• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About fear manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So Saman's suggestion does not seem good to you either then?

Okay. So how do you think that the page should be revised more specifically?

Types​

On the basis of their nature, Fear Manipulation is divided into the following subtypes:
This wording can be redone as:

Types​

On the basis of their nature, Fear Manipulation typically falls into the following subtypes:
More flexible

Otherwise @SamanPatou what would your write-up of power use be, for the page?

Both Impress' and Saman's suggestions above seem fine to me.

Do fear-inducing statuses or power over people of a lower status count towards anything?

"His bounty is over 9000, how are we going to beat that?"
"Magic power is so high and it makes me tremble"
"That's the highest-ranking warrior in all of the 9 realms, shiver me timbers"

or something like that.

would this be fear inducement or social influencing or nothing?

A year ago or so we established that infamy wasn't to be considered social influencing, nor simple power gaps or monstrous appearances.

Intimidation still works as such, but must be carried out in a specific way.

Well, Saman and Impress need to reach some kind of agreement.

If someone wants to write drafts of examples/possible uses, I can evaluate and apply them, but as of now I can't do such thing myself.

If someone wants to write drafts of examples/possible uses, I can evaluate and apply them, but as of now I can't do such thing myself.
Okay. Would somebody here be willing to handle this please?

I really don't know if I can help with this given I don't know characters that utilize this ability noticeably but I can give an example I guess but I thought the page already had examples?

That seems like a good idea, yes. Feel free to mention the suggestion to merge fear manipulation with empathic manipulation there. Thank you. 🙏

Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back