• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the OP Planet Size

Ok, so I was binge reading the series and when I got to chapter 104 they mention that it would take an estimated 2-3 years for Brook and his crew to circle the planet and see Laboon again. Is it at all possible for us to make a calc for the size of the planet based on this? Taking into account potential stops?

"they mention that it would take an estimated 2-3 years for Brook and his crew to circle the planet and see Laboon again."

id suggest you to carefully read that again. i just read the viz and nowhere does it say this

The One Piece world is big but not ridiculously big. We know that they navigated about roughly half the circumference of the world in less than a year / a few months. And this is with them zigzagging from island to island and taking breaks instead of travelling in a straight line.

But I don't know where this statement is coming from that they would need 2 - 3 years to travel around the globe.

I personally think Alabasta's size is quite far-fetched and may be a case of Oda not understanding scale. (Which has happened before). It's inconsistent with some of the events of the story in that arc.

So reading the viz translation Lightbuster might have gotten it from this statement from Sanji saying they'd be back around the Grand Line in a couple of years (and couple usually means small amount like 2 or 3) https://*****************/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-104-page-5.html

Did a quick math is look like op earth will have 362491km radius, putting it over 56.8times earth radius

The problem is the amount of time spent in islands. Grand Line has like 10 different routes with different amount of islands that we are unaware of, with different times to charge the Log Pose to go to the next island.

That statement is unreliable. None of the Rumbar Pirates were on the Grand Line before, and there are islands like Little Garden that need one year just to charge the Log Pose.

Calaca is right. The journey time doesn't tell us much. We know that that Straw Hats travelled roughly half the Grand Line in a lot less than a year, and they didn't travel in a straight line.

Let it be known that according to Rayleigh, the Roger Pirates also conquered the entirety of the Grand Line in 3 years.

https://*****************/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-506-page-11.html

However, we also have little to no knowledge of the detours they went through. We also have to keep in mind that the Strawhats not only have a genius navigator to get them in a timely and efficient manner, but they also have a high quality ship through the latter half of Paradise. A reminder, that Merry, as well as the Rumbar Pirates ship, were already falling apart when they got to Paradise.

We would have to have calculations of the nautical speeds of these ships to see just how fast they are moving. This is also disregarding how dangerous the New World is in comparison and that detours were all but guarenteed once you reached it. We also have no idea when the Roger Pirates acquired the Oro Jackson which can be compared to the Sunny. Finally, unlike the Strawhats, both the Rumbar and the Roger Pirates had no establish route or endpoint to reach. Even with the detours, the Strawhats atleast have Raftel to aim for, while the latter were just sailing around the Grand Line.

Well someone would have to do more in depth research then me but the sunny is a brig sloop and they could exceed speeds of 11 knots but not 20 knots

Hello guys i have a huge question it may solve the ^^how fast are one piece or some one piece ships travel in the world/sea^^, (enel' cover pages)

and i may kinda have the answer of that and its about enel's ship he travel from earth to moon in a very small time o.0 can you calc that thanks :) (repost coz i thnik its better here)

Back