• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Is it true that a profile that is Tier 9-B and above absolutely needs to have Superhuman Physical Characteristics listed even if it is redundant due to being covered by another power like in this case: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/D_(Vampire_Hunter_D)?

I'm asking because someone else told me that and I want to know the opinions of other people about this.

The better question is why are Superhuman Physical Characteristics defined so low? Batman gets Superhuman Physical Characteristics even though he has always just been a Peak Human in a batsuit.

Eddie Hall deadlifted 500 kg, which would imply that the Lifting Strength and Superhuman Physical Characteristics page need updated to at least 500 kg to be the bare minimum of Superhuman. (Lifting Strength currently has 460 kg while Superhuman Physical Characteristics has 454 kg). He's a WSM competitor, but he's still a normal guy. Personally, I would rather try to define a body weight ratio rather than one solid number, since it's more impressive for a 120 lb guy to lift 600 lbs than it is for a 300 lb guy to lift 1100 lbs.

Usain Bolt ran 27 mph = 12.1 m/s while the current Superhuman Physical Characteristics says anything over 9.8 m/s. Interestingly enough, the Peak Human page seems to overlap with the Superhuman Physical Characteristics page...meaning there's no discernable difference between the two. A new study says humans could potentially top out at 40 mph = 17.9 m/s.

The Superhuman Physical Characteristics page says this: The levels of strength, speed or stamina significantly exceed what is theoretically feasible for a regular person.

The Peak Human page says this: A Peak Human is character with bodily functions at the maximum limit of human condition. It means that the character is way stronger, has more endurance and is faster than even other extremely athletic people could possibly achieve. They are the highest level a real life human could achieve.

So why is there no separation? Batman is known far and wide as just a guy in a batsuit. He's never been a superhuman, he's always been peak human, yet here he's defined by Superhuman Physical Characteristics. Should there not be a defining difference between Peak Human vs Superhuman Physcial Characteristics?

@ChemistKyle89

That wasn't what I wanted to know but if you want to discuss it here, I'm alright with it.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
To answer the OP's question, yeah, if you are 9-B and above (physically) you get Superhuman Physical Characteristics
Well, I already knew that much. What I really wanted to know was if a profile really needs it listed even if another power already covers it.

Example: Even though Vampire Physiology would imply Superhuman Physical Characteristics, not every iteration of vampires are necessarily superhuman, which is why it should also be included regardless of whether it's redundant or not.

ChemistKyle89 said:
Example: Even though Vampire Physiology would imply Superhuman Physical Characteristics, not every iteration of vampires are necessarily superhuman, which is why it should also be included regardless of whether it's redundant or not.
That is something I already knew. D (Vampire Hunter D) has Noble Physiology which covers Superhuman Physical Characteristics. What I would for example like to know is if he should have Superhuman Physical Characteristics added to his profile due to it not being listed despite it being already covered by a power he already has.

I would include it, since someone just stumbling upon the page won't necessarily know what Noble Physiology means. All I really knew about him was he was a Dhampir type character and Noble Physiology just makes me think about kings/queens and lords of medieval settings.

@ChemistKyle89

But Noble Physiology has it's own page where you can see that it includes Superhuman Physical Characteristics.

Actually clicking that makes me think a bunch of his redundantly listed powers could be removed from his tab. If it's listed on the Noble Physiology, it wouldn't need to be listed again (like Enhanced Senses and Telekinesis are later listed but they are listed on the Noble Physiology page). That would cut down some of the huge wall of text.

I didn't notice that. I just used him as an example for my question. I could remove the redundant powers if that is alright.

ChemistKyle89 said:
Actually clicking that makes me think a bunch of his redundantly listed powers could be removed from his tab. If it's listed on the Noble Physiology, it wouldn't need to be listed again (like Enhanced Senses and Telekinesis are later listed but they are listed on the Noble Physiology page). That would cut down some of the huge wall of text.
D has these powers listed still because hes not a regular Noble. He has better enhanced senses and other powers, via feats involving said powers. For example Noble Physiology has enhanced senses regularly, but D has like 2 extra senses compared to other nobles. Thats the only reason some of his powers are listed again, is because they are different and better than the average Noble.

