so far about platonic concepts but Plato's concepts are very idea, an abstract, true forms of what that we comprehend in the physical world, like concept of beauty and how we comprehend it as per perspectively can be different to different beings but will not affect What concept of that thing is, so space itself is just materialization of that very concept into the physical world, space that consists of uncountable dimensions like 3d of space, 4d of space, etc. So I am pretty much convinced with this idea.

I am not aware of what has been discussed on the wiki so far about platonic concepts but Plato's concepts are very idea, an abstract, true forms of what that we comprehend in the physical world, like concept of beauty and how we comprehend it as per perspectively can be different to different beings but will not affect What concept of that thing is, so space itself is just materialization of that very concept into the physical world, space that consists of uncountable dimensions like 3d of space, 4d of space, etc. So I am pretty much convinced with this idea.
No and No, we will never bring this again after we discussed it in 2019. This will mess up with scaling pretty much.

Lmao, that's hilarious, anyway fiction don't seems to adapt real life things exactly, so that's really a verse dependent thing.
By that logic we cannot apply reality and physics to fiction and almost every character here would have an unknown rating

By that logic we cannot apply reality and physics to fiction and almost every character here would have an unknown rating
There is something that is considered by default case, unless stated otherwise, that includes calculation feats, nature of higher dimensions, etc. Theories which aren't testified and can vary in nature in the setting of fiction do not have to be a by default case.

There is something that is considered by default case, unless stated otherwise, that includes calculation feats, nature of higher dimensions, etc. Theories which aren't testified and can vary in nature in the setting of fiction do not have to be a by default case.
What do you mean testified? Plato's theory of forms isn't some scientific theory, it doesn't, need to be proven true irl. Real world physics can also vary in nature in the setting of fiction

What do you mean testified? Plato's theory of forms isn't some scientific theory, it doesn't, need to be proven true irl. Real world physics can also vary in nature in the setting of fiction
No one saying it's need to be proven, testified is not the only thing I said and real world physics can vary in nature in the setting of fiction has nothing to do with it.
Regardless how can a 5d verse that has platonic concept is 1a?

No one saying it's need to be proven, testified is not the only thing I said and real world physics can vary in nature in the setting of fiction has nothing to do with it.
You said it needs to be testified, which means proven

If you think fiction can portray the theory of forms differently from our real world theories and therefore fictional platonic forms shouldn't be the same as IRL ones, then the same can be said for real world physics

What are you talking about

You said it needs to be testified, which means proven
Theories which aren't testified and can vary in nature in the setting of fiction do not have to be a by default case
not the only thing I said.
If you think fiction can portray the theory of forms differently from our real world theories and therefore fictional platonic forms shouldn't be the same as IRL ones, then the same can be said for real world physics
Sure, infact, manyworlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, string theory and many other theories in physics aren't adapted as it is in fiction. I never said that scientific theories cannot be changed in the setting of fiction. But said there are few things which are right by default to apply, such as calculation, nature of higher dimensions but not all of 'em.
What are you talking about
How can a 5d verse that has platonic concept can be 1a?

not the only thing I said.

Sure, infact, manyworlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, string theory and many other theories in physics aren't adapted as it is in fiction. I never said that scientific theories cannot be changed in the setting of fiction. But said there are few things which are right by default to apply, such as calculation, nature of higher dimensions but not all of 'em.

So you agree it does not need to be "testified"

But said there are few things which are right by default to apply, such as calculation, nature of higher dimensions but not all of 'em.

Why is it by default?

If the verse has platonic concepts then its 1-A, not capped at 5D

So you agree it does not need to be "testified"
Absolutely I never said it needs to be testified only bruh, why even bringing up something unnecessary 🗿

Why is it by default?
Calculation goes with considering things that are taken in the fiction as it is as in irl, given structure of earth, value of g, etc 🗿

If the verse has platonic concepts then its 1-A, not capped at 5D
I am saying if the number of dimensions it has is 5d then how it gonna be 1a bruh.

Theories which aren't testified and can vary in nature in the setting of fiction do not have to be a by default case
I'LL state it once again the reasons I've given are combined, not to be cherry picked just one and it is about "it doesn't have to be by default", not that it cannot be.

Real life space isn't even a thing you can transcend
Exactly. So you can't transcend the concept of space.

You didn't, you just said something like the form of a circle can be absolute in the sense that it encompasses all circles, but if it was absolute in any way, it would be like true infinity which isn't a thing
Not my fault you can't read. Form of circles would be absolute in its category while not being an all encompassing category.
How can you transcend a real life space in fiction?
You can't. That's the point.

Back