• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality Type 4 vs Type 2 w/ NPI

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
The questions;

Is Acausality Type 4 > Type 2?

If someone can null Type 4 does that mean they can null type 2?

Do you need feats of affecting a Type 2 Acausal to affect a Type 2? Is NPI on a Type 4 Irrelevant to a Type 2?

I been reading from past threads including staff ones. That none of the types (barring type 5 for obvious reasons lol) are superior to the other and neither is lesser than the other they are all equal to each other, but nothing clarifying their relationship with NPI stuff for versus threads.

Last edited:
Kinda
For the first point not really, the second point is a flat out no, third point is no and no, they mostly dont need npi to interact with them except for maybe 4 and def 5

Its more that due to acting in a different system type 4 is harder to affect than type 2 but if you can affect the system that is being used in type 4 they might as well not have it from how I understand it

Last edited:
Well, from what i can see, some people treat that if you can affect type 4 Acausals means you can also affect type 2 too

Well, from what i can see, some people treat that if you can affect type 4 Acausals means you can also affect type 2 too
that doesnt make sense cause you should be able to affect a type to acasual normally unless its something like time or causality manip affecting someone's other/higher system of causality doesnt mean you should be able affect someone who has no past of future without feats of doing that cause that

Well, i don't know much about this stuff, honesty, but i heard that Type 2 Acausals only have resistance instead of immunity iirc and because of that affecting Type 4 Acausals is more a impressive feat, since affecting someone that operates in a different laws of cause and effect is more difficult than someone that just is unaffected by changes in the past and future

Well, i don't know much about this stuff, honesty, but i heard that Type 2 Acausals only have resistance instead of immunity iirc and because of that affecting Type 4 Acausals is more a impressive feat, since affecting someone that operates in a different laws of cause and effect is more difficult than someone that just is unaffected by changes in the past and future
thats shouldn't be like that cause they are two different things having just because you operate on a different system doesnt mean you no longer have a past and future having type two still means you can still be affected in your past and future (unless your system of causality doesnt work like that)

Really? So it's gonna take a while for the Acausality revision to happens.

I remembered now some staff saying that there is not "Types" of Acausality, so this probably something that they gonna discuss in the future.

thats shouldn't be like that cause they are two different things having just because you operate on a different system doesnt mean you no longer have a past and future having type two still means you can still be affected in your past and future (unless your system of causality doesnt work like that)

Well, i was stating how some people treat Acausality Type 2 and 4 here.

I don't know much about Acausality stuff to help with the topic.

Well if I remember it may be because they are type 4 chars that transcended causality but they have too many or too little things against type 5

Type 4 Acausality is just abiding by a different flow of causality. This ranges from existing outside of history and fate but still being able to be physically interacted with normally to outright being very difficult to attack.

Type 4 Acausality is just abiding by a different flow of causality. This ranges from existing outside of history and fate but still being able to be physically interacted with normally to outright being very difficult to attack.
Whats your idea of how Type 2 works?

You just exist in a singular point in time. There's no future or past version of you. You can be punched and killed just fine but being time paradoxed or precognition doesn't work on you by default.

You just exist in a singular point in time. There's no future or past version of you. You can be punched and killed just fine but being time paradoxed or precognition doesn't work on you by default.
That sounds kind of weird t me. Is that something that is dependent on the cosmology of the verse and context? Like having "no future" could mean you have no future a planck second ahead of you. to me it sound slike you (the character) are/is in some sort of "Paused Causality" or "Stopped Time" and also operating on some sort of "Different system of causality"

Last edited:
Time is a river and you're a stone dropped in. Everything else is water in that river. That's the best way I can describe it.

Time is a river and you're a stone dropped in. Everything else is water in that river. That's the best way I can describe it.
However, being that you do no have a past, or future. You are some how displaced and making you not apart of the river? It kind of sounds like "being outside of history." The river should appear frozen to the character with no past, and future. They are in a state of a constant "Present' that doesn't end. Forever froze in that one moment? Cannot be observed by the observers because there is no past, and no future. The "Type 2" should perceive all the others are frozen in a stand still, while the others cannot perceive the "Type 2" at all?

Look, just don't overthink this. Fiction rarely thinks about the ramifications of certain powers and it would be a headache if we did. Basically, if you time travelled, you wouldn't meet the person and would leave him behind.

Back