As for superhuman characteristics I actually thought I removed that from the page.

@AogiriKira

Are you referring to the page of the character or Noble Physiology? If it is the former, Superhuman Physical Chracteristics isn't on his page.

Nehz XZX said:
@AogiriKira
Are you referring to the page of the character or Noble Physiology? If it is the former, Superhuman Physical Chracteristics isn't on his page.
Oh? I thought you meant Superhuman Phys was still on his page lol.

But I put that on the Noble Physiology page because I thought it was standard? Considering most if not every noble scales to 8-C+ Ap and Rel+ speed.

Oh? I thought you meant Superhuman Phys was still on his page lol.

But I put that on the Noble Physiology page because I thought it was standard? Considering most if not every noble scales to 8-C+ Ap and Rel+ speed.

I wasn't questioning that. If there is a solid basis for every Noble having that, then it is fine for Noble Physiology to include that. The issue because of which I contacted you is simply something that occured as result of a question I wanted answered and already got the answer for.

It should be on the Noble Physiology page because that's one of the traits of the physiology. Earlier, we were discussing whether it should also be listed on D's power block in addition to the physiology, but the physiology covers it. If some of the other powers listed are covered by the Noble Physiology, they should also be removed to make his powers a little more readable.

(I tend to ignore huge walls of text that are one block with no separations, such as Goku's powers / Superman's powers, etc. For those, I tend to go to the DB or DC wiki as I like their formats better). The formatting on the Noble Physiology page is far more readable than the Powers/Abilities tab on D's page, for example.

ChemistKyle89 said:
It should be on the Noble Physiology page because that's one of the traits of the physiology. Earlier, we were discussing whether it should also be listed on D's power block in addition to the physiology, but the physiology covers it. If some of the other powers listed are covered by the Noble Physiology, they should also be removed to make his powers a little more readable.
(I tend to ignore huge walls of text that are one block with no separations, such as Goku's powers / Superman's powers, etc. For those, I tend to go to the DB or DC wiki as I like their formats better). The formatting on the Noble Physiology page is far more readable than the Powers/Abilities tab on D's page, for example.
As I said D has better feats and versions of these powers than whats listed on the Noble Physiology page. And his powers shouldn't be on the Noble Physiology page because D is not a regular Noble. First of all he's a Dhampir, not a full Noble, and second of all he's the offspring of the Sacred Ancestor, which makes him very different from your average Noble.

If regular Nobles don't have Superhuman Physical Characteristics, then it should be removed from that page and then it would need to be added to D's.

ChemistKyle89 said:
If regular Nobles don't have Superhuman Physical Characteristics, then it should be removed from that page and then it would need to be added to D's.
Wait what?

Hold on I thought you were referring to the powers listed on D's profile like Enhanced Senses and Stealth Mastery and such?...

And they do have Superhuman Phys... All of them do.

Oh. Eh, I don't know much about the verse or D in particular. But wouldn't powers as defined on the Noble Physiology that have the same name, Telepathy for example is on both, be redundant regardless of the actual magnitude of the power? For the Telepathy, D's page says Telepathy (D has showcased telepathy) with a link showing a scan of him using it. Is there any reason for it to be listed if it's a power that's listed on Noble Physiology?

ChemistKyle89 said:
Oh. Eh, I don't know much about the verse or D in particular. But wouldn't powers as defined on the Noble Physiology that have the same name, Telepathy for example is on both, be redundant regardless of the actual magnitude of the power? For the Telepathy, D's page says Telepathy (D has showcased telepathy) with a link showing a scan of him using it. Is there any reason for it to be listed if it's a power that's listed on Noble Physiology?
If the powers somehow differ for D, then that should probably be something that is listed on his profile.

Wouldn't Telepathy still be Telepathy though? Unless a feat and calc is associated with range or something, I would call it redundant to have it listed.

ChemistKyle89 said:
Wouldn't Telepathy still be Telepathy though? Unless a feat and calc is associated with range or something, I would call it redundant to have it listed.
I don't know anything about that so you have to ask AogiriKira.

Back