• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Infinite powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose Character A is 5D and Character B is 6D.

How much cardinal infinites does Character B has to be at least above Character A to be 6D?

Thanks for reading.

A 6-D character is one order of infinity over a 5-D character.

Every dimension is an order of infinity.

Reppuzan said:
A 6-D character is one order of infinity over a 5-D character.
Every dimension is an order of infinity.
I take it as though 6D is one infinite above 5D and the same applies for 7D > 6D, etc?

Dimensions are two orders of infinity. 3D power->infinite 3D power->4D power->infinite 4D power and so on

@Kaltias

Either way, it's not wise to put two characters of two different dimensional tiers in a matchup.

Kaltias, Reppuzan:

Can you come both to an agreement on which is true, 1 infinite or 2 infinites to transcend a 4D/5D/etc Dimension?

@Adam

What Kaltias is referring to is the idea of physical matter vs space-time.

Between 3-D and 4-D, we make distinctions based on destroying an infinite amount of physical matter and a truly infinite amount of power by destroying space-time. Similarly, we make distinctions between destroying one, many, countless, and infinite numbers of timelines in the 4-D power bracket.

However, we make no such distinctions from 5-D onward, since from then on only dimensionality matters for determining power until we hit 1-A, after which all of the previous distinctions are meaningless since infinity has no meaning to a 1-A character.

Well, what I meant was more about the difference between dimensions in general, not the tiering system. The gap between 7D and 8D is just as big as the one between 3D and 4D.

But Reppu is right about the fact that we stop making the distinction in the tiering system as we hit tier 1.

For example, aren't the SGDL "at least High 2-A" because they are infinitely superior to 2-A to High 2-A avatars?

@Kaltias

I suppose I'm thinking in terms of the immediate difference been one dimensional tier and the next.

2-A = Can destroy infinite universes (Highest possible 4-D Rating)

High 2-A = 5-D (Exists above infinite universes, one order of infinity higher).

More or less, yeah. My point was that being infinitely superior to a baseline High 2-A is basically the 5-dimensional variation of High 3-A, instead of being 6-D. While infinitely stronger than infinite High 2-A power would be 6-D. Hence the double degree of infinity thing.

@Kaltias

I can agree with that.

From baseline dimensional tier to next = 2 degrees of infinite power from Tier 3-1.

After that, it's just one degree of infinity for every dimension up to High 1-B.

So only High 1-B requires just 1 infinite to transcend a dimension and that 1-B requires 2 infinite to transcend 1 finite dimension?

Well, as our Tiering System page says, a 6D object is beyond a countably infinite number of times greater than a 5D object.

For example, even if a 2D plane is countably infinite in both directions, a 3D object will have a greater volume, and the same should likely apply on higher levels of geometry.

@Reppu

But this isn't what i'm saying.

I'm saying that if you are a dimension higher you are 2 degrees of infinity superior if you go from X-Dimensional power to (X+1)-Dimensional power.

The gap between 10-D and 11-D is two degrees of infinity just like the one between 3-D and 4-D.

All that we can reliably say is that on a mathematical level, according to DontTalk's old explanation to me, a 6D object is a beyond countably infinite number of times greater than a 5D object. However, an uncountable infinity may or may not be a different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back