• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Addition to Etherious.Natsu.Dragneel

Yeah, this seems pretty legit, it's clear Natsu uses Curse Power

I'm not sure about resistance to powernull tho
I think it’s legit it’s just a limited form of it since magical based powernull isn’t effective against curse power

which is why even if all magic on the continent was erased the tartoros demons would still be able to use their abilities and which is why Natsu was able to break out of the magic sealing restraints which he was unable to do so even when he was near full power during the tartoros and avatar arcs

Agree with the curse manip

Seems more like magic resistance maybe?
Well he along with the rest of the tartoros demons could still be effected by magical based abilities

its just that magical sealing restraints and the face weapon aren’t effective against them since they use curse power rather than magic power

Bump

Another point I thought of is that Gray has resistance to power null via “demon power” as he was able to halve the effects of Hakune’s spiritual art and even bypass Freeds law manipulation

And Gray still uses magic as devil slayer magic is still magic which is why Hakune mentioned gray changed his magic in order to halve the effects of her powernull and he has resistance to power null

But Etherious don’t even use magic power they use Curse power and we see they are able to by pass magical based power null

So really if Gray qualifies via changing his magic power into demon power then Etherious definitely should since they don’t even use magic at all and would be unaffected by the face weapon erasing all magic power on the continent

but I could accept a likely/possible limited resistance to power null if that satisfies everyone

I’d have to reread the Hakune stuff but on the Freed thing, Gray only had his ice manip nulled, something he didn’t use to beat the Tribe. He just bopped em with the stats of his Devil Mark.

I’d have to reread the Hakune stuff but on the Freed thing, Gray only had his ice manip nulled, something he didn’t use to beat the Tribe. He just bopped em with the stats of his Devil Mark.
Oh I recalled it saying he couldn’t use magic at all but yea u are right it was only ice magic

Though the Hakune stuff plays out just as I described she powernulls her opponents by freezing their power source it self such as magic power as well as curse power as well as spiritual arts

we see this happen to base Gray and Natsu during their first encounter with her

but when Gray battles her 1v1 in chapter 84 of 100YQ she starts to freeze his magic power but gray switch’s to his “demon power” and is able to halve the effects of Hakune’s spiritual arts and he is still able to use his Ice make magic to win the fight

Back