• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

about godly regen in undertale,downgrade

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Again, it is not outside help, and something Chara owns does not make it part of their being.

@RR

Flowey was around long before Chara was brought back from death, though.
Do you really think that Alphys is that old? I'm not agreeing with anyone because I couldn't keep up with the conversation, just saying random things

RRTheEndMan said:
Do you really think that Alphys is that old? I'm not agreeing with anyone because I couldn't keep up with the conversation, just saying random things
I'm not saying he's like hundreds of years old, for something. But he was around a long time in the Underground before Frisk arrived.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
that dosent make it in any way Regenerationn, its plain ressurection and tipe 8 immortality
Again, these powers are not mutually exclusive. Having Type 8 does not prevent you from having Mid-Godly.

Actually, pretty sure they are, in a way.

You can't have Mid-Godly based on your Type 8 Immortality. If you can regenerate from nothing due to Type 8 Immortality then it's just that, immortality, not Mid-Godly regen.

Because both regen AND immortality would imply that you can regen on your own AND won't die even if you're erased beyond mid-godly as long as your Type 8 is untouched.

Mid-Godly, in this case, clarifies the level of Regenerationn granted by the Type 8. There are characters with Type 8 who, for instance, could have it bypassed by being erased from existence.

The problem is, if you decide to not clarify one, it has the exact same effect in practice and battle, but requires more unnecessary clarification.

This also ignores the fact that the initial instance of this power was not immortality in the first place, as Chara was not alive.

Yet just listing Immortality and Mid-Godly all on their own can cause confusion with characters who can both regen and won't die as long as something exists.

It just seems a bit silly to me to bring a completely different power (Regen) to precise another (Immortality), alongside causing confusion. Saying that Type 8 extend to being erased from existence is far easier and less confusing inducing than bringing up Mid-Godly Regen.

That's the same as clarifying that the source of coming back from being erased (Mid-Godly) is the Type 8 immortality. Which come to think of it, is probably just the easiest option.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
That's the same as clarifying that the source of coming back from being erased (Mid-Godly) is the Type 8 immortality. Which come to think of it, is probably just the easiest option.
wasent bills regen removed because of it being reliant?

so, is this going to be added?

i would sugest something like? Regenerationn (low-godly, mid-godly via immortality) and immortality type 8 and 6

shouldent chara also habe immortality tipe 9 while controlling frisk and whitin the body they showed during the end geno?

I think Bill's was removed due to it being reliant on an entirely different character choosing to bring him back and not something he actually owns or controls.

I guess they should have Type 9, yeah. Though probably only after the first genocide playthrough.

it was resurection becuase, despite being outside help, he can summion it, but it only works after death. this is tipe 8 post geno and ressurection pre, as chara herself needed someone ele entierly.

should frisk have ressurection period via dt and chara?

and could parrasitic immortality be given to chara with longevity and reliant to frisk via anomaly/chara

but why? immortality tipe 8 naturaly give mid godly Regenerationn with possible rare exeptions

Back