• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality Type 5 checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Executor_N0 Do you have any scans regarding Mother Eater's Type 5 Acausality? The standard's changed to where just being above cause and effect isn't enough.

Also skimmed some more, these two seems to be just type 4 Acausality at best, same with Q though it can be type 2 and 4 for them. Sassy the Sasquatch and the Swirl of the Root doesn't have anything so I'm assuming its the old type 5 stuff and will put them on the list unless there's any evidence for them to have the new type 5. Downstreamers, Animorph characters, The Starmaker, The Narrator, Stellaris player, and the Goddess of the Manifold have type 5 for no reason. The Illusionist has it for reasons not related to transcending cause and effect.

Other than that the only ones left to discuss are Yogiri, which I don't recall getting any answers to on his type 5 nature so.

Last edited:
@Gasper Once we have everything checked off, Ultima's planning on some last minute comments on those who qualify for the new standards before we finish the thread.

@Elizhaa Is there anything left for Yogiri in terms of his type 5 Acausality? Because the scans you've referenced mostly refer to resistance to causality manipulation more than type 5.

Alright, it’s been over a week and I’m getting nothing, so I’m putting Yogiri on the list.

Just need to check with Ultima on the qualifiers and potentially Twin Peaks and we should be done with this thread.

SCP should qualify.
Noosphere is the platonic realm of forms and the source of time and space.
IN THE SCPVERSE, 50% OF ALL EVENTS/REALITY ARE GENERATED BY NARRATIVE INTENT. THE OTHER 50%, THE PHYSICAL/CAUSAL REALITY EXPERIENCED BY SAPIENT BEINGS WITHIN THE SCPVERSE, ARE GENERATED BY CONSENSUS PERCEPTION; THE SOCIALLY CONSTRUCTED REALITY OF WHAT PEOPLE, ON AVERAGE, THINK WILL HAPPEN, IS WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS. WHEN MOST PEOPLE IN THE SCPVERSE THINK THERE ARE MAGICAL AND ANOMALOUS THINGS, THEY ARE ABUNDANT. WHEN THE FOUNDATION STARTS CAUSING MAGIC AND FANTASY TO DIE OUT ON A MASSIVE SCALE, INEVITABLE HAPPENS.

SO AN EMBODIMENT WILL NOT INCLUDE CHARACTERISTICS THAT ARE INCONCEIVABLE BY HUMANS, BECAUSE SAID EMBODIMENT IS CONSTRUCTED FROM HUMAN-LEVEL CONCEPTION. ALSO, THE IDEA BEING POSITED IN 6820 IS THAT THE NOOSPHERE ESSENTIALLY IS PLATO'S WORLD OF DIVINE FORMS. THE PHYSICAL WORLD CONTAINS SHADOWS OF ANY AND ALL OF THESE FORMS, BUT ANY CONCEPT THAT ESCAPES GENERAL HUMAN CONCEPTION WILL NOT BE MANIFESTED IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD IN A WAY THAT HUMANS CAN AT ALL BE AWARE OF.

(...)IN THIS WAY, THE NOOSPHERE DEFINES THE BOUNDARIES OF CURRENT HUMAN COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS. EMBEDDED IN THE PERCEPTIONS OF WHAT HAVE HAPPENED AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN ARE CERTAIN PATTERNS — THE FORM OF A TABLE IS A CONCEPTION CONSTRUCTED FROM ALL TABLES THAT HUMANS HAVE EVER SEEN, OR WILL EVER SEE IN THE FUTURE.

Which is above infinite hierarchy of narratives each having their own temporal dimension. Mekhane created the concept of Acausality itself and it should exist inside the physical reality while the noosphere contains the platonic form of Acausality. Place said the Constants are unchangeable.

PS: not to mention Scarlet king was explicitly stated to existed before Acausality was a thing.

Last edited:
Can I see the text that mentions the unchangeable aspect as a result of being beyond causality?

@Gasper Can I see scans for where this text originates from?

Btw, we already use that interview on most SCP high tier pages and SCP Cosmology blog too.

There's also this from Chapter 1 Verse 1:
In the beginning, there was darkness. All was formless waste and empty void - The quiet nothing without time or place, the gentle sleep that has no waking.

All was still.

Nothing stirred in the darkness.

There's also this from Omnigenesis and the Law of Blades:

Chaos was giving birth to Erebus and Nyx. Atum was rising from the primordial sea. MEKHANE was drawing up the blueprints for causality. Yaldabaoth was spawning its first young. The Tree of Knowledge was being planted by a hideous serpent and Mother Death was teaching the syllables of creation to her thirteen children. On and on it went, an unending chain of ex nihilo.

Time was not yet a river— it was an ocean, an unceasing torrent that surged into the future into the past into the present. Space was likewise difficult to define; there was no boundary separating any one thing from any other, no distinction between a place and a person. That-which-would-become-the-multiverse was a whorl of matter and thought.

