• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adam Warlock Inclusion

It is probably better if you list all abilities here in a well-structured manner.

I do not have the time to evaluate if all of the changes, including all of the new powers, are legitimate. Sorry. In addition, you have a bit of a bad track record in that regard.

If I remember correctly, you tend to make long lists of abilities for various Marvel and DC characters, that you wish to add to their pages, and then our members start to inspect/verify them, and it turns out that most of them are very unreliable.

Don't worry, I trust in this one.

Apparently Marvel may be inconsistent but it's less complex than DC.

I don't know anything about Adam Warlock, but the profile looks pretty good and has justification for all the powers and such.

The pics look good.

The only problem I have is that both of his MFTL+ speed tabs and his second "Extraordinary Genuis" tab don't have justifications - they are just there.

Classic

• Self-Sustenance: You listed this twice.
  • Power Bestowal: It seems more as if Adam unlocked her knowledge rather than directly unlocked her power.
  • Social Influencing: Not sure if that counts or not. More input would be good.
  • Power Nullification/Counterspelling: All Adam did was match an energy blast from the Strange Thanosi clone, so I disagree with this.
  • Non-Physical Interaction: The creatures showed in that scan to have physical presence, all Adam did was destroy them using hax blasts. Based only on this scan I disagree.
  • Shapeshifting Nullification: The scan makes it unclear whether it's illusions or shapeshifting, and I don't remember enough of Man-Beast to tell for sure. The wiki doesn't tell me either.
  • Regenerationn: There's no proof provided.
  • Immortality: There's no evidence here of any immortality. The first scan album has nothing to do with being reborn as the Magus after death. The second scan has nothing to do with immortality. Adam is getting called a pagan, not getting saved by a guy named Pagan. He's being "spared" in a grandiose manner. Why did you include these unrelated scans and not scans about his actual resurrections, which is an entry you left at the top of the profile?
  • Transmutation: The bullet scan should be Matter Manipulation and should be separate from his biological manipulation. And the word "splash" doesn't mean he turned the bullets to water. The text just says he dispersed the bullets into molecules by separating their bonds. The parachute scan should be the one listed under Transmutation, but how did you get him turning it into water? The scan says directly that he turned it into air.
  • Fire/Air Manipulation: This should be electricity manipulation. Warlock ignited them with electricity, according to the text.
  • Status Effect Inducement: All the scan shows is Warlock KOing Surfer with an energy blast. This also might not actually be 616 due to the dubious canonicity of Starlin's latest two trilogies in relation to 616.
  • Transformation Nullification: That's just another example of the same kind of biological manipulation listed earlier.
  • Energy Absorption: Same dubious canonicity as before. For now I'm fine with keeping it though, since I'm unsure about that point.
  • Absorption: The text says he's soul-stealing, not absorbing him.
  • Perception Manipulation: That's more along the lines of normal telepathy.
  • Clairvoyance: The scans don't give enough context about what's happening.
  • Teleportation: Needs more context to be sure. Did he actually teleport or use the solar vortex as a kind of smokescreen. Regardless, this scan qualifies as Air Manipulation for Warlock.
  • Time Travel: More context would be nice, since it's left kind of vague exactly how this time travel happened.
  • Portal Creation: The scan doesn't show any portal being created, at all.
Resistances

• Gravity Manipulation: In this story, as these scans state, black holes are treated as entrances to space warps that need knowledge to be navigated properly. It shouldn't confer resistance imo.
  • Heat Manipulation: Not sure if this should count as actual resistance since Adam is a 4-B character.
  • Mind Manipulation: I forget, but if this scan is from the same run where Thanos was immune to her Mind Gem, it's because Adam holds the Soul Gem, not because of any innate resistance on his part.
  • Morality Manipulation: The text makes it seem like resistance to soul manipulation is a better option here.
  • Time Stop: The scan makes it clear that Adam is affected in the real world, it's just within the Soul Gem that he's not.
Infinity Gauntlet

Everything added here seems unnecessary, as it's already on the Infinity Gauntlet's own page.

Post-Annihilatio
You said "same abilities as the first key" but then added many redundant entries. I'll look at them anyway though.

• Teleportation: The scan shows him coming through via teleport pad. More context is needed to prove it's really his own power.
  • Spatial Manipulation: The scan shows him analyzing the fissure, not doing anything to stop it. A further scan would be needed.
  • Mind Manipulation: Telepathy seems like a better fit here.
  • Forcefield Creation: The scan doesn't show the forcefield or the creation of the forcefield, or even a statement about a forcefield.
  • Space-Time Manipulation: The scan doesn't show that.
  • Danmaku: An omnidirectional explosion is not danmaku.
  • You listed healing twice.
  • Electricity Manipulation: UnoriginalMemes is making a Magus profile, and this spell would be listed there rather than here.
  • Extrasensory Perception: Second scan doesn't show Adam sensing anything.
These threads take a lot of time to sift through, so please try to vet your scans harder in the future.

