• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Pre-headshot accel? Seeker of Truth stomps, because Accel cannot deal with magic vectors at this key and Seeker of Truth's space barrier that works based on magic would be unbreakable for Accel.

No victory condition for Accel, hence stomp.

Stomp
"Kore Wa Stompu Desu Ga?"

Hard to say. AP advantage would be insanely massive though. I read the first part of the Index LN years ago so I don't quite remember how effective accel is at countering magic with that key. The problem is that this match-up just doesn't seem very fitting because once Accel gains the ability to change the vectors of magic, the stomp gets reversed completely in the other direction.

I don't see how manipulating magic would allow him to get around stuff like space and the void. Like, Han's magic nullification didn't work because it couldn't reach the magic at all.

Oh right, that might indeed be the case, but then it would still just be a stomp for Seeker of Truth instead because post-headshot Accel can only use his ability for 3 minutes and even if he can block all attacks, he'd eventually run out of battery and get killed.

Black Wing accel would probably be able to do something about the barrier, but by that time the AP advantage would be so absurdly massive that it wouldn't be even a challenge. Basically because of the barrier this match-up is always a stomp one way or another.

Wonder if Follower of Darkness would be a good match-up.

I'm... not sure how the two's powers would interact.

Yes it would, because Han would be able to know everything about Accel's skills and just mindhax him. His speed would make the difference in that Accel wouldn't ever get to fight back at all.

Accel's vector reflection defense is PASSIVE though.

But with Jee-Han the same issue would be coming up where pre-headshot can't block any magic and any later Accel keys has too high AP advantage.

Which means nothing in front of something without vectors like the Hound of Tindalos or mental transcendence. Yeah, they have visual representation, but so does Telekinesis, and that is plain stated to not move through space and just apply force directly.

NeoSuperior said:
Accel's vector reflection defense is PASSIVE though.
But with Jee-Han the same issue would be coming up where pre-headshot can't block any magic and any later Accel keys has too high AP advantage.
I wouldn't say he couldn't block any magic as Accel was blocking magic even before he knew about it. It depends on how conceptional the magic attack is really.

Oh right, now I remember it. Accel can sort of block magic, but the effect is rather out of control. The vectors get messed up and go into a random direction instead of being reflected outright. Was that how it is? It's really been some time since I read the part where Accel first encounters magic and I haven't watched the third Index anime season yet either.

Scrlk666777 said:
@FloweyAlex
How does battleplan work? Can Han get Accel's weaknesses just by looking at him?
Well, Observe and Battleplan.

Observe tells hima his mental and physical stats, a summary of his life, and gives infor on the two abilities he favors using most. (It also tells him toher stuff like race, age, emotions and such, but that doesn't matter).

Battleplan tells him his resistances, answwers questions about his abilities, and gives an optimal way to beat him.

NeoSuperior said:
Oh right, now I remember it. Accel can sort of block magic, but the effect is rather out of control. The vectors get messed up and go into a random direction instead of being reflected outright. Was that how it is? It's really been some time.
Yes that's right. So the magic disperses itself instead of being reflected. That said he now has a much better understanding of magic.

FloweryAlex said:
Scrlk666777 said:
@FloweyAlex
How does battleplan work? Can Han get Accel's weaknesses just by looking at him?
Well, Observe and Battleplan.
Observe tells hima his mental and physical stats, a summary of his life, and gives infor on the two abilities he favors using most. (It also tells him toher stuff like race, age, emotions and such, but that doesn't matter).

Battleplan tells him his resistances, answwers questions about his abilities, and gives an optimal way to beat him.
Yes but can he do this if Accel only stands there and reflects attacks?

Well... yeah. They are both Information Analysis from afar.

He might start firing a few mana arrows while he does it, but he can hardly be hurt by them even if they are reflected, especially now that he's got a 500% dura increase and passive mana barriers.

Scrlk666777 said:
Yes that's right. So the magic disperses itself instead of being reflected. That said he now has a much better understanding of magic.
Yes, but that "now" refers to 5-B whether that includes wings or not (the only issue is that wingless Accel has a time limit of 3 minutes). Energy-wise that over 10,000,000,000,000,000 times stronger than Jee-Han or Seeker of Truth. And it's said that 7.5 times stronger is what it usually takes to one-shot someone.

ADmittedly, Han could still probably try and dodge if he gets his speed amps off, since his teleportation would especially help with it.

Tough, at the "now", couldn't accel kill him from range? Even Han doubted that Gamer's Body let's him take brain destruction.

