• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acnologia vs Ainz

Status
Not open for further replies.
If speed Wasnt equalized,Acnolgia might have been able to dance his way around half of the haxes,giving Ainz high difficulty

doesn't the goal of all life is death just completely obliterate acno? Plus with his clairvoyance he would be able to make it harder for Acno to dodge

Unholy Bindings said:
too many letters.
Mehn Gottb, why act yourself so disdainfully? Acno has his own winning routes like BFR, soulsucc or OPM'ng Ainz. But i do agree its a pretty unfair match.

Wait how can you kill acnologia with grasp heart unless you're fighting his physical form which isn't allowed in the ravines of time, the acnologia in the ravines of time is only a soul and not a physical body.

we can see it here.

Reference: https://********.org/chapter/260296/10

Reference: https://********.org/chapter/260296/16

to defeat him, i don't think physical attacks would work. the only way that acnologia was defeated in the fairy tail series was because they sealed his physical body those also sealing his soul.

I vote inconclusive for now

Aizenishere said:
@Ikazi
I wish I wish upon a star: end this lads existence.

^ insta win for Ainz.
It has no feat of killing someone, so that is out of the picture. Also acnologia is magic resistence, and shooting star is a magical item.

Everything Ainz does is Magic like what.

Anywho I agree it's a stomp but in the unlikely event it isn't I vote Ainz via an absurd amount of Death

Aizenishere said:
Everything Ainz does is Magic like what.
Anywho I agree it's a stomp but in the unlikely event it isn't I vote Ainz via an absurd amount of Death
Like you said, everything ainz does is magic. So unless ainz has any other way to defeat acnologia, i will vote inconclusive.

Like you said, everything ainz does is magic. So unless ainz has any other way to defeat acnologia, i will vote inconclusive.

He does. It's called TGOALID

Aizenishere wrote
He does. It's called TGOALID

TGOALID is a magical skill, acnologia has magic resistence so i don't see how that is gonna work.

Also zeref who has insta death magic can't even defeat acnologia, so i don't see how will work.

IKazi said:
TGOALID is a magical skill, acnologia has magic resistence so i don't see how that is gonna work.

Also zeref who has insta death magic can't even defeat acnologia, so i don't see how will work.
Zeref's death magic isn't even comparable to Ainz's instant death magic when combined with TGoALID. When combined with TGoALID, Ainz's instant death magic does more than just kill the living, but the non-living as well (such as inanimate objects).

Plus, even if we're going by that logic, any resistance towards instant death abilities by Acnologia would be bypassed by Ainz's TGoALID as it is a skill that is meant to bypass the resistances and immunities to death abilities put before it. That means that practically any possible resistances that Acnologia has towards instant death abilities would be bypassed by Ainz's TGoALID.

@IKazi TGOALID's effect is it bypasses all resistances and immunities so I am inclined to believe it would work on Acnologia (even if his resistance is high)

Also some clarification for you, skills aren't considered magic. Maruyama (overlord's creator) emphasizes the differences between magic and skills throughout the wholebook series, and TGOALID is considered a racial / job skill.

Ainz FRA

This is a stomp because Acno can't win. Acnologia can't kill Ainz and even if he did Ainz would just come back to life. Stomp matches aren't allowed to be added and I think that if one of the fighters can't win in any way then that makes it a stomp.

DeathNoodles said:
Zeref's death magic isn't even comparable to Ainz's instant death magic when combined with TGoALID. When combined with TGoALID, Ainz's instant death magic does more than just kill the living, but the non-living as well (such as inanimate objects).

Plus, even if we're going by that logic, any resistance towards instant death abilities by Acnologia would be bypassed by Ainz's TGoALID as it is a skill that is meant to bypass the resistances and immunities to death abilities put before it. That means that practically any possible resistances that Acnologia has towards instant death abilities would be bypassed by Ainz's TGoALID.
Both zeref instant death magic and tgoalid are based on magic, acnologia is resisting to the very source of their attacks which is their magic. Without magic, the ability of ainz wouldn't work.

Also resisting the very source of their attack and resisting the attack itself is 2 different things, acnologia is able to both eat and resist the very source of ainz attack which is his magic. So i don't think it would work at all, just by the fact that acnologia can both eat and resist the source of the attack itself.

Parkjammer said:
@IKazi TGOALID's effect is it bypasses all resistances and immunities so I am inclined to believe it would work on Acnologia (even if his resistance is high)
Also some clarification for you, skills aren't considered magic. Maruyama (overlord's creator) emphasizes the differences between magic and skills throughout the wholebook series, and TGOALID is considered a racial / job skill.

Ainz FRA
Do you have any scans from novel in which says that tgoalid is not based on magic, if you do have then we will drop this debate and give ainz the wins. But until that, we will keep considere the tgoalid as a magical ability.

Because the tgoalid is made using magic as it source, acnologia is able to resist it and even eat it. So i'm still voting inconclusiv because acnologia can't kill ainz and ainz can't kill acnologia.

I have a question Ikazi, can Acnologia keep people from not casting spells? if not then TGOALID is a skill used on Ainz himself (a buff) that makes his death magic bypass all resistances. I'm not seeing how it couldn't effect Acnologia. You're saying magic itself doesn't affect him but that's NLF, because Ainz clearly has the skill to buff his death magic so that it will affect him

@Parkjammer

"TGOALID is a skill used on Ainz himself (a buff) that makes his death magic bypass all resistances." Saying that it can bypass all kinds of resistance, even something like magic resistence, tell me isn't that a NLF.

