• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About headshots and regeneration

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
It's a rather common element in fiction for characters to be able to heal from being shot in the head (Mid regen in our system), but not being able to regenerate limbs or such (Low-Mid).

What do we do in these occasions?
Would the character still have Mid regen, or is it preferable to give them a lower level?

I'd say that it would still classify as Mid Regeneration, they still healed from the damage that would classify as Mid. To assume that all of fiction would follow our standards on Regeneration completely is a bit much, that would also assume that all fictional creators are even aware of our system or the difference in severity between being shot in the face and having a limb torn off.

Mid regen with a weakness. For example, Wolverine can visibly survive having his brains blown to shit but for some reason can't survive if his head is lobbed off from his body, which would be less damaging in comparison.

I believe it would be considered Immortality type 2 plus the appropiated regen type, that since it can't regenerate limbs, it would be High-Low or below.

Also, I wouldn't consider having part of your brain destroyed to be the same as being beheaded, one thing is being damaged and another is being disconnected.

I believe it would be considered Immortality type 2 plus the appropiated regen type, that since it can't regenerate limbs, it would be High-Low or below.

Also, I wouldn't consider having part of your brain destroyed to be the same as being beheaded, one thing is being damaged and another is being disconnected.
Severe organ damage/destruction is usually Low-Mid tho

Mm, the problem seems that apparently we assumed that regenerating limbs is a lower level from regenerating vitals when half of the time characters that regenerate from vital damage do not regrow missing limbs.

Mm, the problem seems that apparently we assumed that regenerating limbs is a lower level from regenerating vitals when half of the time characters that regenerate from vital damage do not regrow missing limbs.
Prolly because losing limbs without causing severe damage to the major arteries might be survivable, but severe damage to the organs might require transplants (Catastrophic brain damage is mostly fatal without supernatural regen).

BTW, what would be the regen for growing a full body from a decapitated head?

I know that losing a head and then growing back your head from the body is Mid, but what if the opposite were to happen where you grow a full body from a single head?

I prefer to call it "Limited" Mid regeneration. Why is it Limited? It's because he is able to regenerate from a Mid-Regen damage but it has a limit which is his organs/weak spot.

Back