• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Additional Tsunade powers

In the context of the scans its taken as an OTK as he said she tried to kill him with one jutsu(the ball between her hands)

Heilergott said:
Sharing Chakra is NOT a basic ninja skill. On the opposite, it is actually quite the Skill. On the Top of my Head I only know of Sakura, Tsunade, Naruto, Kushina and maybe Minato that can do it.
Maybe not basic but it is not as rare as it is made to sound here.

ShrekAlmighty said:
In the context of the scans its taken as an OTK as he said she tried to kill him with one jutsu(the ball between her hands)
Again, trying to kill =/= 0HKO...

I don't know why are we even discussing it, Tsunade has never shown the ability to insta-kill people with a magic chakra ball in her fights. She would've used it if she indeed possessed a technique like that. It's far more believable that the "ball" was just something else disguised as healing jutsu.

@DontTalk

The problem is that all Orochimaru said was that she was trying to kill him. We don't know if the technique would have killed him or if it would have simply done grievous harm.

Reppuzan said:
@DontTalk
The problem is that all Orochimaru said was that she was trying to kill him. We don't know if the technique would have killed him or if it would have simply done grievous harm.
The point I was trying to make is just to write on the page what actually happened.

You can just quote orochimaru on the subject in the actual page text, if that is required.

All the scan says is that she was trying to kill him. If I pulled a gun on you, I'd be trying to kill you. But I wouldn't be suddenly nailing you with instant death.

I have said numerous times I believe in Death Inducement.

Plus, Tsunade was going to touch Orochimaru with her chakra, and he panicked and jumped back immediately, followed by Kabuto explaining she was going to kill him. This clearly implies it's a quick death. Not necessarily instant, but quick.

Any form of death inducement is already Death Manip

> What jutsu? You're making believe that such a technique exists.

The scan suggests it does.

> She has never demonstrated the use of the Mystical Palm Technique to harm.

In other words, the point you made above about this being either Mystical Palm or CR is invalid.

> Orochimaru implicitly stated that he does not trust Kabuto completely.

Kabuto said Orochimaru didn't trust him 100% yet. This was also Chapter 88, while the Tsunade-Orochimaru bout happened around chapters 160 through 170.

Orochimaru also literally says he trusts Kabuto wholeheartedly in the scan

> She still could have done any number of other things through her medical techniques that would not involve the sudden imposition of death.

It was said to be a "murderous" chakra by Oro himself.

> Prove that she has an ability that could cause instant death to those she touches with her chakra when she has numerous other techniques that can affect the body. You're the one making the statement, back it up with evidence since the burden of proof is on you.

You're reversing the burden of proof. I didn't say it was instant death, and you're also the one who needs to provide proof when the scans suggest otherwise.

Can I be 100% honest?

This sounds... stupid. I mean, I should believe that Tsunade has a-sort-of quick-death-inducing technique, that has NEVER been referenced again, that has NOTHING to do with her other justus and has NEVER been used in battle again, just because of this single, super-vague scene?

And now, every time someone will talk about Tsunade, everyone will have to consider this mysterious, never-seen quick-death-inducing technique that has never effectively been used?

Am I the only one that thinks that all of this feels wrong? This technique feels totally out of her character.

Tbh while I sort of agree. You also have to admit that Tsunade always had the disadvatage of having to close the gap to get to the enemy.

You have Pain (absolutely no chance).

Madara same deal but also an Edo.

I the skill exists she is both massively inhibited in range and speed. Everyone already knows not to get close to her unless you want your head to be blown off.

Really you could say the same about Onokis molecular disintegeration and yet he is not a one shotting monster. Despite it being massively more op than if it was Tsunade with an 0HKO move.

Well, I would agree with Soul Heal. I mean, Orochimaru knew his Soul got it's (?) arms ripped off, yet he still ran to Tsunade to get them healed. Definitely Soul Heal.

@Kep

I'm not arguing from incredulity. She has several other means of harming him but you're deliberately misinterpreting the statements about her trying to kill him to say that she would be able to instantly bring his vital functions to halt in order to skew towards your viewpoint.

I don't doubt the idea that she could heal soul-related wounds, but I heavily doubt that she has death inducement of any kind.

Kepekley23 said:
Argument from incredulity.
I wasn't even trying to negate what you wrote, or I would've already answered you.

It doesn't change that I think it's something not intended for the character. Tsunade can kill people by touching, but for some reason she rathers fighting by using fists.

Whatever...

It's an out-of-character ability, just like Part 1 Kakashi's Kamui. It exists, but she only uses it when she is bloodlusted.

Kakashi's Kamui is an even worse case, since he has it in Part 1 but doesn't even use it.

