• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the hounds of tindalos.......

While i ,for the most part, agree with the Hound's unknow tier, their summary directly states that they are atleast 4-D beings and the classifcation says that they "exist far beyond human concepts of time, space, force and matter."

My first and main issue is that dispite this reletively clear assursion of their power, an by extension, tier, and while i may be completely wrong about this, but when i read that "beyond human concepts" bit, it seems quite similar to how irrelevant speed works, they are still unknow tier.

My second and last problem is that they are, atleast in the expanded mythos, manifestations/servants of a higher being named Mh'ithrha, who isn't technicacally an outer god, but is powerful enough to be counted among them, and is supposidly in an eternal battle with yog-sothoth himself.

So i propose Tier: Unknown, atleast 2-A, possibly far higher

Where i got my info for the second part, just take it with a grain of salt.

Pretty sure we don't scale from the expanded mythos. Just Lovecraft's original works.

The rest seems reasonable in some capacity, but I'm not an expert on the Cthulhu Mythos, so I'm not the guy to ask.

Someone might wanna go ahead and re-inform Azzy of this thread. He's probably forgotten about it by now, if he'd seen it to begin with.

Not sure, honestly. They're just kinda hard to put a solid tier to. I'll offer a better opinion in a little bit after I get some sleep.

Following up, the story does make it clear that the Hounds exist in a higher reality that time and space as we think of it (the 4-D universe) are just imperfect manifestations of, but I'm unsure if this should affect their AP or simply describe their nature. Similar to The Colour Out of Space.

Seems like the COOS is different

Its true dimensions are "too vast to measure" and that it did not obey the laws of our cosmos

the thing is that that definition of the COOS would make it like 1-B, which just seems kind of wierd for such a relatively "weak" monster.

Back