• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Dragon Ball Canonicity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying there should be other profiles I'm just saying that things from DBZ Kai should support the Super Anime.

@Zamasu Chan

It has elements and plot points from the filler and directly shows flashbacks from it. It would to scale to anime goku which would upset fanboys so we can't have that. It is made and produced by the same studio that made the Z anime Toei.

I am still not sure what you want us to change in which profiles,

@Antivasima

The proper way to scale dragon ball and to look at it is to start with what we got and go off there GT is a sequel to the dragon ball Anime. Super is as well by being made by the same studio and showing flashbacks and designs from the Anime. The Z movies have no connection to each other but for simpltic sake you could composite one profie for goku to scale off of for the villians but keys and feats should be spectified so you don't have a universe level Turles. Games are there in there own corner. Bardock has three characters not four as the one from the chilled movie is the same as time breaker bardock due to the story being adapted from heroes. Canon Bardock has two verisions which are changed based off the narative being presented and don't say his crew is not canon as toyotaro disargees. GT is canon to the anime as it has flashbacks to it like super. I see them like splinter timelines one where beerus wakes up and where things end up normally like the manga. Movies are stated as non canon to the main narrative. Evolution is a disgrace so no disscion here. Garlic Jr is weird as he's the look it's the toei timeline character despite being a expection to the rule that has not existed but trying define something better working here. Tarble was canon to super to begin with as was the toei characters from the anime as it a sequel to that and being referred to in broly killed all doubts hopefully. Kai was a adaption to watch z easier for fans without all the filler but in the end it had filler and had production exclusively by toei.

Well, I personally don't mind counting DBS as a follow-up to the DBZ and DB Kai anime series, but am too busy to handle any revision of the relevant profiles. Somebody can ask the staff members listed in the Dragon Ball verse page to comment here, if you wish.

Honestly, this is immaterial to me.

I'm fine with the current arrangement as there is an existing profile that takes anime feats into account and is available for use in vs threads.

Toei has final say on decisions made with the anime. The DBS manga is written by someone else. DB has no official canon; not from Toriyama, Toei, or Shueisha. The one and only thing that is 100% canon is Toriyama's original manga. To a certain degree, the decisions made on this are necessarily arbitrary...and I think that's fine.

That said, taking DBS as "canon" whilst dismissing Kai kinda makes me roll my eyes but c'est la vie

I am still not sure what exactly that you want us to change within the profiles.

All the staff members have already commented and the conclusion has been reached long before. Nothing is changing, everything is staying as is.

I don't know what is still being discussed here. We don't need to overcomplicate such a simple thing. Kai is an adaptation of the main canon (the manga), and in absence of anything directly produced by Toriyama now, both DBS anime and manga are equally canon continuations of his story.

Edit: Thread is almost a month old and nobody's even commenting. Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back