Khahrahk, whose breath is the sundering of worlds, saw this and felt extinction-fire flare in his chest— but there was nothing to be done. In this place where everything flowed freely into everything else, where all things existed beyond understanding or limit, conquest was made meaningless— and Khahrahk knew this.

Last edited:
I think I kinda understand it? I'm still trying to grasp it but I'm not seeing the part where there are beings that are unchangeable because they exist beyond cause and effect.

I think I kinda understand it? I'm still trying to grasp it but I'm not seeing the part where there are beings that are unchangeable because they exist beyond cause and effect.
Basically, the explanation in SCP-4755 explains that they all become unchangeable constants due to existing in the Noosphere, which is beyond every definition of time and causality as explained by Saikou, hope that clears some stuff up.

I'd like to see the scans that says this so I can confirm this.
It's the two scans that were already sent here by Saikou and this

“You see, Plato created an idea that there exists a world of forms. An idealistic, abstract realm where things called “platonic concepts” existed. These platonic concepts were described by him as “perfect”, transcending your physical universe, governing over even the archetypal concepts of space and time. Their forms are always constant, forever unchanging. Now these concepts cast shadows into the physical universe below, creating flawed versions of themselves.”
As soon as you reach the Noosphere, you become an unchangeable constant made up of platonic ideals that is transcendent of the physical universe and all definitions of time and causality.

Where exactly does it mention being in the Noosphere renders you into a platonic concepts that’s not connected to change itself?

Where exactly does it mention being in the Noosphere renders you into a platonic concepts that’s not connected to change itself?
The world of forms is Noosphere, and Noosphere is the source of causality. Everything that can be imagined by humanity is contained within it.
It is the realm of time itself.

And as i showed above, physical reality is causality:

IN THE SCPVERSE, 50% OF ALL EVENTS/REALITY ARE GENERATED BY NARRATIVE INTENT. THE OTHER 50%, THE PHYSICAL/CAUSAL REALITY EXPERIENCED BY SAPIENT BEINGS WITHIN THE SCPVERSE, ARE GENERATED BY CONSENSUS PERCEPTION; THE SOCIALLY CONSTRUCTED REALITY OF WHAT PEOPLE, ON AVERAGE, THINK WILL HAPPEN, IS WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS. WHEN MOST PEOPLE IN THE SCPVERSE THINK THERE ARE MAGICAL AND ANOMALOUS THINGS, THEY ARE ABUNDANT. WHEN THE FOUNDATION STARTS CAUSING MAGIC AND FANTASY TO DIE OUT ON A MASSIVE SCALE, INEVITABLE HAPPENS.

And as shown in This SCP, physical reality is tier 0 whereas the conceptual realms are tier 1, 2 and 3.

Last edited:
These two articles describe the process of becoming a platonic form in the Noosphere, for the first one use Ctrl F and type Noosphere, there's also Vol 2.

And with this scan from earlier which delves deeper into what happens when they turn into platonic abstracts
“You see, Plato created an idea that there exists a world of forms. An idealistic, abstract realm where things called “platonic concepts” existed. These platonic concepts were described by him as “perfect”, transcending your physical universe, governing over even the archetypal concepts of space and time. Their forms are always constant, forever unchanging. Now these concepts cast shadows into the physical universe below, creating flawed versions of themselves.”

They describe not only the process of becoming a platonic abstract, but the last scan explains the state that they're in as a result of transcending physical reality which was described by Saikou to be the reality that contains all definitions of time and causality. In that these platonic abstracts are completely separate due to transcending the reality that contains them, and thus becoming unchangeable constants due to the relation of being unbounded from causality as a whole.

For reference, this is what Saikou posted for proof:
Bracks: Noted. If I understood the parable correctly, are you suggesting that the Foundation has become a Tier V conceptual anomaly?

Irantu: Negative. I am saying that it always was Tier V. Your limited perception of Containment as a set of concrete-and-metal facilities located on a spinning rock is merely the residual effect of its elevation. Throughout all times and places, Containment has permeated and proliferated. The Foundation's final directive has already been accomplished: we have contained reality itself."

"Irantu: Does it need an explanation, Doctor? I have already told you that Containment has become a universal constant. There will always be the watchful eye of a deity, always the rigid authoritarianism of an Intrinsic, always the abyss which will stare back, always the Foundation. We have made infantilization a universal dogma. After 2103, there will be no choice. There will be no threat to uniformity. There will only be Containment. And who watches the watchmen

The Baker from cookie clicker?
Nope, while it does have stuff that can imply transcendence of causality, it has nothing for being unchanging, unless we wanna use the fact that heaven entirely stays unaffected by the stuff below it being entirely reset, but that can simply just be dismissed as being due to the fact that heaven is transcendent compared to the stuff below it.

I'm waiting for Ultima to reply since he told me to hold off the changes until he looks through who qualifies, it's been a month since he said that and he's yet to actually respond to me in regards to the thread because it's Ultima, but I wanna get that out of the way first before we apply any changes, so hold off for the time being until he shows up.

Is there anything that suggests Time and space is interchanged with causality in the series? If so then I can see type 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back