One might wonder if the "analysis" ability would get affected by reflection or not. Depends if it's just something that interprets things based on sight, or if it's actually some supernatural power that "scans" the target, or perhaps is something that checks Akashik Records or something along those lines (though one might argue that the last case would be limited to magic-users and wouldn't work for science-based ESPers like Accel).

@FloweryAlex

Accel has remote vectors in his winged forms, if it's Platinum wings Accel could kill Hans with a simple thought.

Going onto Seeker depending what Accel you use the battle would either be a win for Seeker or would end inconclusively. Seekers immortality would make him impossible to kill.

I'm... not sure. Life Howling interpreted it as taking info from a place with all the knowledge in the world, but the two are not in a shared universe as far as we know (beyond having the same author).

I doubt it's sight based (Han did accidentally observe an llusion barrier despite not seeing it), tough it's up in the air if it's Gaia's version of Insight or simply info analysis (Likely the latter, since it can be countered with relative ease).

Seeker vs Touma would be interesting though. Though I'd expect it to be mainly about whether or not Touma's imagine breaker could destroy the space barrier or not.

Scrlk666777 said:
@FloweryAlex
Accel has remote vectors in his winged forms, if it's Platinum wings Accel could kill Hans with a simple thought.

Going onto Seeker depending what Accel you use the battle would either be a win for Seeker or would end inconclusively. Seekers immortality would make him impossible to kill.
I imagine both the void and "cutting" space in half fall under "no vectors", and killing Seeker's puppet would end in incap/BFR since his real body can't really reach him in time.

So, stomp either way.

NeoSuperior said:
Seeker vs Touma would be interesting though. Though I'd expect it to be mainly about whether or not Touma's imagine breaker could destroy the space barrier or not.
He should probably be able to get past everything except the void, since the void is the lack of dimension.

He should also one-shot, since the puppet is magical.

The void is upkept/summoned through supernatural means though, so it's possible that it'd get dispelled as well just from Touma's Imagine Breaker entering it.

I mean, it isn't really summoned. It's what happens when you smash the dimension (The spatial kind, not the tiering kind) so hard that nothing is left. Unless IB retroactively recreates the dimension, it would likely stay as it is.

Not that Seeker would use it before getting punched, with how proud about his barriers he is.

I guess there could be an argument that Touma would have a problem with the shiton of Chakram he can throw around.

If the chakrams cut Touma's IB arm, it would trigger Dragons/Invisible Thing to attack and then something like a void would likely not be of much help.

Void also disappears after a few minutes.

Yeah, Seekers best bet would be either trying to cut Touma in a deadly way (Say cutting one of his tights) and dodging, or making a void and Touma trying to punch him and probably fail.

Neither would happen tough, since he doesn't act like that in-character. He'd likely test out his powers, and try to observe him. His space shield would make him unable to move or fly away, and then he just kinda dies.

He might also do the same mistake as Aurelius Izzard did in Index and determine that Touma's arm is the issue and cut it, which will cause an instant loss due to Dragon/Invisible Thing. The only way to beat Touma is actually killing or KOing him while keeping his arm intact, or BFRing/sealing/restraining him though something like normal non-magical shackles. Body Reinforcements are also difficult to counter for Touma, as he wasn't able to much against opponents like saints. Heck, any martial artist would probably be too much for him as well.

Because the initial match-up seems like is a mismatch. It's hard to see any result aside from a one-sided stomp or incon.

FloweryAlex said:
Yes it would, because Han would be able to know everything about Accel's skills and just mindhax him. His speed would make the difference in that Accel wouldn't ever get to fight back at all.
Why do people believe in the mind-hax meme against Accel still when its never worked before and wouldn't?

Why do people believe in the mind-hax meme against Accel still when its never worked before and wouldn't?

Why wouldn't it if he hasn't shown feats on that level?

Because why would mind hax work on someone whose vectors block out shit up to 11D's? To mind hax someone you're forcing a change into their mind and the chemicals in their brain. You're taking control of their brain and Accelerator can monitor all changes in his body immediately to counteract a change like that. Same reason shit like blood bending and what not won't work on him, unless you wanna say 'mind hax doesn't effect the brain'. It's debateable if mind-hax that doesn't require a direction or sight would work but I wouldn't assume it would. It's like saying 'Accelerator can't reflect light on him from his field to blind people'. Knowing how his ability works, it's not far-fetched to assume he can alter light direction. Taking control of the Soul itself is a different story but mind-hax is a debatable if it doesn't require sight/direction.

Back