What acnologia is resisting and eating is the very source of ainz abilities, something he has shown in the fairy tail series. You said that ainz is using instant death magic, and tgoalid is only a buff that strengthens his instant death magic. but let me tell you, what is the instant death spell made out of, as long as you say it's magic than acnologia will be able to eat/resist that very source of that spell which is it's magic.

I'll even give TGOALID limits for you. It killed Shalltear who has immunity to death magic, not just very high resistance. She's already dead and she was killed with this magic. It killed a construct without the concept of death. It was stated to have killed the air, and killed the ground, and everything else both Living and Not Living within a 100m radius. That being said, I thoroughly believe that Acnologia has no way to resist this magic. (I didn't really give limits, but this is what it's been shown to do. It's limits could be higher, but it doesn't need to be to defeat Acnologia)

Also I don't exactly know how Acnologia eating things works, but Death magic isn't physical, there's nothing to eat. Every account of death magic shows this.

I know I won't be able to debate this with you because I can tell you're adamant about this, but I don't see a way Acnologia can resist TGOALID which is supposed to bypass all resistances (even racial resistances, etc.) It's it's very purpose.

@Parkjammer

"It killed Shalltear" So? This doesn't mean anything, does shalltear have magic resistence? can shalltear eat magic itself?.It doesn't matter what the ability can do, as long as it's made of magic acnologia will be able to eat it and resist it.

"Death magic isn't physical, there's nothing to eat. Every account of death magic shows this." He ate his way out of a pocket dimension that has both space and time, he ate time something that isn't physical. Also death magic has a source, it's called magic. acnologia is able to eat and resist magic, something he has shown to be able to do.

For me the TGOALID can't bypass magic resistence, because of the fact that it's a magic ability. All the arguement you have come up with so far has not shown me how TGOALID is able to defeat acnologia, someone who is able to eat and resist magic itself.

"which is supposed to bypass all resistances (even racial resistances, etc.)" Sounds like NLF to me, "bypass all resistances" even magic resistence? doesn't make sense.

@Ikazi

There is nothing NLF about it. Read the ability yourself. You want a feat? He killed someone that not just has resistance no-no but IMMUNITY to death magic. So Acnologia ain't doing jack shit and he'll be long dead before he even attempts to eat the magic. End of story. It's a stomp for Ainz and this can be closed now.

@Aizenishere

IMMUNITY to death magic is the same as magic resistence, that makes 100% sense doesn't it. Ainz won't be able to defeat acnologia as long his using magic, all of his magical attacks will be eaten or won't even do jack shit to acnologia because of his magic resistence. It doesn't matter weather it's death magic, it will get resisted or eaten.

Dude.. I want you to sit back and just think about it ok. She is IMMUNE to the type of MAGIC he specializes in. Dragon boi has RESISTANCE to MAGIC in general. Therefore if Ainz can get past her IMMUNITY to DEATH MAGIC then Acs RESISTANCE to MAGIC means absolutely nothing.

You're not making sense here lad. What you're arguing is resistance to ALL MAGIC is > IMMUNITY to DEATH MAGIC AGAINST DEATH MAGIC

Alright everyone, lets ignore Ikazi, theres no arguing with someone who thinks a move that bypasses magic resistance will be resisted by magic resistances lol. It's getting to the point where it's looking like trolling I shouldn't have to say this but A move that Bypasses magic resistance > Magic resistance > magic

@Aizenishere

The ability doesn't matter to acnologia at all, what he is resistence to is the source of the ability in which is made of magic, her being immune to death magic isn't the same as being resistence to magic at all.

Acnologia-magic
The source of ainz abilities will be eaten by acno, those nullifying it. Anything ainz throws at acnologia will either be eaten or resisted, i don't see how ainz is gonna do anything to acnologia and i don't see how acnologia is gonna do anything to ainz which makes this a inconclusiv match.

@parkjammer

Couldn't bring any good argument to the table so you're instead calling others a troll, way to go man.

"theres no arguing with someone who thinks a move that bypasses magic resistance will be resisted by magic resistances lol." Where does it say that it can bypass magic resistence, please bring a scan.

Magic resistence > Abilities made using magic as it's source. Unless ainz have any other ability that does not use magic, then he isn't killing acno simple.

"Ainz's trump card, ÒÇîThe Goal Of All Life Is DeathÒÇì strengthened the effect of instant death magic and skills. Thus augmented, those instant-death effects could bypass any immunities or resistance and kill their targets after a certain amount of time had passed.

One could resist it by using a resurrection effect on themselves within twelve seconds, as Shalltear had.

The air and the land had also died because of that effect."

The skill literally bypasses magic immunity, IDK what else to say about it to make you understand. Acnologia loses.

I brought you your scan, I hope you can accept it now

@Parkjammer

"Ainz's trump card, ÒÇîThe Goal Of All Life Is DeathÒÇì strengthened the effect of instant death magic and skills. Thus augmented, those instant-death effects could bypass any immunities or resistance and kill their targets after a certain amount of time had passed.

One could resist it by using a resurrection effect on themselves within twelve seconds, as Shalltear had.

The air and the land had also died because of that effect."

I don't see anything that says it can bypass magic resistence, you're assuming that it can bypass magic resistence, when in fact it isn't able to since the ability itself is magic based.

Sorry dude, but it looks like it's still inconclusiv. Unless you have a another way that ainz can kill acno with, tgoalid isn't one of them since it's a magical ability.

Oh my lord Ikazi it literally says "those instant-death effects could bypass any immunities or resistance and kill their targets after a certain amount of time has passed"

It's so intellectually dishonest of you to ignore what is literally right in front of you, Jesus

It's the WHOLE POINT of the move, to bypass magic immunities and resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back