@Kepe I think he did not have the Chakra Capacity. Even in Part 2 at the beginning, it takes him several Minutes to save up the required chakra. Considering that in Part 1 even 15 minutes with the Sharingan out were already hard on him, Kamui might just have outright killed him.

Let's try to find a reasonable solution.

Premise: This post being right

Question 1:

Is it required for the target to stand still like Orochimaru was doing at the beginning?

Question 2:

Can this be used in a real battle at all, or does this work only as a sort of "trap" jutsu?

Kepekley23 said:
That's what we answered above. She needs prep time to do this.
It was an answer to Shrek, that claims that this technique can be used "while moving" (so, anytime I suppose). That's obviously not the case.

Then I return to my previous question: Can this be used in a real battle at all? A battle with no prep time that is. Standard format in this wiki.

Well I assume so. It would have significant prep time so she can not use it rigth off the bat but she can still use it mid battle. Sort of like how a lengthy Kamehameha is used but you can still move (Goku vs Kefla final clash).

I suppose it isn't usable in a normal battle without a little prep, but we are an character indexing wiki first and firemost.

>Rocker1189 You are not wrong! But the key word here is "assuming". It can probably work like that, but truth is, we don't know a thing about it. Like, how much chakra does it require? Is it a one time thing? Can she spam it?

I DO recognize that, due to this scene, Tsunade has an unnamed quick-death-inducing technique. However, isn't it true that it would be close to impossible to analyze in a real fight due to, uh, not knowing how does it work? I propose to accept DontTalkDT proposal and solve it this way. We lack too much info.

DontTalkDT said:
The solution with the least assumptions is actually to write on tsunades page that she has some unknown jutsu where she summons a chakra ball between her hands, that orochimaru stated would have killed him if he touched it, but it isn't known how that would have happened.
That is the solution I would also suggest. Guessing abilities based on a completly insufficient amount of information isn't a good practice.

I think it's likely death manipulation/OHK but it's only useable via prep(because she likely planned it ahead of time).

Tsunade still had feelings for orochimaru shown with her being noticably shook when she heard he died

But yea a slight *charge up* seems reasonable

being used mid battle seems fine even in manga it wasnt instant but it didnt take much time(Basically swaped from one page to next)

100 seals yes base to base no

Off-topic: So you believe she becomes stronger with 100 seals, interesting, nobody seems to agree to that today. How much stronger do you think she becomes ? (Answer on my message wall)

Anyways, back to the topic, Soul manipulation is fine for her, I guess (I personally think she was going to use life manipulation to somehow bring his hands to life as that fits Tsuna's character & powerset better but if everyone else seems to agree to it I am fine.

Now, to the more complicated issue of One-shotting, He was pretty weakened then but ok still oneshotting him seems like a stretch. I'll admit that Reppuzan's frying his neural system theory seems like the best fit to me. Overloading him with the mystical palm technique makes sense too I guess, even if it only puts Oro in a coma that leaves him vulnerable to being attacked. I could see her putting him in a coma & then quickly going 100 seals & killing him (if she would even need to). Forcing him to reach his Hayflick limit is also possible though I'm not sure that this power of Tsunade's had been thought up by Kishimoto-san back in Part I.

RashFaustinho said:
>Rocker1189
You are not wrong! But the key word here is "assuming". It can probably work like that, but truth is, we don't know a thing about it. Like, how much chakra does it require? Is it a one time thing? Can she spam it?

I DO recognize that, due to this scene, Tsunade has an unnamed quick-death-inducing technique. However, isn't it true that it would be close to impossible to analyze in a real fight due to, uh, not knowing how does it work? I propose to accept DontTalkDT proposal and solve it this way. We lack too much info.
Izrezak2415125112
So lets start it probably doesnt require much chakra as she did it in base and without any noticable strugle Nothing implies its a one time thing so it shouldnt be taken that way Dunno possibly but its out of character so she wouldnt spam it anyway

@ Rash I mean you are right I never said that is how it works this is all speculation after all and I am only going off of what we see.

A medic-nin must have a perfect or nearly perfect chakra control to heal others. Tsunade most renowned medic-nin across the continent. Chakra Scalpel and Body Pathway Derangement medical ninjutsu. As we can see Medical Ninjutsu is hax within the verse. Who knows Tsunade can do with his knowlegde and experience with this techniques.

I don't remember but Orochimaru know Hiruzen take part of his soul before going to Tsunade?

There is no need for the Death and/or life manipulation.

She clearly knew as she knew hiruzen died by using dead demon consuming seal

Also orochimaru wouldnt risk his life coming into konoha for ***** and giggles

Anyway i would propose Death inducement and soul manipulation

With a note that death inducement requires prep time similar to rasengan or kamehameha

Back