• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Chara and White Face and Regen

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Aren't their feats fundamentally the same?

Both had the reality/game they exist in broken and neither has a physical form when all is said and done. But Chara got Mid-Godly and Abstract Existence while White Face got High-Godly despite both still having a void of sorts (according to their respective profiles and what I know of the Geno ending and post geno ending).

This situation also applies to certain SMT characters (who also get Mid-Godly and Abstract Existence) or Time Devourer who gets Mid-Godly and an advanced form of Non-Corporeality.

Shouldn't either White Face get downgraded to Mid-Godly regen or Chara get upgraded to High-Godly based on this?

Particularly speaking, I think this is one high level of Mid-Godly for both rather than High Godly as there's still the void but at this moment I'm more asking than suggesting one or another.

The entire reality being gone and Chara being a disembodied voice who can still even restore said Reality in its entirety after that says otherwise.

FateAlbane said:
The entire reality being gone and Chara being a disembodied voice who can still even restore said Reality in its entirety after that says otherwise.
Chara was unaffected by the destruction of the game, which is different from regenerating from it.

Chara's body went right along with the destruction of the game. They exist as a disembodied abstract existence nonetheless, but post-genocide they can recreate the entire reality and in the next genocide ending they manifest in a physical body once more.

No matter how you cut it, it's the same feat.

Anonimoe7875 said:
Chara was unaffected by the destruction of the game, which is different from regenerating from it.
Again, their physical body is gone as well after the whole reality is destroyed and they are just a voice as opposed to a sprite.

FateAlbane said:
Again, their physical body is gone as well after the whole reality is destroyed and they are just a voice as opposed to a sprite.
They only regenerate they body after the reality is restored and they wasn't erased.

You do realize they restored not just themselves, but both the Reality that was destroyed AND their physical body (which they don't even recquire at that point) at will, right? If anything, that makes the feat even more impressive.

Restoring the Reality is just reality manipulation.

They only appear with a physical body after the reality was restored and they weren't truly erased.

Seriously, look at this:

White Face: "Likely High-Godly. Came back from all of the game world destroyed and corrupted. Its true self is seemingly nonexistent, a void that can exist even after the game world is completely erased. Can die if its Heart is destroyed, however"

/\ This is literally the exact same feat as Geno route Chara and they get Mid-Godly. Either Chara is High-Godly or White face is also Mid-Godly.

Anonimoe7875 said:
Restoring the Reality is just reality manipulation.
They only appear with a physical body after the reality was restored and they weren't truly erased.
Chara literally appears right after the entire game is broken, which should logically be impossible for a game character, hence why they adress the player directly.

And by all means, point me to a Reality Warper who can reality warp after their reality is erased without, you know, coming back from it first.

The Everlasting said:
What actually says that Chara regenerated from the event at all?
Disembodied Voice in a complete void after the game is broken and corrupted is the exact same feat as White Face and White face got high-godly out of that.

The Everlasting said:
What actually says that Chara regenerated from the event at all?
>> Chara's body went right along with the destruction of the game. They exist as a disembodied abstract existence nonetheless, but post-genocide they can recreate the entire reality and in the next genocide ending they manifest in a physical body once more.

No matter how you cut it, it's the same feat.

I have no idea how the scene works in Imscared.

I'm specifically asking what shows Chara regenerated from the destruction of the game. Because as far as I can tell, it's just a disembodied voice talking to you, nothing indicating that Chara was destroyed in body and soul.

@Ever Chara was present physically before the destruction of Reality, after the game is crashed and corrupted, they come back as the single thing in the void - again, note that this is worse than any reset in the game. There's literally nothing, some game files are corrupted, you can't SAVE or LOAD, RESET, not even TRUE RESET exists anymore so if you want to get rid of that you literally have to erase a file from your computer and Chara's disembodied voice is the only thing left in all of Undertale.

Then read White Face's regen description. That's what I'm saying.

Either Chara's regen is right and his is wrong or vice versa.

Chara literally appears right after the entire game is broken, which should logically be impossible for a game character, hence why they adress the player directly.
And by all means, point me to a Reality Warper who can reality warp after their reality is erased without, you know, coming back from it first.

They are still alive as a disembodied consciousness, and why would that be impossible?

Alien X

@Fate

That still doesn't sound like proof of Chara regenerating.

Stop bringing in White Face, I'm strictly talking about Chara now.

Anonimoe7875 said:
When was alien X ever erased along with their reality and reality warped it all back without, you know, regenerating first? That lack of any godly regen is making me call shananigans on this example.

The Everlasting said:
@Fate
That still doesn't sound like proof of Chara regenerating.

Stop bringing in White Face, I'm strictly talking about Chara now.
>>> Stop bringing in White Face

>>> White Face is literally one of the topics in the OP.

...? So, we are to assume Chara's body simply dissolved and they somehow exist anyways without, you know, an entire REALITY for them to manifest in, despite they actually being shown with a body beforehand and everything being complete void afterwards?

...Huh. The more I know.

Chara's feat is Mid-Godly for coming back from not existing after their body and SOUL both ceased to be. Post-genocide run, they also have abstract existence and Type 8 Immortality.

The scene for White Face isn't provided, but it sounds a lot more like that based on description alone.

I'm questioning Chara even regenerating from it, thus White Face isn't relevant.

Or Chara just, you know, stopped manifesting and became its abstract whatever form. Chara isn't a physical being you know.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Chara's feat is Mid-Godly for coming back from not existing after their body and SOUL both ceased to be. Post-genocide run, they also have abstract existence and Type 8 Immortality.
The scene for White Face isn't provided, but it sounds a lot more like that based on description alone.
That makes sense. This part I bolded is what sounds the same to me in White Face's case, since Chara still exists in a complete void post destruction of reality and they don't get High-Godly out of that. What makes it even more strange to me is that White Face's profile states that if its heart is destroyed it will die, which a bona fide High Godly regenerator should come back from.

@Ever

Referring to Chara's original death, not the genocide ending. The former is where their regen comes from, the latter is where their immortality comes from.

@Fate

Is its heart also part of the game reality? Again, no context is really provided, but you are correct in that as described, the feat is more in line with something like Chara's.

"What makes it even more strange to me is that White Face's profile states that if its heart is destroyed it will die, which a bona fide High Godly regenerator should come back from."

It's called reliant immortality. Oryx has Mid-Godly Regenerationn but will die if his Oversoul is destroyed.

The Everlasting said:
It's called reliant immortality. Oryx has Mid-Godly Regenerationn but will die if his Oversoul is destroyed.
Sorry, but High-Godly regenerators don't give two chips about Reliant Immortality.

They will return from absolutely nothing left even if there's nowhere from them to regen to or regen from.

"but High-Godly regenerators don't give two chips about Reliant Immortality."

I have literally never heard about that before.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Is its heart also part of the game reality? Again, no context is really provided, but you are correct in that as described, the feat is more in line with something like Chara's.
Yes, this is what I mean with the current description sounding the same as Chara's condition at the end of Geno. Unless further context is provided for White Face, it's not sounding like High Godly to me. Mostly because the existing in a void part was discussed in a previous thread (I think you pointed that out but I'd need to get the link) and should be really high scale of Mid-Godly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back