• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding Optional Values to the Standard Format for Weapon Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
This is going to be pretty quick.

The Standard Format for Vehicle Profiles features a series of Optional Values that can be added to such profiles.
Well, I think the same values should be added to the Standard Format for Weapon Profiles.
All of these options would fit well even in a weapon page. Measures, material, prerequisites make sense for a weapon, maybe even power source (maybe mentioning bullets or something) and users/wielders (instead of pilots) could work for some weapons.
As these are optional, they don't necessarily need to be applied to every kind of weapon, so I don't think it would create any problem.

I think that's a relatively rare instance tho :v

There should be uniformity in our fields

I think that's a relatively rare instance tho :v

There should be uniformity in our fields
Not necessarily, these values are optional for a reason, they don't necessarily need to be added and not all together.

Imho, I agree with ElixirBlue, a weapon can be powered by magic, electricity or any other form of energy, even the wielder's own life or such.

Bump.

Also, I think this thread should be moved to the staff forum.

Do all of the available vehicle options logically fit for weapon profiles?

Do all of the available vehicle options logically fit for weapon profiles?
Forgive me for intruding on a staff discussion, but everything barring the number of pilots can fit for a weapon profile option, as of course a weapon cannot be piloted. Although that depends.

Yes, as I said in the op, pilot isn't necessary.
If more than one person is required to use the weapon, it can be written in the Prerequisite for use category.

That said, I think we have enough staff agreement, should I go on and apply the changes?

That is probably fine, but let's wait a while for more input first, since this is a rather important policy change.

Eh, we don't have that many weapon profiles, idk if it's that important

The OP's post sounds fine to me. I think having the option to add the additional information seems like a good idea since we strive to make our profiles as accurate as possible.

I've applied the changes, replacing Pilot with Users, because it's not too farfetched to have a weapon that needs more than one person to be used.
Think to a manually-operated satellite, or even just a catapult or a trebuchet, they definitely were weapons but needed more than one person to be used effectively, and the value is still optional after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back