• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality vs HD Causality

this is why I was wondering, because causality already involves time
The wiki has time and causality as being completely different and separate due to a number of verses that treats them as their own separate concepts.

Edit: some verses take inspiration from buddhist concepts for their causality system which does not have a causality system reliant on time amd is not time.

Last edited:
Your right but at the same time that's applying to strict of logic to fiction. PIS happens. The plot needs to flow forward somehow even on timeless voids
Uh no, we give the character resistance to time stop. most times when a there’s no time its a huge plot point and often results in the characters needing to face the threat or realm so no pis really happens.

Uh no, we give the character resistance to time stop. most times when a there’s no time its a huge plot point and often results in the characters needing to face the threat or realm so no pis really happens.
BTW what's this to do with causality?

Time is needed for cause and effect, without it actions can’t be done unless the character resist.
DontTalk debated this in the CRT that changed the current type 5 stating his disagreement with it, and a few staff agreed with him iirc.

Hence why currently the wiki has time and causality separated unless a verse proves their the same"

imo Temporal Causality should be its own type though.

DontTalk debated this in the CRT that changed the current type 5 stating his disagreement with it, and a few staff agreed with him iirc.

Hence why currently the wiki has time and causality separated unless a verse proves their the same"

imo Temporal Causality should be its own type though.
I think most verses intertwine time and causality into each other. Not sure what verse doesnt but if there are then they would be treated completely different compared to the general function.

I think most verses intertwine time and causality into each other. Not sure what verse doesnt but if there are then they would be treated completely different compared to the general function.
I only know of 1 verse that has them as being completely and wholly separate concepts.

but if you don't like the idea of time and causality being separate then you should start a staff thread.

I recommend just making it into a separate type, or make an "Aspect" similar to what the NEP page looks like.

If causality and time are connected, then wouldn't a resistance to causality manipulation result in a resistance to time manipulation and vice versa?

If causality and time are connected, then wouldn't a resistance to causality manipulation result in a resistance to time manipulation and vice versa?
I think Time is needed for cause and effect which would make resisting time more powerful than forms of cause and effect.

Time is needed for cause and effect, without it actions can’t be done unless the character resist.
No, it is not needed. Explain to me the World of Void logic, then. The causality system was still there without time.

Oh, I see. You want to create a staff thread for it. Alright, then. Have fun, but pretty sure it will be rejected for a couple of reasons.
But seems I am getting ignored here, would not bother then.

Title is self explanatory, this thread serves the purpose of finding out if characters with type 4 Acausality can resist higher dimensional forms of Causality / Fate Manipulation. Example being that character A has type 4 Acausality but their cosmology only extends to 3-D in size and Potency. Character B comes from a verse from a much bigger cosmology and has Causality Manipulation that works on a 4-D level.

Given the difference of infinity between the two system of cause and effect character B's Causality Manipulation should be more than capable of overpowering character A's Acausality.
I have a similar Question can we counter Fate Manipulation if we have Type 2 Acausality

Back