• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Regenerating from Nonexistence Erasure...

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Well, i have a prolem with a thing regarding the topic of this thread

The current definition of Mid-Godly Regenerationn is basically regenerating from nothingness.

Able to regenerate even after every aspect of the mind, body, soul, and consciousness, are erased from existence.

However it seems like regenerating after you body and soul are destroyed, or regenerating after having your entire concept erased is also valid for having Mid-Godly Regenerationn, since all of the things above being done upon living beings result in the same thing: They are reduced to nonexistence

However, according to this discussio regarding High-Godly Regenerationn, coming back from Nonexistence Erasure (Example: You are a being who is pure nothingness, yet someone can erase you, but you come back from it) was agreed to be an higher level of Mid-Godly Regenerationn

Okay so... after all of the blah blah blah above, my question about this: Why though?

The very page for Regenerationn defines Mid-Godly levels of it are basically returning from nothingness, and all of the different "versions" i mentioned above result in the same thing: You goes to Nonexistence

But being erased from Nonexistence goes beyond that, it basically erases the Nothingness beings with Mid-Godly regen come back from, yet some are able to come back from it

I agree. I think we are confusing the words "from" or "to" when dealing with this

Like say something is erased from existence, it means too that they are eraed to nonexistence. I.E they "exist" in a state not of our plane or perception of reality, and on a much more abstract level void of any existing concept we know like a soul, mind, spirit ect. If some is erased from nonexistence it means that even this abstract nonexistence is erased. As such, if you can regenerate even from abstract nonexistence, you are going way beyond mid-godly Regenerationn's parameters.

I will ask DarkLK about this. We mostly modified the Regenerationn page according to his instructions.

DarkLK has replied:

"I have already said that I personally consider the high levels of Regenerationn as a recovery from some abstract backup copies related to reality itself.

In the case of the mid godly level this refers to beings who can be restored as long as there is a reality in which they are located. At what level you are going to erase them themselves (body+soul+mind of body+soul+mind+concept+story) is not of fundamental importance."

Given what DarkLK says, I think we should have it so regenerating even when deleted from non-existence to be high godly

DarkLK said that the degree of erasure doesn't matter, so it's definitely not high-godly.

@Dragon

I don't think so. Same thing as killing conceptual embodiments not being conceptual manipulation.

Do other staff members think that we should clarify this in the Regenerationn page, and if so, so you have suggestions for how to word the addition?

I'm not sure if this qualifies as Staff Discussion or not, and this is very likely irrelevant anyway, but what is this "story erasure" I heard being mentioned on this thread?

It likely refers to being erased across all of time and space, meaning you are simply gone from space and time, you don't exist, never existed, and never will exist

For a more on-topic response... technically speaking, a reality can't really recreate someone erased from nonexistence, since you don't see such beings continuing to be able to interact with reality like nonexistent beings can.

The mere fact that nonexistent entities have shown to be capable of interaction with existent entities does show that their reality at least has something to recreate them from.

For someone to come back after even that is gone, it generally requires a higher reality to have some abstract backup system operating on different laws that can recreate someone erased from the nonexistence of the lower reality.

Just throwing in my two cents. I could be totally wrong, but eh.

Actually, what this "abstract backup" thing even means? That there are copies of one's existence in the fabric of reality and that said reality recreates them from these copies?

Admittedly, I have no idea myself.

I just used it after seeing DarkLK use it, maybe we could ask him.

I think that it means that there must always be some sort of metaphysical level of existence to regenerate from, as DarkLK sees the issue.

Back