• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clash of dragons (Gaping Dragon vs Electro Dragon) {STOMP}

Peppersalt43

They/Them
8-B Versions used
Fight takes place in Gaping Dragon's arena, 20 meters apart
Speed equalized
First key electro dragon used

Electro Dragon : 1
Gaping Dragon : 0
Incon : 0

Story

While searching for a vulnerable village to attack, The Grand Warden came across a loosely guarded swamp town named Blighttown. While considering an attack, he noted a creature in a pit near the gate leading to the town. It was a horrific beast with a giant gaping maw on is belly and worse still, it was supposed to be a dragon. Fearing that this dragon may be unleashed from an assault to the village, a single electro dragon was sent to take it down.

Last edited:
This one’s a bit interesting. The e-drag is generally a slow attacker and it takes a few seconds for it to fire an attack. Looking at the gaping dragon’s profile, it’ll all depend on whether it’s fluid would one shot the e-drag or not. If not I’d probably give it to the e-drag since I imagine it’s attacks would one shot the gaping dragon.

I think I will vote e-dragon since in game it’s pretty tanky, so I imagine it would be able to tank the gaping dragon’s attack and one shot the gaping dragon.

Yeah, neither is one-shottinf here. Electro is 26.34 tons of TNT and the toothy ****** upscales to baseline.

Yeah, neither is one-shottinf here. Electro is 26.34 tons of TNT and the toothy ****** upscales to baseline.
I've never actually asked this but uh, is baseline the minimum value or average value of an AP scale? (Basically 8-B is between 11 to 100 tons of TNT. Is baseline 11 or 55 tons?)

I've never actually asked this but uh, is baseline the minimum value or average value of an AP scale? (Basically 8-B is between 11 to 100 tons of TNT. Is baseline 11 or 55 tons?)
11. And now correction, ****** face is about .53 tons above baseline.

11.33 tons vs 26.34 tons lol
So it's a bit over 2x AP difference, huh?

Ok so essentially here are the notable advantages for both sides

Gaping dragon has an attack that deals extremely large amounts of damage, that being the grab attack. If the victim doesn't escape, death is guaranteed. Now Gaping Dragon has a class K lifting strength while Electro Dragon has a Class 10 so if he does land a grab, Electro Dragon would probably take loads of damage. Gaping Dragon has demonstrated the ability to jump decently high and his arena has a roof.

Electro Dragon has the advantage of only having electric based damage, something Gaping Dragon is vulnerable to. Oh and he flies

I’ve come to correct something. Dark Soul’s 8-Bs are supposed to be upgraded. The 8-B feat that was slightly above baseline was nuked when dark soul’s speed was nuked so the only 8-B feat that remains is the 45 or 60 ton one from the cursed tree.

All the other 8-B feats came from elemental attacks that no longer scale to ap.

I’ve come to correct something. Dark Soul’s 8-Bs are supposed to be upgraded. The 8-B feat that was slightly above baseline was nuked when dark soul’s speed was nuked so the only 8-B feat that remains is the 45 or 60 ton one from the cursed tree.

All the other 8-B feats came from elemental attacks that no longer scale to ap.
Well would you look at that. So now it's Gaping Dragon who has the 2x AP advantage. Still Electro Dragon's electric attacks will help him bypass the dura due to his electric attacks.

So who do you think will win?

Wait what? I thought he can spit acid and jump really high. This is still his arena so there's a roof

Also yes, Electro Dragon flies all the time but in-character as long as his opponent is in range, he will not move

Would him not moving be gameplay mechanics though. I know Clash of Clans has animated shorts, but did the lightning dragon show up in those and just stand still to let people attack him.

His acid spit is not a ranged attack, it only covers the ground, it’s an extended melee attack (as in its extends from him, not the versus battle range we put on profiles).

He can jump from a second before he falls to the ground, at best he gets in like one hit and the lightning dragon continues to shoot at him.

Granted I believe Dark Souls dragons weakness to lightning was actually changed in a revision. They have a positive resistance to lightning in game (you can have negative resistance in dark souls) so I believe we just count their scales as being weak to lightning. Though I need to recheck those revisions.

Well even if that revision went through it seems it didn’t effect the Gaping Dragon’s profile, so I think the lightning dragon may range stomp.

The gaping dragon could possibly hit the lightning dragon for like a second, while the lightning dragon is constantly out of his range 99% of the time and constantly shooting the gaping dragon with his weakness.

Well even if that revision went through it seems it didn’t effect the Gaping Dragon’s profile, so I think the lightning dragon may range stomp.

The gaping dragon could possibly hit the lightning dragon for like a second, while the lightning dragon is constantly out of his range 99% of the time and constantly shooting the gaping dragon with his weakness.
What about the grab attack? While it's not demonstrated since we're never above the Gaping Dragon, wouldn't it try to grab its opponent if they only get one shot at hurting its opponents? It has superior lifting strength to back it up

The gaping dragon is practically mindless, so I’m not even sure it would jump up to attack the lightning dragon before being shot dead. The gaping dragon grabbing him revolves around the lightning dragon just standing there and taking it. If we’re going off gameplay to say the lightning dragon will just stand there, then the gaping dragon wouldn’t jump at him based of his gameplay. So either the lightning dragon dodges or the gaping dragon never jumps to begin with.

I would say so. You could possibly argue it is just as decisive as it gets, but I’m more leaning towards stomp. The gaping dragon would have to be very lucky to even land one hit while the lightning dragon gets to freely barf the gaping dragon’s weakness at him at all times.

Oh well, that's fine I guess. One less thread to bump. I'll probably try to make a different yet similar match like this in the future since Electro Dragon is severely underutilized

Oh well, might as well finish the story

With the defeat of the monstrous dragon, The Grand Warden waged the attack on the small swamp town. Despite the effects of the poison, they reigned successful.

Strangely enough, there was one room in the town which no troops returned from, with reports of skittering noises being heard from within

Last edited:
Back