@POTM

Thank you very much for the help. I trust your sense of judgement regarding this.

I also agree that Boogie should sift his scans far better in the future. He takes up too much time for the other members.

Exactly. You are constantly wasting lots of valuable time for other members.

Anyway, the additions accepted by POTM can probably be added.

Eh, can someone point out which powers are the ones accepted? The format in the blog makes it hard to know.

Classic

• Self-Sustenance: You listed this twice.
  • Power Bestowal: It seems more as if Adam unlocked her knowledge rather than directly unlocked her power.
  • Social Influencing: Not sure if that counts or not. More input would be good.
  • Power Nullification/Counterspelling: All Adam did was match an energy blast from the Strange Thanosi clone, so I disagree with this.
  • Non-Physical Interaction: The creatures showed in that scan to have physical presence, all Adam did was destroy them using hax blasts. Based only on this scan I disagree.
  • Shapeshifting Nullification: The scan makes it unclear whether it's illusions or shapeshifting, and I don't remember enough of Man-Beast to tell for sure. The wiki doesn't tell me either.
  • Regenerationn: There's no proof provided.
  • Immortality: There's no evidence here of any immortality. The first scan album has nothing to do with being reborn as the Magus after death. The second scan has nothing to do with immortality. Adam is getting called a pagan, not getting saved by a guy named Pagan. He's being "spared" in a grandiose manner. Why did you include these unrelated scans and not scans about his actual resurrections, which is an entry you left at the top of the profile?
  • Transmutation: The bullet scan should be Matter Manipulation and should be separate from his biological manipulation. And the word "splash" doesn't mean he turned the bullets to water. The text just says he dispersed the bullets into molecules by separating their bonds. The parachute scan should be the one listed under Transmutation, but how did you get him turning it into water? The scan says directly that he turned it into air.
  • Fire/Air Manipulation: This should be electricity manipulation. Warlock ignited them with electricity, according to the text.
  • Status Effect Inducement: All the scan shows is Warlock KOing Surfer with an energy blast. This also might not actually be 616 due to the dubious canonicity of Starlin's latest two trilogies in relation to 616.
  • Transformation Nullification: That's just another example of the same kind of biological manipulation listed earlier.
  • Energy Absorption: Same dubious canonicity as before. For now I'm fine with keeping it though, since I'm unsure about that point.
  • Absorption: The text says he's soul-stealing, not absorbing him.
  • Perception Manipulation: That's more along the lines of normal telepathy.
  • Clairvoyance: The scans don't give enough context about what's happening.
  • Teleportation: Needs more context to be sure. Did he actually teleport or use the solar vortex as a kind of smokescreen. Regardless, this scan qualifies as Air Manipulation for Warlock.
  • Time Travel: More context would be nice, since it's left kind of vague exactly how this time travel happened.
  • Portal Creation: The scan doesn't show any portal being created, at all.
Resistances

• Gravity Manipulation: In this story, as these scans state, black holes are treated as entrances to space warps that need knowledge to be navigated properly. It shouldn't confer resistance imo.
  • Heat Manipulation: Not sure if this should count as actual resistance since Adam is a 4-B character.
  • Mind Manipulation: I forget, but if this scan is from the same run where Thanos was immune to her Mind Gem, it's because Adam holds the Soul Gem, not because of any innate resistance on his part.
  • Morality Manipulation: The text makes it seem like resistance to soul manipulation is a better option here.
  • Time Stop: The scan makes it clear that Adam is affected in the real world, it's just within the Soul Gem that he's not.
Infinity Gauntlet

Everything added here seems unnecessary, as it's already on the Infinity Gauntlet's own page.

Post-Annihilatio
You said "same abilities as the first key" but then added many redundant entries. I'll look at them anyway though.

• Teleportation: The scan shows him coming through via teleport pad. More context is needed to prove it's really his own power.
  • Spatial Manipulation: The scan shows him analyzing the fissure, not doing anything to stop it. A further scan would be needed.
  • Mind Manipulation: Telepathy seems like a better fit here.
  • Forcefield Creation: The scan doesn't show the forcefield or the creation of the forcefield, or even a statement about a forcefield.
  • Space-Time Manipulation: The scan doesn't show that.
  • Danmaku: An omnidirectional explosion is not danmaku.
  • You listed healing twice.
  • Electricity Manipulation: UnoriginalMemes is making a Magus profile, and this spell would be listed there rather than here.
  • Extrasensory Perception: Second scan doesn't show Adam sensing anything.
These threads take a lot of time to sift through, so please try to vet your scans harder in the future.

Here.

So nothing should be added and this thread be closed then?

Maybe the rest are good or maybe he didn't finish evaluating, it's not really clear. I was hoping he could continue what he started, if possible.

He seems to be taking a break to focus on real life issues at the moment.

Ok then, I will evaluate everything myself. Not sure if today tho, you can close Adam's profile. Sorry for that.

Thank you. The accepted powers can probably be applied then.

Back