• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerator vs Anai Miu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her sword only stops time if the target is cut or before that?

If it doesn´t stop time beforehand I would certainly give the first scenario to accelerator, because she shouldn´t be able to get through his reflection. But if she can basically freely stop the time of the target it depends on wether or not she can survive the first attack accelerator can produce. I would say she likely can´t, but that is judging from the profile.

For scenario 2 I give it to the FTL one. (btw. shouldn´t she be Massively FTL+ if she is hundreds of thousand times faster than light?)

Her sword only stops time if the target is cut or before that?

Before.

shouldn´t she be Massively FTL+ if she is hundreds of thousand times faster than light?

I will fix it.

Should this really be added to their wins/losses? there is nowhere near the standard amount of input needed to add to it to Victories/Losses..

Should this really be added to their wins/losses? there is nowhere near the standard amount of input needed to add to it to Victories/Losses..

Well, I wait about 4 month.

If you not agree - you free to write arguments in this thread.

otherwise readers might see the losses as unfair and biased

Well, DontTalk - one of To Aru experts on this wiki. And he write his opinion about this fight.

Yes well it doesn't really matter how old the thread is, you need the communities opinions on it, And I have no idea about Anai Miu.

and really, nobody giving a opinion is pretty much expected when you have 2 obscure characters in a match like this.

DontTalk gave his opinion yes but you can't decide a win/loss based off 1 reply..

and really, nobody giving a opinion is pretty much expected when you have 2 obscure characters in a match like this.

Well, if nobody has opinion - that's not my problem, right?

I know both characters. So, I can judge this fight.

If you have objections about result - I will listen you.

DontTalk gave his opinion yes but you can't decide and win/loss based off 1 reply..

If no one else has opinion - why not? You had 4 monthes (!) for writing your opinion.

P.S. This thread is not closed. You can write your opinion. And result may be changed.

Since I dropped Mahou Shoujo of the End a while ago I reread the chapters in which Anai Miu fights to get a refresher on her powers. Her sword only stops time once here, this scene plus the fact that she didn't use it to prevent the other enemies from running away at the end of the fight here, and an enemy not being bothered by the sword here leads me to believe the time stop sword has limits and only works as some kind of paralyzing beam (obviously, not in the literal sense, its still a time stop). At least, she obviously needs to be able to tag the target with it in some way to stop their time. Her merging with the parasite mahou shoujo also runs out after what can only be a few minutes at most, leaving her too drained to fight and in bad condition, as seen here and here.

Given that my opinion is the following:

1: While the mechanics of the sword's time stop are unclear it's clearly not an instant "always hits the enemy" time stop. Since I have no clue as to how it would interact with Accel's redirection (the mechanics might be simply be "point the swords's tip at the enemy") I'll assume it's not affected by it for simplicity. It would fall to whether she can tag Accel with it before her time limit runs out. Considering Accel's personality and fighting style she probably wins 8 or 9 times out of ten. My vote goes to Miu.

2: Forget the time-stop, Miu merged with the mahou shoujo is too fast for Accel and kills him easily. Mius stomps Accel in this one since his base durability is too low, again, my vote goes to Miu.

As a side-note, I think it should be clarified in Miu's profile that her Massively FTL+ speed is only in merging form (it needs to differentiate between normal Miu and merged Miu in general). We should also note the unclear mechanics of the time stop sword and the weakness of the merging running out incredibly fast and leaving her very weakened afterwards.

As a side-note, I think it should be clarified in Miu's profile that her Massively FTL+ speed is only in merging form (it needs to differentiate between normal Miu and merged Miu in general). We should also note the unclear mechanics of the time stop sword and the weakness of the merging running out incredibly fast and leaving her very weakened afterwards.

Okay. I will add it.

with speed equal it would be accelerator, i dont see anai being able to kill him if she cant use her speed advantage :I

for the second i think anai wins, time stop or not anai has FTL+ attackign speed right? and since we know that FTL is the upper limit of accelerators reflection than it should be possible for her to easily atack accelerator before his abilitys can interefore,

without time stop anai could win, it depends on accelerator, if he attacks before her or not, with time stop anai overhelms easily, this should be added to wins/losses ^_^

this should be added to wins/losses ^_^

You mean - add round 1 with speed equals?

i dont think that anai wins if speed is equal :(

Well, anyway, she wins if speed is not equal.

I don't think speed matters here, if this is pre-bullet accelerator, his reflection is always on and it works even on magic and on 11 dimensions, I don't see how miu could win this. And since reflection doesn't require active calculations on his part he can reflect even instantaneous things like teleportation.

Quanticcat said:
I don't think speed matters here.
Speed wise accels refelction is bound to his unconciouss calculation speed, which is lightspeed at base and at least 2*lightspeed in angel/pre-Headshot.

Everything Massively FTL+ blitzes him.

However now that I think about it miu isn't massively FTL, assuming for simplicity that the mahou shoujo she cut is 1m wide and 2m tall, and since the smallest human cells are around 1 micrometer wide she only needs to make 10^6 vertical cuts 2 meters long and 2*10^6 horizontal cuts 1 meters long to cut all her cells at least once, so her sword traveled 4*10^6 meters distance in total in around one second. The speed of light is 3*10^8. This makes her sub-relativistic.

since the smallest human cells are around 1 micrometer wide she only needs to make 10^6 vertical cuts 2 meters long and 2*10^6 horizontal cuts 1 meters long to cut all her cells at least once, so her sword traveled 4*10^6 meters distance in total in around one second. The speed of light is 3*10^8. This makes her sub-relativistic.

She has destroyed cells - cell by cell (c)

Scans in the profile.

I'm familiar with the manga, however a single swing cuts multiple cells (you can even see this in the scan), she doesn't need 1 swing per cell, that's just ridiculous. Also I investigated more and skin cells (those in the scan look like skin cells) are 30 micrometers wide, so with my past calculation each cell is cut around 60 times. More than enough to destroy something on a cellular level.

she doesn't need 1 swing per cell, that's just ridiculous

But it's a fact of the manga.

Cell by cell (c)

You shouldn't base feats on translations when they are different from what is drawn. In the scans we can clearly see the cuts in a cross-section and each cell is cut only hundreds of times. If we add one order of magnitude to my calculations you get 600 cuts per cell (which I'm sure is more cuts than the scan but I'm not willing to count those). Heck I can't find the raws but I bet the phrasing was something like "ceeru hitotsu hitotsu de" which can mean each cell one by one, or just absolutely all the cells (like emphatizing it was every single one, japanese is weird like that). Also even if she could do one swing per cell I don't see why she would, with 3*10^7 swings she guarantees each cell is cut hundreds of times, doing one swing per cell is like throwing a star at a mosquito to kill it.

An author specially did accent on one cell in the manga.

An author specially wrote - cell by cell.

But you don't agree with author... Well, it's only your speculations.

I don't agree with the translation, it's different. And the author also drew the page where you can see the cuts and that wasn't translated, therefore it's more reliable. Arguing whether cell by cell means one swing per cell or that she cut each cell at least once is linguistics, we don't need that when we can clearly see a cross-section of the cuts.

we don't need that when we can clearly see a cross-section of the cuts.

Aaaaaaaand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back